Author Topic: DFW Jetways at wrong gates meeting flights  (Read 8369 times)

cowings1588

DFW Jetways at wrong gates meeting flights
« on: June 27, 2011, 09:58:53 am »
Need another Jetway update for DFW.. Or something is wrong with mine.. E terminal.. Jetways of the opposite gate are coming over to meet the aircraft & in turn being on the wrong side...

Not sure I had AES working but then, I guess there' is only a demo mode until I put credits in it, So I turned AES off but the standard jetways are acting up & the opposite jetway to the gate I'm at is trying to meet the aircraft instead of the gate I'm on jetway should be meeting my aircraft seeing its on the right side...

Did I mess something up using AES or is there really a problem that needs to be adjusted by you guys at FSDT ??
COA
Bill

theshack440

Re: DFW Jetways at wrong gates meeting flights
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 02:24:07 pm »
This same sort of thing happens to me at KFLL at one of the jetBlue gates. It's always the same one too. The one that I called (for the gate that I am in) doesn't move while the gate to the left's jetway comes over. (I do not own/use AES)

Although I have never experienced that at KDFW, it is very plausible if it isn't my system's fault for the FLL glitch.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:12:08 pm »
I've checked ALL jetways at Terminal E and, found ONE SINGLE problem: jetway from Parking E6 activates when you are in E7.

This is because the E6 radius is probably too large, if you have any AFCAD editor, like ADE or AFX, it should be an easy fix, simply changing its radius from 44 mt to something smaller, like 40 mt or so.

cowings1588

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 03:35:33 pm »
Ok thanks Umberto.. I'll try that..  I do have AES, do you have to pay again for it.. I bought AES, but then its acting like I have to pay for credits again for each airport ??
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 05:57:14 pm »
I do have AES, do you have to pay again for it.. I bought AES, but then its acting like I have to pay for credits again for each airport ??

Sorry, I only replied about the standard scenery as we sell it, which obviously has moving jetways without requiring AES and there was an issue indeed with that single parking, which can be fixed as I've described, I don't know if the parking radius has an effect when using AES too.

For any question about purchasing credits, you need to ask on Aerosoft forum.

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 08:16:21 pm »
I've checked ALL jetways at Terminal E and, found ONE SINGLE problem: jetway from Parking E6 activates when you are in E7.

This is because the E6 radius is probably too large, if you have any AFCAD editor, like ADE or AFX, it should be an easy fix, simply changing its radius from 44 mt to something smaller, like 40 mt or so.

Umberto, is it safe to assume that my problem with KFLL can be fixed the same way in ADE?

Thanks
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 08:23:35 pm »
Umberto, is it safe to assume that my problem with KFLL can be fixed the same way in ADE?

If the jetway that moves is the one coming from the nearby parking instead of the right one, it probably means the nearby parking is too large. Ideally, parking shouldn't overlap but, this is basically impossible, unless you are prepared to eliminate lots of parking stands. So, you want to be sure that at least they don't overlap too much.

cowings1588

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »
Ok.. Now that issue has been covered.. Earlier I had disabled AES.. Using just the normal Jetways that came with DFW scenery... My ERJ's are completely off the mark when it comes to Jetways & default belt loaders.. Which one of the reasons I am looking so forward to your GSX in hopes once GSX comes out, I won't need the default belt loaders coming upto my plane anymore & that yours will go gently around my wing instead of through the wing causing a crash which i get all the time there default tug with cart comes over & then moves away, its always going through my ERJ wing & causing a crash.

However back to the Jetway.. I notice when calling on the jetway that the normal jetway without AES goes completely over my wing to back engine instead of the front door on the ERJ.. is there anyway you can set it so it recognizes ERJ & CRJ's ??

Also I'm gonna leave couple cordinates of both my ERJ 145LR & ERJ145XR & there exits & if anyone can tell me what I need to change the numbers too so that the default belt loader will go to the right door until we get GSX out.. I'd greatly appreciate it.. Then maybe the tug with bag cart will go a different way & not hit my wing as much anymore either...

Sucks flying an ERJ right now.. :(
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 01:00:18 am »
However back to the Jetway.. I notice when calling on the jetway that the normal jetway without AES goes completely over my wing to back engine instead of the front door on the ERJ.. is there anyway you can set it so it recognizes ERJ & CRJ's ??

As we said, several times, our jetways are not made by us, except the model. They don't have the slightest bit of intelligence built in, it's FSX that move them entirely automatically, and it's FSX itself that tries to figure it out were to move them. It's not a perfect system at all, and even default jetways are very buggy, especially with smaller airplanes like the default CRJ.

We would like to entirely replace the jetway system in future GSX version, surely not for the first release, but it's in the plans anyway, because the default FSX system is quite unreliable.

However, they usually reach the door so, check your Exits position in the aircraft.cfg are correct. AES doesn't use that info, since it has its own intelliscene.cfg file so, it might work even if the Exits in the aircraft.cfg are wrong, but when using the default FSX system, they have to be correct.

cowings1588

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 02:21:11 am »
Thanks Virtuali for the advice..  I look forward to GSX coming out & I look forward to the future GSX, when you do get to rebuild your own Jetways & make them more reliable..  :)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:46:25 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

theshack440

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 02:28:38 pm »

If the jetway that moves is the one coming from the nearby parking instead of the right one, it probably means the nearby parking is too large. Ideally, parking shouldn't overlap but, this is basically impossible, unless you are prepared to eliminate lots of parking stands. So, you want to be sure that at least they don't overlap too much.

Ok I will give that a try when I come back home; thanks a lot  :)

Best regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com