Author Topic: Time it takes to....  (Read 12619 times)

777captain

Time it takes to....
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »
Hey virtuali,

I was wondering with GSX, about how long do you expect the vehicles (Catering/Bags/etc.) to do what they have to do and then leave? Is there a time in the setting menu or?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Time it takes to....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:08:56 pm »
I'm guessing between 5 and 10 minutes from the time you call the service, similar to AES.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:32:39 pm »
We'll probably do it configurable, although I think a time from 5 to 10 minutes is too long.

Silverbird

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 11:00:31 pm »
We'll probably do it configurable, although I think a time from 5 to 10 minutes is too long.

That"s a good idea Umberto I have to agree 5-10 minutes is too long.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »
Why is between five and ten minutes too long to service your aircraft, it would be at least that long in the real world.  I presume you can call multiple services at one time, and they'll be gone by the time you finish your check lists and program the FMS.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 04:21:12 pm »
Why is between five and ten minutes too long to service your aircraft, it would be at least that long in the real world.  I presume you can call multiple services at one time, and they'll be gone by the time you finish your check lists and program the FMS.

Well thats true it does take a bit to get the check lists and program the fms so a configurable option would be better its been awhile since I serviced a real aircraft.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 04:21:32 pm »
Why is between five and ten minutes too long to service your aircraft, it would be at least that long in the real world. 

For the same reason that, if the airplane contains 200 passengers, you will not see 200 or more bags being unloaded, and will not see 200 passengers unboarding, or like the refueling in FSX happening in an instant, and lot more. Some things need to be shortened in a PC sim, it doesn't make any sense to prepare for 100% realistic times, if most of users will jump or skip ahead anyway.

Silverbird

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »
Why is between five and ten minutes too long to service your aircraft, it would be at least that long in the real world. 

For the same reason that, if the airplane contains 200 passengers, you will not see 200 or more bags being unloaded, and will not see 200 passengers unboarding, or like the refueling in FSX happening in an instant, and lot more. Some things need to be shortened in a PC sim, it doesn't make any sense to prepare for 100% realistic times, if most of users will jump or skip ahead anyway.

Yes thats a good point Umberto most of the times in games time is diffent then in real time. something that would take hours would only take mins.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

cowings1588

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 06:34:15 am »
I was just curious if we would be seeing any new preview videos before GSX's release ??
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 10:14:11 am »
I was just curious if we would be seeing any new preview videos before GSX's release ??

There will be many.

theshack440

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 05:22:25 pm »
There will be many.

Great news! Looking forward to the next one!

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

cowings1588

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 08:13:19 am »

There will be many.

Ok, Just wondering.. Thanks
COA
Bill