Author Topic: Couatl error message on FSX startup  (Read 12365 times)

kityatyi

Re: Couatl error message on FSX startup
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02:58 pm »
And I have to add, I have no buildings at all at KSFO, only jetways, due this...

EasyE

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »
Look under the topic GSX support/FSX. Just found it and Umberto has said that the new installer which is now online will resolve the issue. Haven't tried it yet, heading for work but will give a try later. Seems to be an issue alot of people are having. Best of luck.

kityatyi

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »
Thanks, I check it out right now!

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »
I started FSX last night a got a message saying there was an update to the FSDT Addon Manager.  After downloading and installing the Addon Manager, and then starting FSX, I now get the popup message that is shown at the beginning of the thread.  No other downloads or installations have been done on my PC.  Why would updating the Addon Manager cause this?
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 03:19:43 pm »
Its not a virus because others are experiencing the same issue only their post has been removed since last night. Whats the deal? I hope someone is going to take this problem seriously and figure out what is going on. Not just remove posts because they dont like what is being said about their product

Wrong, NO POSTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED, and just suggesting this is really annoying.

There were *two* threads opened by two different people  in two different sections, but one (THIS one) didn't had anything to do with the problem, even if the message was similar, it was an 1-YEAR old topic which affected only 1 user and was solved without us having to do anything, it was a problem specific of that user.

But since someone started replying into this topic, it was obviously very confusing for anyone to follow, so all the new posts have been MERGED in the new topic under the GSX Support section, and of course (that's how merging works) the topic title of some threads changed and the URL of the old thread is not valid anymore, since the all posts are now under the same title/url, but NO POSTS have been removed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:41:45 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:44 pm »
I didn't know that posts are being removed.

The obviously haven't, see my previous explanation in reply to the one that suggested this.

I bought KSFO yesterday, installed and when first ran it, I immediately encountered the error message.

If you bought it yesterday, then yes, you might have seen it.

What I noticed, however, is that the previous user posting above us, was continuously blamed that he had a virus, despite he clearly stated he didn't have a virus. Also, he said he reinstalled the stuff and then it worked, and then he was told that the reinstall "killed" the virus...

There's a big confusion here: THIS specific topic we are in now, doesn't have ANYTHING TO DO with the problem we had yesterday!

Look at the posting date for the user that you are referring to: it's MARCH 2011!!! THAT problem WAS caused by the antivirus, and if DID affect ONLY 1 USER, MikeEDDK, and when he reinstalled, everything was back to normal.

The issue is, you have replied with your first message to this thread, reliving a 1-year old topic that affected just 1 user, because you might have been misled by the error message which is similar, but didn't had anything to do with this issue, the discussion was in the GSX Support area, and all the posts that attached to this old topic were merged in the correct one, this discussion is entirely unrelated to the problem.

Which, btw, has been solved since several hours already.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:38:05 pm by virtuali »

jade east

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 05:45:48 pm »
I got the same message on my pc when i started FSX. After i reinstaled the whole FSX and all of my 3rd party (5) FSDream Team airports and the the new addons. I also have did everything that was said on the discussion here..... but it still comes up!! I have aircraft at the airports but no buildings.  NEED HELP SOON PLEASE!!!!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »
As I've said already, this topic is 1 YEAR OLD, please STOP posting here! The correct topic is in the GSX suppor section, and I can only confirm what I've already wrote there:

The problem is fixed since 8:36 AM, CET time, the only possible reason it doesn't go away if you installed after that time, is that something is preventing the installer to get the updated file, like an antivirus blocking the download for example, so you are stuck with the wrong version.

So, check again your antivirus and be sure it's not mistakenly blocking the updated file we have online now which is confirmed to be OK.

jade east

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 07:32:58 pm »
Sooooo sorry about the post!!!!