Author Topic: double jetways, do they work?  (Read 14973 times)

aircanadajet

double jetways, do they work?
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:17:43 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if the double jetways work in this airport? as they do in Honolulu international? Does the Aerosoft version has anything to do with the airport? Because I tried JFK and the double/triple jetways (gate E6) do not work! Thanks Aircanada

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: double jetways, do they work?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »
Because I tried JFK and the double/triple jetways (gate E6) do not work!

The triple jetway at JFK doesn't work with the usual CTRL+J command, because it's fully custom, so it can be recalled using the YouControl menu, see the scenery manual for details.

aircanadajet

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:02:15 pm »
Thanks V! I will look. You didn't mention about the double jetways in Zurich, do they work as they do in Honolulu? Thanks!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 08:41:44 am »
I don't think there are double jetways at Zurich at all or in any of our sceneries.

The issue is: we use standard FSX jetways (except for the A380 gate at JFK), and standard FSX jetways can only recognize the main airplane door, and even if your airplane opens two doors using the standard open door command, it simply means it was modeled with two doors tagged as the main exit but what counts for jetways are the coordinates of the exit listed in the aircraft.cfg, and they can only refer to a single door so, no double jetways are possible using the standard FSX system.

aircanadajet

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:12:27 pm »
I don't think there are double jetways at Zurich at all or in any of our sceneries.

The issue is: we use standard FSX jetways (except for the A380 gate at JFK), and standard FSX jetways can only recognize the main airplane door, and even if your airplane opens two doors using the standard open door command, it simply means it was modeled with two doors tagged as the main exit but what counts for jetways are the coordinates of the exit listed in the aircraft.cfg, and they can only refer to a single door so, no double jetways are possible using the standard FSX system.

Are you sure Umberto??? I have been flying from KLAS to Honolulu and I park on gate 30, 29, etc and they all have double jet ways!!! Maybe I need to do a screen capture to show you. I never got them to work before in JFK, although never even though Honolulu will have them until I bought a few days ago. The AES is the latest version and I assumed they had something to do with the double jetways working. They work so beautifully wow, so realistic... And I did see them in Zurich by the way... I feel funny telling you that you are wrong:) aircanadajet.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 07:35:28 pm »
The AES is the latest version and I assumed they had something to do with the double jetways working. They work so beautifully wow, so realistic... And I did see them in Zurich by the way... I feel funny telling you that you are wrong

Which just confirms what I've said: FSX does NOT support double jetways. Our sceneries use the standard FSX method to animate jetways so, they don't have double jetways.

AES doesn't use the FSX standard method so, if you use AES and buy credits for our airports, there might be double jetways (I really not sure which ones and at which airports), since AES recognizes aircraft doors in a different way, but that doesn't obviously change what I've said, that our sceneries doesn't have double jetways, since FSX without AES can't support them.

Since you posted the question here, I assumed you were asking about our sceneries in the standard configuration. If you are asking what happens if you use AES and which airports/gates have double jetways with AES, it's really a question for Aerosoft.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:38:39 pm by virtuali »

aircanadajet

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 11:03:35 pm »
The AES is the latest version and I assumed they had something to do with the double jetways working. They work so beautifully wow, so realistic... And I did see them in Zurich by the way... I feel funny telling you that you are wrong

Which just confirms what I've said: FSX does NOT support double jetways. Our sceneries use the standard FSX method to animate jetways so, they don't have double jetways.

AES doesn't use the FSX standard method so, if you use AES and buy credits for our airports, there might be double jetways (I really not sure which ones and at which airports), since AES recognizes aircraft doors in a different way, but that doesn't obviously change what I've said, that our sceneries doesn't have double jetways, since FSX without AES can't support them.

Since you posted the question here, I assumed you were asking about our sceneries in the standard configuration. If you are asking what happens if you use AES and which airports/gates have double jetways with AES, it's really a question for Aerosoft.

Now I am confused. So are you saying that when you design your airports you do not design gates with two jetways?? AES adds the extra jetway to whatever airplane needs a double jetway? I am not very familiar how programing or designing an airport is all all about, I just simply asked if the double jetways work in Zurich, and based on your response Zurich does not have double yetways, but if I buy credits with AES it will have them right?... I downloaded the trial 1 min version of Zurich and I did see two jetways in there.... that is why I am getting confused :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:21 pm »
Now I am confused. So are you saying that when you design your airports you do not design gates with two jetways??

We HAVE several double jetways, for example at Zurich, but only one will MOVE to reach the airplane door, because FSX, with its jetway animation system, only handles a single moving jetway reaching for the main exit, and all our sceneries use the standard FSX jetway animation system, except the A380 gate at JFK.

AES adds the extra jetway to whatever airplane needs a double jetway?

No, AES might animate the extra jetway we modeled anyway that without AES is static. But, as I've said, we are not 100% familiar with details to what AES does on each on our airports so, if you want to be sure you'll have animated double jetways if you purchase AES credits for FSDT Zurich, better ask Aerosoft.