Author Topic: Bush GSX  (Read 7641 times)

Kilstorm

Bush GSX
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:58 pm »
I can easily see where GSX will be highly beneficial to those who fly the Big Iron and travel to and from the bigger airports.  However, for my style of flying I would hope that the bush pilot will have a taste of GSX as well.

What would be the difference?  Mainly in my opinion just a beat up older style fuel truck instead of a newer looking modern one, instead of a push back tug have a hand push back using a front wheel dolly or a John Deere style tractor instead of a tug would make a big difference at a smaller strip.  So what I'm getting at is will the GSX people and objects be customizeable to where we can select the style of objects/people or can it be built so that we have different objects to match different fields?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bush GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:54:48 pm »
GSX will allow two customizations levels:

1) Repaints:

- These can be easily done by us, or by users as well, and we'll try to provide paintkits for all vehicles. Repaints can be regionalized in a very flexible way, allowing a certain vehicle to be present in a specific continent, country or airport/s. Repaints can also include things like humans clothing and faces, we'll include some variations based on ethnicity for example, to be seen in different countries, but users can add their own and share them.

2)  New models

- These are extremely difficult to do, since they require both special modeling with an FSX SDK that we partially modified ourselves, and will also require programming, which means is outside of the reach of users. For this level of customization, we are thinking about GSX "Expansion Packs" to cover specific areas of interest. We might have a GSX Cargo Expansion Pack, for example, and a GSX Bush Expansion sounds like an interesting idea.

In any case, the initial release will focus on airliner operations, even if the product will technically support all FSX airports, the most suitable places will be airports with a least some parking stands and a taxiway layout so, the lone strip in the countryside might not really work with it, and the default vehicles sets is mostly suited for mid/large airports.

Kilstorm

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 01:21:25 am »
Umberto,

Thank you for your quick, insightful and detailed explanation of some of the great things GSX will offer.  It would be silly to think GSX should be designed for that back country strip after seeing the preview videos and how well it fills those commercial flights at bigger airports.  So I can fully understand not only the unneeded features, crews, vehicles found in GSX to be found at a lonely dirt strip but also the lack of a user market for it.

However, I fly on FSEconomy and refuel my planes to do so and would love to use GSX for that extra little immersion.  So seeing that you will offer repaints for the objects is a great thing to have as part of GSX.  Theres very little services needed or expected to be found in the bush but I'm glad you are creating GSX to offer repaints and perhaps expansion packs with niche markets in mind as well. :) 

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:33:03 am »
Virtuali,
The "GSX Bush Expansion Pack" sounds like a very interesting addition to me... it might be especially interesting for added areas that the Hawaiian Airports packages do not cover with Air Harbor ports, for example.  It would also like to add that it might be nice to see it for earlier generation Prop & (WWI & WWII) military facilities that would have a specific "look and feel" for that kind/type of services.  It would also work well with current Island charter operations that are along the lines of Part 91/135 operations along many island chains around the globe.  And, of course, we have to have a modern Military Expansion pack to go with this...  ;D

Love the idea... hope you make that happen. ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

DocBird

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 02:41:21 pm »
Was there any outcome of this discussion?

I also like to fly the bush and would much appreciate some (more) movement on small strips.

It would be realy cool to have some people loading my C208 or Twin Otter Extended, refueling it from a barrel (into the wings) and finally doing the pushback with a small truck or "by hand"!

So: Is there any chance to see something like this in the future?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:39:32 am »
So: Is there any chance to see something like this in the future?

There is, but we don't have any estimate on a possible release date (we are not currently working at it), and we don't even considered GSX base program to be really "finished" so, we'll have many updates to GSX itself, before we'll start dwelling into expansions, like Bush or Cargo.

DocBird

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 07:56:20 pm »
Too bad...

I believe that there is a very active bush flying scene and assume that it wouldn't be too much work to provide something like what Kilstorm has mentioned in his OP. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 09:56:47 pm »
I believe that there is a very active bush flying scene

Sure, so there's an active military flying scene and maybe a cargo GSX might even start a new scene ( giving it some purpose ), but as I've said, we should first complete all the foundation.

and assume that it wouldn't be too much work to provide something like what Kilstorm has mentioned in his OP. 

Unfortunately, what was requested is probably one the most difficult things that we can add to GSX, which are human animations.

DocBird

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 02:29:25 pm »
o.k. So we bush pilots will stand by and see what the future will have for us!  ;)