Author Topic: Zurich elevation error!  (Read 5676 times)

MUC

Zurich elevation error!
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:51:59 am »
Hello,

in my FS2004 LSZH scenery, the aircrafts seem to float a few feet over the ground! It appears on the apron, the taxiways and the runways. I'm using also CH pro 2008, but the Dreamteam scenery is on a higher layer and the Airport scenery is on the topmost layer.

I didn't find anything about it on this forum, that's why I started this topic. Could this be an Afcad problem? I'have attached some screenshots, but it's difficult to recognize it in static view. It only appears clearly with the view in motion.

Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich elevation error!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:30:35 am »
Your screenshots show the airplane firmly on ground, an altitude difference of few feets, as you said, would be clearly visible in a screenshot, even a statice one.

MUC

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:48:00 am »
To make it clearly visible, I added some more screenshots from different angles. The aircraft is on every picture exactly on the same position! Please refer to the Taxiway centerline, and if that isn't sufficient, please refer to the shadow points of the wheels.

It might not be a few feet, but it is large enough to be visible. It seems as if the plane is on a glass plate over the surface!

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:15:00 am »
I'm sorry, but as you can clearly see from my screenshot, the airplane is perfectly planted on ground.

Of course, you should first always check with a default airplane and, if the problem is still there, you should check for another scenery or AFCAD in conflict.

On FS9, you can use the free ScanAFD program to find AFCAD duplicates for an airport. You need to remove all the extra, except the default one and the one that comes with our scenery.