Author Topic: New update has created new problems!  (Read 4416 times)

SgtMav316

New update has created new problems!
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:36:07 am »
Just reporting that the 1.05 update has corrected the issues with the jetways being on the ground to now being in their proper positions. But it hasn't corrected issues with the Fire engine that drives along the taxiway with no wheels (then the wheels appearing when the truck comes close your user aircraft) and the parking facility behind the airport still has cars buried in the ground. Now I am getting flickering textures on the runway! The runway is switching textures from a dark color to concrete. Where grass was turns to concrete.

Right now I can only provide a link to the forum where I have photos posted on this issue to see if other are experiencing the same issue to help me out.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?229874-When-did-the-big-one-hit-Honoulu

When i get back home I will try to post the images here if it is necessary. Now this only occurs with the FSX version. In the FS9 Version the only things that are still problems is this black block-like log object (missing textures) near the taxiway. At one time the textures worked on it (I think it was rolled up grass). The same issue with the fire truck happens. But the landscape is ok the parking area did get corrected and the gates are working properly! I think I just need to readjust the AES gate service to align the jetway better to custom aircrafts.

Oddly enough the FS9 versions of the Hawaiian airports have less issues than the FSX version. But it is ok because you guys are on top of it and working out the kinks! So i have no worries at this time!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New update has created new problems!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:20:19 am »
Just reporting that the 1.05 update has corrected the issues with the jetways being on the ground to now being in their proper positions

There was no such problem in the previous version to begin with, and we haven't done anything related to jetways in the 1.0.5 or previous updates.

But it hasn't corrected issues with the Fire engine that drives along the taxiway with no wheels (then the wheels appearing when the truck comes close your user aircraft)

This was never a bug in the first place, but it's LOD optimization. However, it might be affected the the FSX tweak named

SmallPartRejectRadius=x  (with x being a number, default being 0)

If you applied this tweak, to save fps, small objects will disappear, and that's of course is not a problem of the scenery, since it's a global FSX tweak, that is able to make any object smaller than x pixel on screen to disappear. If you set it to a lower value, or to the default of 0, it should fix the missing wheels.

However, the vehicles DO have also LOD optimization so, after a certain distance the model will have disappearing parts anyway.

. Now I am getting flickering textures on the runway! The runway is switching textures from a dark color to concrete. Where grass was turns to concrete.

From your screenshots, especially the one with a large light-gray concrete area, it seems this is not a problem of the scenery either, but another AFCAD coming from another product in conflict, which is showing through.

I can't see any large gray patch of concrete here, and of course no flickering at all.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to check if you have duplicates AFCADs for PHNL, and remove them all.

Right now I can only provide a link to the forum where I have photos posted on this issue to see if other are experiencing the same issue to help me out.

Posting a problem with an FSDT on a forum other than this one, is not a very good idea, and it will surely not speed up a solution.

Next time, post here first.

SgtMav316

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:57:57 am »
The only PHNL installation on my computer is the FSDT Scenery Honolulu. This worked fine until after I installed Hawaiian airports Vol.1. That is when i started to notice my jetways on the ground and the runway textures flickering (shown in the shots). after I ran all the update patches for both Hawaiian Airports and Honolulu the problem got corrected by one of these patches even if it wan't programmed. Screenshots dont lie.

As far as I know in FSX I have no other applications installed for Honolulu. I dont have any ground texture packages or any other Honolulu scenery installations other than FSDT Honolulu. I will download this FSX scanner you mentioned for the benefit of the doubt. I dont even know if that is default texture showing swapping with the FSDT texture.

I have been a member of Flightsim.com for a couple of years now, so when ever I normally have problems I ask if anyone there (since we all purchase just about the same products) experienced the same issue that I am encountering. Sometimes guys have answers to resolving minor issues, as you can tell I am new on this site and I really not familliar with its interface other than posting text. All I can do is ask a question and wait for an reply. I was just simply using more resources to find a solution, nothing wrong with that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:38:51 am »
The only PHNL installation on my computer is the FSDT Scenery Honolulu. This worked fine until after I installed Hawaiian airports Vol.1.

Hawaii airport can't affect Honolulu. Jetways are in the AFCAD file, and they are entirely separate files.

That is when i started to notice my jetways on the ground and the runway textures flickering (shown in the shots). after I ran all the update patches for both Hawaiian Airports and Honolulu the problem got corrected by one of these patches even if it wan't programmed. Screenshots dont lie.

Screenshot don't lie but, I'm not obviously saying YOU didn't see this problem but, instead, the problem was caused by something else entirely, not related to our sceneries, but the installer fix it in some way. If the problem was the scenery, everyone would have noticed it by now.

A reason for this, might be if you re-arranged the order of the sceneries in the Scenery Library, and running the installer again fixed it, since it rearranges the sceneries in the correct order, which is our sceneries at the top.

I will download this FSX scanner you mentioned for the benefit of the doubt. I dont even know if that is default texture showing swapping with the FSDT texture.

Please do it before stating you don't have any other scenery for PHNL.

Traffic packages like MyTraffic, for example, installs alternate version of AFCADs for all major airports, and they DO create issues, since they are made only for the default scenery.

I have been a member of Flightsim.com for a couple of years now, so when ever I normally have problems I ask if anyone there (since we all purchase just about the same products) experienced the same issue that I am encountering.

I doubt you'll find more user of PHNL/Hawaii compared to the official support forum, here.

All I can do is ask a question and wait for an reply. I was just simply using more resources to find a solution, nothing wrong with that.

It's more than that, because you posted lots of screenshots showing a problem of the scenery you are having, that the scenery doesn't have so, people in that forum that doesn't know the scenery might be mislead into thinking the scenery is really like that, when it's not.

And, if we'll find the solution here, it's not sure it will be reported there as well, we can't post multiple solutions to the same user in multiple forums, which means users in that forum might also be mislead into thinking no solution was provided, that's why we would rather have people asking for help in the appropriate support forum.