Author Topic: Jetways for FSX AI (like default)?  (Read 5891 times)

jordanal

Jetways for FSX AI (like default)?
« on: April 23, 2011, 09:51:45 pm »
I was wondering, one of the things that I loose by using AES, is the ability to have Jetways line up with AI.  Like many others, in my custom AI collection, I have the proper exit coordinates in the aircraft.cfg for each aircraft.  Will GSX be able to take advantage of these coordinates and move jetways for AI as well?  I wouldn't expect anythign too fancy, to help with FPS, but some movement like the default FSX jetways would be nice.
Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways for FSX AI (like default)?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:33:43 pm »
This was already explained in the GSX thread:

GSX will not handle jetways in any way.

FSX is capable of handling jetways on its own so, it doesn't make any sense for an FSX native product like GSX to handle jetways, since every FSX default airports support jetways, and every proper FSX airport (like all our own) should support FSX jetways too.

AES has animated jetways in FSX as a consequence of having to add them in FS9 which didn't had any, and it uses an FS9-styled method in FSX as well, which doesn't work with AI, even with those having proper exits.

If you use your AI collection with proper exits in a *proper* FSX scenery that supports native jetways, like all our airports, they'll work irregardless of GSX being present or not. If you have an airport that doesn't support FSX jetways, GSX will not do anything to fix this.