Author Topic: FSX crashes after trying to install KDWF... help!  (Read 5242 times)

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
FSX crashes after trying to install KDWF... help!
« on: April 10, 2011, 06:39:27 am »
Hi there,

Tonight I installed the trial version of KDFW, installed ok, ran ok.  I noticed there were some ground spikes shooting up through the taxiway bridges causing the aircraft to crash (the spikes were right on the taxiline caused by the bridge pillars), and noticed and the aircraft would sink while crossing the bridge.  So I came here and saw that you had an update, KDWF 2.0.   So I downloaded the update and began to install.  Error messages began to show and the install seemed to fail.  Now whenever I start FSX I get the following error message:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program:

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version 2,7,0,32
Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s.
File: bglmanx.dll

Do you want to run the software (not recommended)?"

If I say YES, FSX will crash, never load up now.  If I choose NO it will load but I lose all my FSDreamteam scenery and all other scenery that use your Add On Manager. 

Not sure what to do so for now I will do nothing.  I will wait to hear what you suggest.

Thank you
Clutch
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX crashes after trying to install KDWF... help!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 04:05:22 pm »
Tonight I installed the trial version of KDFW, installed ok, ran ok.

I noticed there were some ground spikes shooting up through the taxiway bridges causing the aircraft to crash (the spikes were right on the taxiline caused by the bridge pillars), and noticed and the aircraft would sink

This because you haven't followed the scenery manual, page 15, "Design notes", that suggest the optimal setting for Mesh resolution. You need to put exactly those values, if you put too high settings, there might be spikes. Too low, there will be other visual problems.

So I came here and saw that you had an update, KDWF 2.0

As indicated on the message that announced the updated, if your scenery was already at 2.0, you don't need the update.

Since you installed the Trial today, your scenery was already the last version, and didn't neeed any update.

.   So I downloaded the update and began to install.  Error messages began to show and the install seemed to fail. 

Which messages, exactly ? If the installer fails, it's possible some files were corrupted. Which can probably cause errors.

Now whenever I start FSX I get the following error message:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program:

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version 2,7,0,32

This is an old version, the current version is 2.8.0.3. But, since the installer always download the current one from the internet, you shouldn't normally get the old version, unless something has gone wrong with the installation.

Not sure what to do so for now I will do nothing.  I will wait to hear what you suggest.

1) Uninstall the scenery, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?"

2) Reinstall the scenery using the full installer only. You don't need the update. The only one that need to download the update, are those with an older full installer, that want to download a smaller file.

But the Trial version is ALWAYS kept updated.

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 05:21:08 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply, Umberto.  I will follow your steps.  I tried looking for a version number of the trialware but could not find one.  Now I know, as you say, it will always be the latest version.  I will let you know how it turns out. 
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 07:46:14 pm »
I tried looking for a version number of the trialware but could not find one.

You can find the version of any installer in one of the following ways:

- Before running the installer, if you hover the mouse on the setup.exe file, you should see a tooltip showing the version.

- As soon as the installer starts, on the first page of the installer

- After having installed the scenery, if you go in the Windows Control Panel, under the "Add/Remove Programs" section, a list of all your installed programs will appear, and our sceneries will show the version number as well.

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:18:23 am »
I un-installed and re-installed as you suggested, and I must say it was so easy and flawless I am a little embarrassed that I asked for help  :-[ , ha!  And  thanks for the tip on how to locate version numbers.  Control Panel was very easy to see them all there.

For my system, the mesh bridge spikes go away if I set the mesh to 2m.  If I go higher they reappear, so now I know.  The bridge texture is still about a foot or so above the hardened platform as your wheels will get almost buried as you taxi across.  I take it that is how it was designed to prevent ground poly flickering?  If so, no issue just wanting to know.

Thx for all your great scenery and support - I'm sure I will be adding KDFW to my increasing list of FSDreamTeam airports.
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"