Author Topic: fs9 quits on startup - bglman.dll error?  (Read 3655 times)

MikeEDDK

• World of AI
fs9 quits on startup - bglman.dll error?
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:13:02 am »
Umberto,

Back again with another issue. You know that I had difficulties running FSX due to the couatl.exe problem. That is fixed now as described in the other thread.

Now the new problem, this time with FS9

After I have setup the whole system I ran FS9 without any problems. I than reactivated all cloud9 and FSDT sceneries. That was on 26. March 2011 and everything worked fine.

Yesterday I started FS9 and discovered that it took a long time to rebuild and index the scenery library (what I think is normal after reactivating the C9/FSDT sceneries). After indexing was finished FS9 didn´t start. Error message appeared “MSFS encountered a problem and had to be closed”

I have to admit that I use the NoCD patch. Just for comfort reasons, I have a legal and activated copy of FS9. The NoCD never made any problems.

To have the NoCD excluded from my error search I started FS9 from CD and an error appeared that bglman.dll has to be deactivated to run FS. I answered “Yes” and FS9 started without any problem but of course without C9/FSDT sceneries.

Is there a workaround to fix this? Your help is – again – much appreciated.

Mike
Kind Regards and Happy Landings!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: fs9 quits on startup - bglman.dll error?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:38:21 am »
If you installed the noCD patch *after* installing all Cloud9/FSDT sceneries, you need reinstall again the Addon Manager, using the Stand-Alone Installer available here, because it will detect which FS9.EXE you have (CD or noCD), and install the correct version.

The same is valid (reinstalling the Stand-Alone Addon Manager) if you used an old Cloud9 installer *after* any FSDT installer, because the old Cloud9 installer came with old version of both bglman.dll and the Esellerate libraries, which don't work on Vista/Windows7, since they were released before these OS.

Basically, when in trouble, installing the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager usually fixes any issues.

MikeEDDK

• World of AI
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:00:38 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Basically if I understand correctly I have to do the following:

1) Keep FS9 as it is now with NoCD-Patch
2) Re-Installation of Stand-Alone Addon Manager
3) Run FS9 and re-activate sceneries again

Will try this tonite as I´m at work right now and will report back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:13:13 am »
3) Run FS9 and re-activate sceneries again

This is not necessary, reactivation is not needed, regardless of how many reinstall/uninstall of the sceneries or the program you do, as long as you don't change hardware or reinstall Windows from scratch, the activation is never lost.

MikeEDDK

• World of AI
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:14 pm »
Umberto,

installing the latest Addon Manager fixed the problem. Everything back how it should be.

Again many thanks for your help!