Author Topic: Trial Time Out Effects  (Read 3638 times)

tetchan

Trial Time Out Effects
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:00:09 am »
I am trying Honolulu FSX and see that the buildings disappear after about 4-6 minutes.  I want to make sure that this is the effect of the timeout and not due to a software problem.  What shoud I see on time out?   I see "Addon Manager" and "Couati-powered products" under the "Add-ons" menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trial Time Out Effects
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:14:07 pm »
If your scenery is not purchased, buildings will disappear after about 5 minutes, that's exactly how the Trial works. You should also see a message in red at the top of the scenery stating the Trial has ended, but it might not appear 100% syncronized with the actual buildings disappearance, it might shows a short while after that.

If you are having problems running the software, buildings will not disappear after 5 minutes, they will just not appear from the start, but this will also mean there will be no "Addon Manager" and no "Couatl powered products" menus under the Addons menu, because if the software is not running, its menus will not appear.

SgtMav316

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:15:51 pm »
I guess I should have read other threads before posting. I have installed PHNL and KJFK! They both entered as trial mode and I activated both sceneries using the addon tool. The Addon tool reported both sceneries as active and shows them as active in the tool bar. But both sceneries still disappear after a few minutes as if the area is still in trial mode.

SgtMav316

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:10:12 am »
I am talking about the addon manager, I think there is something wrong with the program. It indicates both sceneries are activated, but yet in the game building disappear after a few minutes! I never encountered this issue in FS9.1, how come it is presenting an issue in FSX. These are my system specs

AMDII quad core 3.0ghz, 1 GB nvidia GT430, 8GB DDR3 memory and windows 7-64bit

This is an install in FSX SP2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:30:08 pm »
I am talking about the addon manager, I think there is something wrong with the program. It indicates both sceneries are activated, but yet in the game building disappear after a few minutes!

There's nothing wrong with the Addon Manager. If there was, you wouldn't see its menu. However, after the first purchase, you might have to restart FSX at least once.

SgtMav316

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:18:10 am »
All is good ;D! the sceneries buildings are showing! :D Guess thats a quirk ;)