Author Topic: Buildings and Ground Textures Rotated in the air  (Read 8217 times)

AirlinePilotStuart

Buildings and Ground Textures Rotated in the air
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:50:08 pm »
Happens when I switch aircraft at the airport.
(Adding Pictures)

AirlinePilotStuart

Re: Buildings and Ground Textures Rotated in the air
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:57:18 pm »
Sorry for the double post, this is the only way I could post the pictures.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:59:38 pm by AirlinePilotStuart »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 02:10:45 pm »
That's very strange, but it looks like it might be a video driver problem. Have you tried updating your video drivers, or reverting them to a default setting ?

Another thing you can try, is to remove your fsx.cfg, so a new one will be created with default settings. There might be graphic tweaks that can affect video drivers.

AirlinePilotStuart

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:57:29 am »
That's very strange, but it looks like it might be a video driver problem. Have you tried updating your video drivers, or reverting them to a default setting ?

Another thing you can try, is to remove your fsx.cfg, so a new one will be created with default settings. There might be graphic tweaks that can affect video drivers.
(1) Yes, I did update my video drivers whenever there is an update released.
(2) Er... Since my problem with my PMDG 747 and that... I decided that I don't want to mess with that file anymore..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:26:05 am »
(2) Er... Since my problem with my PMDG 747 and that... I decided that I don't want to mess with that file anymore..

If you copy your fsx.cfg from its location in %appdata%\microsoft\fsx to a safe place (for example on your Desktop) before removing it, you can test with a clean default one, and be able to restore the copy if needed.

AirlinePilotStuart

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 02:51:16 pm »

If you copy your fsx.cfg from its location in %appdata%\microsoft\fsx to a safe place (for example on your Desktop) before removing it, you can test with a clean default one, and be able to restore the copy if needed.
That fixed it, thanks!  ;D

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 05:17:24 am »
In all my years of flight-simming, thats the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life!  :P :P :P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 01:38:20 pm »
In all my years of flight-simming, thats the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life!  :P :P :P

That's quite normal instead, which is of course why I was able to suggest the correct fix immediately.

The problem was surely caused by using an undocumented tweak, which is undocumented for a reason, since it probably have side effects that affects video-driver related things.

Removing the FSX.CFG forced FSX to rebuild a new one from scratch with all default settings, and get rid of all the unofficial tweaks. Some of them might be useful, but they should be tested on each system.

Hnla

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 04:34:37 pm »
cool