Author Topic: help ive lost all sceneris from you and cloud 9  (Read 4039 times)

geoffbecks

help ive lost all sceneris from you and cloud 9
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:06:56 pm »

Please help me I have run you add on manager and the memory patch and I have now lost all of the sceneries from cloud 9 and from you. how do I get them back as they are in FS9 as being loaded and ready to run........... ??? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: help ive lost all sceneris from you and cloud 9
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 06:48:02 pm »
It's not very clear from your message what's happening. Are you getting a crash at start ? Do you see the Addon Manager menu ? If yes, do the sceneries lists as active or not ?

If, by "memory patch", you mean the patch to enable >2Gb allocation in FS9, as discussed in the relevant forum's thread, this patch will only work with a FS9.EXE without CD checks. If you patch a regular FS9.EXE for >2GB, it will not work (and it will never will) with our products.

Our installer will automatically detect which FS9.EXE you have (cd or nocd) and will install the correct version of the Addon Manager but, if you patch for >2GB an original (with cd check) FS9.EXE afterwards, it will crash at start.

In brief, there's no way to have our FS9 products (and Cloud9's) working with >2gb and an fs9.exe with cd check. They will work, with the >2Gb patch, but only on a nocd fs9.exe

No problems with FSX, instead. FSX itself (from Sp1 onward) already sees >2Gb and since it doesn't use cd checks anymore, it doesn't have such issues.

geoffbecks

Re: help ive lost all sceneris from you and cloud 9
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 06:59:12 pm »
Thanks for your fast responce ...but the panic is over I have sorted it out...I read through some of your old posts and the answers were there all along. I had to find the no cd patch and then rpair all the sceneries to get them working again.......all sorted now ...just a few heart beats missed.. ;D