Author Topic: DEFECTIVE AFCAD  (Read 5821 times)

JoseAlbanez

DEFECTIVE AFCAD
« on: April 01, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
Thank you so much for the wonderful Honolulu scenery. I can tell you how much joy it brings me to to fly this airport. I however need your help with the AFCAD. I have followed all possible scenarios suggested on other threads regarding compatibillity with Megacity Hawaii finally giving up and removing the  scenery thinking it was the culprit behind the reapperance of the deafault airport in your scenery.
I finally i came to the conclusion that this is not the case and that the BGL AF9 PHNL.BGL contains exclude codes and any attempt to modify it would bring back the default into your buildings.
As such I would like kindly ask for your help in modifying the afcad and bringing the hold short point coming from hickam closer to the runway so that traffic moves into the runway for take off.
I tried to do this on ADE but was unable to do so without bringing the default scenery again and i am tired of trying. SInce the original afcad contains the defective file is only fair to conclude that you would stand behind your product and correct this oversight.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DEFECTIVE AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:09 pm »
There's no "defective" AFCAD at all and the default scenery doesn't come through.

What you think is default scenery, is instead another AFCAD (not the default one) which contains default buildings, but with different parking positions, and it's probably coming either with another scenery, or with a Traffic package like MyTraffic.

Our AFCAD exclude properly default objects, but only of the original MS default AFCAD for the airport. If you have a different one, you have to remove it.

Use the free ScanAFD program in FS9 to find AFCAD duplicates for PHNL, and remove them.

Of course, the same is valid if you don't have AFCAD duplicates, but the default AFCAD for PHNL has been modified (objects moved, for example).

JoseAlbanez

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:43:56 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions; I have searched FS usind scan afd and i even went to the extreme of removing the AP file thinking it may have been corrupted; the currious thing is that this only happens when i modify your af9_phnl.bgl.

any other ideas i may try?

Jose

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:51:26 pm »
the currious thing is that this only happens when i modify your af9_phnl.bgl.

I'm sorry, but since the un-modified AFCAD that comes with PHNL as we supply it works, it can only be a problem of your procedure. Are you *sure* you are modifying the file, and not keeping another copy meaning, you created a duplicate file yourself ?

JoseAlbanez

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 06:09:55 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your note.

I have followed your instructions and not kept a duplicate of the file anywhere instead overwrote the existing file and kept the same name as it comes in the package.
In regards to the original afcad I would agree to say that the afcad that comes with the scenery partially works with the exception of the holding point for traffic coming from hickam base to 8L for take off.
If you could provide me with a new afcad file with the holding point moved closer to the runway so the traffic coming from Hickam can take off and not stay there forever, it would be of great help.
Please let me know if you could do this as i am technically challenged and frustrated at this point

thanks