Author Topic: No terminal buildings  (Read 3757 times)

bigmack

No terminal buildings
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:19:46 pm »
Installed KDFW KORD PHNL KLAS, when I goto these airports all I see is the jetways. No teminal buildings. I looked in addon manager and it shows thst eack airport is installed and activated. I'm at a loss here. Any sugesstions?

Bill M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No terminal buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:38:13 pm »
Are you missing ONLY the Couatl menu ? Do you see the Addon Manager menu at least ? If only Couatl is missing, than it's 100% sure you haven't correctly set the antivirus, please follow this to the letter, don't skip any step.

- Uninstall the scenery (just one, KDFW for example, not all of them). Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

bigmack

Re: No terminal buildings
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 03:05:10 am »
Thank for your help. I noticed I had 4 Virtuali addon Manager versoins entries in my add/remove programs folder. I uninstall all and reinstalled the latest FSX and FS9 versions. All went back to normal.

Thanks again

Bill M