Author Topic: Crosswind AFCAD Updated!  (Read 19969 times)

theshack440

Re: Crosswind AFCAD Updated!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 10:51:11 pm »
hombrexp, I have one more question,

It seems that when 31L is in use for takeoff traffic is assigned to use taxiway Z as opposed to KK. Is there a way to change this in ADE?

Thanks (by the way, your strategy to get the DAL connection planes in their stands worked!)

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

hombrexp

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 06:12:33 am »
That is an odd situation, come to think of it, that was something I had thought would be more realistic because then the AI would use the entire runway for takeoff.   I had even tried to get my AI to cross 22R to go to Taxiway Z to queue for 31L, and I thought it was impossible!   I don't know why its happening on your system, but all my AI use KK.

I'm not sure if in real life traffic uses Z for the entire runway, or if they position at the extended landing threshold like I have it set on my afcad, but if it turns out the Z taxiway is really used in real ops, then I wouldn't worry about it.   Does anyone know for certain where takeoffs start on 31L?   

theshack440

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 07:27:23 pm »
As far as I know, it just depends on the runway/weather conditions. I have listened to liveatc.net and heard them using 31L at KK and other times at Z.

So you are saying that you tried to get them to go to Z but on your game they aren't? If so that is weird that it works on mine. Do you know how to change it to KK in ADE?

Thank you,

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

donaldd

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 12:52:41 am »
hombrexp (or anyone else that can do this),

If there a possible way you can make the new Bay Runway (13R/31L)?

theshack440

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »
hombrexp (or anyone else that can do this),

If there a possible way you can make the new Bay Runway (13R/31L)?

Do you mean to remake it so it's 200 ft wide, 14511 ft long, and concrete? Because if so, one would have to make their own ground textures using various programs (I think) and more... basically I'm pretty sure it would take a while and would be quite difficult to get it up to fsdt standards. But maybe someone can do it who knows.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

donaldd

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 01:15:00 am »

Do you mean to remake it so it's 200 ft wide, 14511 ft long, and concrete? Because if so, one would have to make their own ground textures using various programs (I think) and more... basically I'm pretty sure it would take a while and would be quite difficult to get it up to fsdt standards. But maybe someone can do it who knows.

Regards

That is true. Never mind then. Something I would LOVE someone to do is to make a new AFCAD for where traffic is placed for Cloud9's Orlando. For me at least, every airline is every where and not at there assigned terminal.

theshack440

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 05:42:27 pm »
Also, hombrexp, one last question. Did you change the approach for 13L/R? Everyone seems to be doing the ILS whereas it used to be the ILS but executed like the VOR/visual. Sorry to bother you again.

Thanks.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

hombrexp

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 12:50:38 am »
Also, hombrexp, one last question. Did you change the approach for 13L/R? Everyone seems to be doing the ILS whereas it used to be the ILS but executed like the VOR/visual. Sorry to bother you again.

Thanks.

I didn't make any change to the approach for 13L/R, as long as you have the appr_KJFK file in your jfk folder the Visual approaches to 13l/r ought to work.   I will have to see if I get the same behavior you are experiencing with my AFCAD on my system first to confirm.   I did "flip" runway 4/22 to read 22 as the base/4 as the reciprocal runways (in order to give the 22's preference over the 4's in FSX's usage logic) for the 31/22 AFCAD, but I left the 13/31's as default.

X_Man

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 11:54:50 pm »
I have been using this website to determin which file to activate

CheckWX.com (Free Aviation Weather)

diceflo

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2018, 07:53:10 am »
Thank you for your afcad but I am having trouble with it. I have delta's parking inside the buildings. I don't have any other afcad in the scenery folder. Your old afcad works fine so that's the one I am using. I would prefer to use your new and improved one but it doesn't seem to work with my setup. Maybe I am doing something wrong so I would appreciate any advice. Thanks