Author Topic: Jetways??????????  (Read 5030 times)

nathanh12

Jetways??????????
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:40:39 pm »
If i was to want to board/deboard an aircraft a gate that had a jetway, would GSX work so the step truck pulled up to the rear door and the jetway connected to the front or if the aircraft does not have two exits people walking across the jetway as I use Zinertek Ultimate Airport Environment X  and the jetways are transparent and if I wanted to deboard at an airport with no jetway after one of the above scenarios would this also be possible.

Yours,
Nathan

PS: Do people actually walk up and down steps at boarding/deboarding.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:42:19 pm by nathanh12 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways??????????
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:37:32 am »
It the gate has a jetway, there will be no stairs and no bus truck.

Of course, by "gate has a jetway", we mean a proper FSX jetway. If the jetway is "embedded" as part of the terminal, it will not be seen so, stairs and the bus will appear.

No program can obviously recognize a jetway, if the scenery developer hasn't separated it from the terminal model, and flagged as a proper jetway in the AFCAD, this is the main design choice in GSX: it will have to work without ANY modification to the scenery, which is the only way it can support every scenery from day one.

The downside of this, is that if you have airports with jetways embedded in the terminal ( all our airports are not like this, and all default airports always have jetways as separate objects ), it will be as if they will not exist.