Author Topic: Not Pointing Fingers, Just Need Help g3d.dll crash  (Read 20591 times)

lot734

Re: Not Pointing Fingers, Just Need Help g3d.dll crash
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 04:59:59 am »
I'm sorry for bringing this old thread up but maybe I can help some of you.
I had the same problem and I found that g3d.dll CTD is caused by two afcads.
I own Megascenery Hawaii, FSDT PHNL and Aerosoft Dillingham. At the beginning I didn't realize that I have two afcads for PHNL and PHDH.
Megascenery Hawaii has an afcad file for the default Honolulu and Dillingham.
After I deleted these two Megascenery afcads g3d.dll CTD problem is fixed. From now on I will always check for double afcads.

Best regards,
Kris

aarnjer

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 12:42:51 am »
There is various errors what can cause the g3d.dll error message

heres a few
1.missing texture mostly if not update to current UT2.
2.too much textureload not the size like autogen, bufferpools, etc (brobaly not tweaked fsx.cfg) -> bojote will do that
3.dublicate afcads.
4.too much fregmented hard-drive. and fsx and all the files not marked as high perf also add folderpath  user/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx  (disktrix will do it)

I'm not sure about this but i think also they have something to do whit g3d.dll
5.uiautomationcore.dll and simconnet.dll

btw.this topic sholuld be pinned

pcubine

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 08:07:28 am »
Umberto

Guess what. A g3d.dll error at PHNL. I installed PHNL maybe four or five months ago and did many flights between PHNL-PHNL, PANC-PHNL and PHNL-YSSB with no problems. Then about two months ago the g3l.dll errors started with the PMDG MD-11. I can start the flight at PHNL or end it at PHNL. It makes no difference. I still get g3d.dll errors. Two tonight. The first when the MD-11 was initializing, it stopped at 0 seconds left and I got a CTD. The second occured after starting to taxi to 8R from the cargo area. The faulting module was g3d.dll. The closest scenery is PANC,KLAX and VHHH. I have no UT2. Any ideas on what to try?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 11:20:12 am »
Guess what. A g3d.dll error at PHNL. I installed PHNL maybe four or five months ago and did many flights between PHNL-PHNL, PANC-PHNL and PHNL-YSSB with no problems. Then about two months ago the g3l.dll errors started with the PMDG MD-11.

That should be plenty enough proof it can't be a PHNL problem, since the scenery surely hasn't changed itself so, it's not PHNL, but something else you have only in that area, either a problem with terrain, or an AI that goes only there (so you are mislead thinking the problem might be the airport)

In any case, the g3d.dll problem it's the most common FSX crash, and it's possible you might fix it by installing the latest FSUIPC, which has a feature that prevents g3d.dll crashes.

pcubine

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »
Umberto

I have the lastest complete install of FSUIPC as of September 7, 2012. So FSUIPC is not going to solve anything. I believe the first update which attempted to solve most of the g3d.dll errors was dated in January 2012. I installed that update then which did eliminate the g3d.dll errors I was having prior to that update.

I went back and tried to determine a timeline of what was going on at the end of July and the beginning of August 2012.
    7-24-12  Installed PHNL.
    7-26-12  Last succesfull flight from YSSY to PHNL.
    8-5-12    g3d.dll error appears for first time.
Between 7-26-12 and 8-5-12 the following was installed.
    AS2012 SP1
    SetUp_AddOnManager
    FSUIPC4843.zip which contained FSUIPC4.dll

Could the AI that you mentioned that goes only there be a FSX default plane. If so, I will reduce all the planes to 0%.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 02:22:53 pm »
Not a single file in the whole PHNL folder has been updated since May 2012 so, if you installed it in July and were able to complete a flight successfully back then, but not now, it's fairly safe to assume PHNL is not the problem.

About FSUIPC, the most current version is 4.853, not 4.843

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

and it seems to be coming in a .ZIP file named FSUIPC4, not FSUIPC4843.zip

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4.zip

pcubine

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 03:36:21 pm »
Umberto

What about the AI plane you mentioned? I have no AI planes except for FSX default AI. If you believe that might help, I will set commercial and GA to % in the FSX Settings.

Thanks
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 03:42:05 pm »
What about the AI plane you mentioned? I have no AI planes except for FSX default AI. If you believe that might help, I will set commercial and GA to % in the FSX Settings.

It's unusual for default AI to have a problem, but testing it without AI doesn't cost anything. And of course, you should test disabling any other addon to, you mentioned AS2012, turn off that one too as a test.

Another possible cause, which might be difficult to find, it's a corrupted default texture, but since there are thousands of them, it might be easier just reinstalling FSX than trying to find it.

pcubine

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 05:04:29 pm »
Umberto

I will try the AI and AS2012 and let you know what happens. Reinstall FSX. I would quit simming before I would do that.

Thanks
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 06:29:22 pm »
Reinstall FSX. I would quit simming before I would do that.

You could simply REPAIR your FSX or the SP2 (or Acceleration) installation, that doesn't require reinstalling anything else.

pcubine

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:18 am »
Umberto

Here is what I did and it seemed to work this time. Set commercial, GA, and airport vehicles to 0% density. Installed FSUIPC update 4858. This is just the the .dll file. Unzipp it, copy and paste to Modules in FSX. This update can only be used if the Full Installer FSUIPC 4.853 was run which I had done at the beginning of September 2012. Ran AS2012 for weather. Will be several days before return trip. If anything untoward happens I will let you know.

I had never considered the repair option. However, PHNL is the only airport or scenery where g3d.dll occurs and I only use it about once a month so I think I will just makes the changes to the density in aircraft to 0%.

The update page for FSUIPC is http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/.

Thamk you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 07:45:55 am »
Here is what I did and it seemed to work this time. Set commercial, GA, and airport vehicles to 0% density.

Ok, thats finally confirms it was never a scenery problem but, one of your AI or default ground vehicles has a problem, like a corrupted texture. If you read all the previous posts in this thread, other users fixed it by turning off GA traffic only.