Author Topic: Trials Installed...but not by me!  (Read 5048 times)

johndrago

Trials Installed...but not by me!
« on: May 13, 2011, 08:23:00 pm »
Hi Guys,

I have a new issue that I discovered last night.  I went to KSFO to do some test flying, and when it loaded, I noticed a strange message at the top of my screen "flightbeem San Francsico International trial started" or something very similar.  I thought that was strange, as I've never downloaded anything other than PHNL and Hawaiian Airports Volume 1.   

The message isn't the only problem.  My default KSFO is now unusable, as there is now a screen freeze every 2 seconds.  I've tried many other airports, and the freeze doesn't happen.  It only happens at my default KSFO where this uncommanded trial of flightbeem exists.

I then loaded up the add-on manager, and checked all the products listed to see if there was anything else strange.  Yes, there is.  I show the following three products installed on a trial basis, but I have NEVER downloaded or installed them:???

- flightbeem KSFO
- XPOI
- quality wings 757 collection

When I look in add/remove programs, I see none of them listed.  In fact, I don't actually see anything in FSX that shows the products, other than the message I receive at KSFO.

The ONLY two products I've purchased and installed are PHNL and Hawaiian Airports Volume 1.

How do I get this fixed, so that I can get KSFO running again, and let the add-on manager know that I don't have any of those trials loaded?

Thanks,

John

Windows 7 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trials Installed...but not by me!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 08:34:54 pm »
Install the current version of the stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, which includes a fix to detect if Flightbeam KSFO is installed or not.

johndrago

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:43:15 pm »
Install the current version of the stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, which includes a fix to detect if Flightbeam KSFO is installed or not.

Can I just install over the existing, or do I need to uninstall the current add-on manager?  What about the other two products that show as trial too?

Thanks,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »
Can I just install over the existing, or do I need to uninstall the current add-on manager? 

I've said to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. If there was a need to uninstall, I would have said that.

What about the other two products that show as trial too?

They don't. The only products that shows a Trial *message* (the green text on the screen) are sceneries.

The other two products are not sceneries, so they will not show any Trial *message*, the Addon Manager might say they are in Trial, only because there's no Serial Number in the registry for them, it doesn't care or check if they are installed or not. So, there's nothing to worry, because there will be no Trial *message* in game, as in case of KSFO, which was fixed in the current version of the Addon Manager.

johndrago

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:56:20 pm »
Can I just install over the existing, or do I need to uninstall the current add-on manager? 

I've said to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. If there was a need to uninstall, I would have said that.

What about the other two products that show as trial too?

They don't. The only products that shows a Trial *message* (the green text on the screen) are sceneries.

The other two products are not sceneries, so they will not show any Trial *message*, the Addon Manager might say they are in Trial, only because there's no Serial Number in the registry for them, it doesn't care or check if they are installed or not. So, there's nothing to worry, because there will be no Trial *message* in game, as in case of KSFO, which was fixed in the current version of the Addon Manager.

Thanks, that solved the problem.

-John