Author Topic: Update to 1.0.5. issue  (Read 7588 times)

Pooch

Update to 1.0.5. issue
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:12:10 pm »
Just downloaded and installed the update file (not the new installer).

When firing up FSX I now get a popup that says "You have an old version of Honolulu Scenery...."

I also noticed that there has been installed a second AFCAD ( AFX_PHNL.BGL ) with altitude 12.123ft whilst the old (version 1.0.4. = AP_PHNL.BGL ) is still active.

Ciao, Peter

w6kd

Re: Update to 1.0.5. issue
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:19:01 pm »
Same problem here.

edit:  I uninstalled, and re-installed a freshly-downloaded full version, same thing.

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V
Colorado Springs, CO
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:33:20 pm by w6kd »

JPL19

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:13 pm »
Same here as well.  Updated addon manager, did not fix.  Can go to PHNL and FSX has not closed or crashed so far though . . .

Joe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:17:37 am »
Try to Uninstall PHNL first, and REMOVE its folder under FSX\fsdremteam\PHNL (if it's still there) and install the full version.

Pooch

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 11:45:19 am »
Ciao Umberto,

as my monthly volume of my internet account is going to the end I cannot download now the full version, but as I see that Scott (w6kd) installed the full version he might want to try your suggestion and report ( uninstall and check that no leftover is there from the previous installation and than re-install ) and report.

I will download the full installer only the next month.

Ciao, Peter

JPL19

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 06:49:39 pm »
Try to Uninstall PHNL first, and REMOVE its folder under FSX\fsdremteam\PHNL (if it's still there) and install the full version.

Wasted time doing that (inc a system restart for good measure) - to no avail - same issue.

Joe

w6kd

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 07:19:49 pm »

Uninstalling/cleaning/reinstalling did not work here, either.

There were five files left over after the uninstall, I deleted the PHNL folder, reinstalled, and I continue to get the "You have an old version of Honolulu Scenery..." popup.  It warns that the scenery will deactivate when the area is entered, but it seems to still work anyway.

If I uninstall and reinstall V1.0 and the V1.03 update I do not get the error.

I noticed something else weird yesterday...the time elapsed and time remaining values on the setup/installer (while downloading/installing bglmanx.dll, bglmanx.dat, and couatl.exe) showed 7101 weeks, 3 days.  The reinstall I just did does not do that, but I saw it at least twice while trying to get things working yesterday.  The PC clock was OK...no other programs were/are having issues with date/time.

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
Colorado Springs, CO

w6kd

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 08:31:22 pm »
I ran Process Monitor against FSX, and the last file read before getting the popup is PHNL_fondo03.BGL.  The only other PHNL files accessed before the error are the AFX file and PHNL_Jetway.bgl

The last access of that PHNL_fondo03.bgl file looks like it might be encountering an unexpected EOF.

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
Colorado Springs, CO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 10:41:52 pm »
It's fixed now.

There was nothing wrong in the scenery, it was just the configuration file on the server that alerts you the scenery is outdated wasn't updated so, it worked in reverse and warned about having to update to people that updated, and not saying anything, to people with the old version...

Now it's fixed, you only need to reinstall the scenery, without downloading anything, so the new file will be correct, and now only people with the old version will get the warning, as it should be.

However, the double AFCAD shouldn't be there so, remove the AP_PHNL.BGL file if you have it. We are fixing the installer, but is not really recommended to download it again just to have that file removed. If you are installing from scratch, after having Uninstalled the previous version, there will be no duplicate files, of course.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:44:12 pm by virtuali »

JPL19

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 02:01:59 am »
Worked for me - thank you.

Joe

Pooch

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 10:16:34 am »
It does not work with the upgrade file as after installation there is no connection to the server.

I'll wait to download the full version - until then no problem as I just click the popup away, the scenery works normal.

Ciao, Peter