Author Topic: Q for GSX Backdoor  (Read 3081 times)

tnorton776

Q for GSX Backdoor
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:14:58 pm »
Will we be able to also see people boarding the plane through the jetway? Also, add a good looking 2d effect to the windows of the plane which make it look like people are boarding and taking their seats and walking thru the isle n stuff? It looks great and very promising but I notice for deboarding/boarding actions there are no people walking in and out of the plane or up and down the boarding stairs. It seems pointless to me to add this much control and realism, and just not go all the way. I wouldnt think it would be too hard to add people getting in and out of the planes, given that other aspects of GSX have fully animated and good looking people performing various tasks. The whole point of the 737 thru 747 and etc. is transportation and moving people from A to B, yet the human aspect is sorely missing from FSX and has been from day 1. GSX seems like it has the potential to take some drastic and important steps towards correcting this issue and I for one would enjoy seeing that done.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:22:49 pm by tnorton776 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Q for GSX Backdoor
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 11:50:11 pm »
We would clearly like to have visible passengers boarding and, there's nothing in the technology we use that prevents that.

However, we have some doubts about performances issues because, a human character can't be reduced too much in complexity, otherwise the skinned animations will not work very well so, having tents of humans moving together would surely impact performances quite a bit.

It's something we are looking into, though: we are well aware that visible passengers is one of the most wanted features.

tnorton776

Re: Q for GSX Backdoor
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 01:47:25 am »
However, we have some doubts about performances issues   :-\ (insert dissapointing wawh wawh wawhhh sound effect here for emphasis)...

Have no fear, My newly assembled 4Ghz OC Six Core i7 and 12 gig of G.Skill DDR3 1600 and dual GTX 500's Is here! My FSX setup has dropped its balls considerably over the past couple weeks...  I get 150 FPS at full settings in HD 1080p in FSX with REX, GEX, UTX, etc. lol Now all i need is to hook up a full motion simulator to my desk chair.... hmmm thos are pretty expenshive.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:00:31 am by tnorton776 »