Author Topic: Update and Scenery distance questions  (Read 3923 times)

dmbusmc

Update and Scenery distance questions
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:06:52 am »
Hey, just two quick questions.

I'm not sure which version of Hawaiian Airports I have installed, and can't find the information in the addon manager. Any way of finding that out? Or, can I just go ahead and install the 1.4 update and it won't have any adverse effects?

Also, is there any way to increase the sight/load distance on the scenery? For instance, whenever I am on short final and flaring, it begins to load the smaller stuff, like the vehicles, cargo boxes, etc., and it causes pauses and stutters which are kind of troublesome when you are trying to land. I have a good system (avg. 45+ w/ any aircraft), so it won't be an issue for me to do this. If there is any way to do that it would be fantastic!

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Update and Scenery distance questions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 02:38:09 pm »
I'm not sure which version of Hawaiian Airports I have installed, and can't find the information in the addon manager. Any way of finding that out?

You'll find version numbers of installed sceneries in the Control Panel, under Add/Remove programs.

Also, is there any way to increase the sight/load distance on the scenery? For instance, whenever I am on short final and flaring, it begins to load the smaller stuff, like the vehicles, cargo boxes, etc., and it causes pauses and stutters which are kind of troublesome when you are trying to land.

Yes, as explained in many other threads in this forum, the "Anti Pop-Up" slider of the Addon Manager controls the objects loading range, if you set it all the way to the right, the whole scenery will be loaded in memory at once.