Author Topic: De-icing  (Read 7816 times)

ESzczesniak

De-icing
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:20:21 am »
If I recall correctly, somewhere in the first preview thread it was mentioned that there were plans for de-icing vehicles.  If so, will we be able to use/call these at both the gate or a de-ice pad.  Would be nice if we could do pad de-icing as well, but just a thought.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: De-icing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:14:19 am »
For the reason GSX is universal and supports all airports, deicing vehicles can be used at gates only, because there's no such thing as an deicing pad location in the AFCAD or anywhere else.

data63

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:38:05 pm »
maybe one could add a "fake" Parking Position/Gate with minimal diameter preventing any aircraft parkig here. There the User-Aircraft could make a stop and "call de-Icing"?

just a thought

Happy Landings

Juergen

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:45:20 pm »
maybe one could add a "fake" Parking Position/Gate with minimal diameter preventing any aircraft parkig here. There the User-Aircraft could make a stop and "call de-Icing"?

While I'm not entirely certain, I think that'd be to difficult to do as it would have to be done for EVERY airport in which GSX is used, which, as it is going to be a universal product, is not feasible

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 02:31:02 am »
I don't know if this is what you meant but what I'll do is I will go to a stand away from the terminal (considered a "gate" -- meaning able to start there from fsx menu) isolated enough where it potentially could be a de-ice area.

Umberto, could you do that? (Call the de-icing trucks from a gate/stand that you don't start at?)

Thanks
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

data63

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:43:51 am »

While I'm not entirely certain, I think that'd be to difficult to do as it would have to be done for EVERY airport in which GSX is used, which, as it is going to be a universal product, is not feasible

that was certainly not meant to be an "universial solution" - just for the airports you use (and where there is some need for de-icing).
But let's hear what "the makers" are telling us about the idea ;-)

Happy landing

juergen