Author Topic: Turning things off?  (Read 4766 times)

meshman

Turning things off?
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »
I was corresponding with another developer about some things and the subject turned to the island of Kaua'i and Lihue airport. I went into FSX and turned off the scenery layer for HA1-Lihue and started the sim only to be greeted with all the FSDT scenery objects still showing. So how exactly do I completely inactivate FSDT scenery besides turning off scenery layers? I understand the objects are being placed by the external portion of the package.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Turning things off?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:05 pm »
You should uninstall the scenery, since not everything is made with .bgl files from the Scenery Library.

Note that uninstall/reinstall can be done an unlimited number of times, without affecting the activation, which is stored in the Windows registry and will not be removed, as long you don't change hardware or reinstall Windows.

meshman

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:12:37 pm »
OK, that's an (not preferred) option. But would I get a completely inactive status by disabling either or both references to BGLmanx.dll or Couatl.exe in the appropriate XML files? Or... I could remove the Trusted entries in the FSX.cfg file and just say NO for that particular session?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 02:05:32 am »
But would I get a completely inactive status by disabling either or both references to BGLmanx.dll or Couatl.exe in the appropriate XML files?

Yes, you can do that (in addition of turning it off in the Scenery Library) and will make the scenery entirely inactive.

However, keep in mind anything else from FSDT or other developers using the Addon Manager (QW, Flightbeam) will also stop working so, maybe, it's just easier to uninstall the scenery with its uninstaller, which will automatically care of removing everything related to that scenery, but only that.

meshman

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 02:56:54 am »
I just have the Hawa'i work from FSDT, so no concerns about third-party problems, or postings at Avsim... ;)

Since I design in many different parts of the U.S. I have numerous Scenery.cfg files and a few FSX.cfg files setup to be called by batch files. So a little tinkering with the XML shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for your help. I know it's been a L-O-N-G day for you.