Author Topic: Is This Simular?  (Read 18196 times)

wb2002

Is This Simular?
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:17:39 am »
If I am not mistaken, I think this is a simular product already out here: http://secure.simmarket.com/dirk-stuck-design-ground-x-traffic-usa-extreme-stand-alone.phtml.

I have had FSX since it first came out and with all the A/C's, sceneries and addons now available, my FSX now is no comparison to the FSX I installed originally. Thanks to Fsdt and all the other contributors to this hobby, both payware and freeware.

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
2x150GB SATA WD Raptor-No Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16-No Raid
2x SATA DRW-24B1ST/EVGA GTX285 2Gigs/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU
3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case Fans
Danger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controller
FSX + ACC @ 1920/1080 |UTX/GEX/FEX/REX/MTX/ASE/UT2/ESDG CX20X/PMDG747+EXT8/CS-767/CLS MD81-82/SkySIM D-C9/ESCX20X/RC-4/FSG/DBS-WAF/FollowMe/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:19:43 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

JamesChams

Re: Is This Simular?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:09:03 am »
If I am not mistaken, I think this is a simular product already out here: http://secure.simmarket.com/dirk-stuck-design-ground-x-traffic-usa-extreme-stand-alone.phtml....
Yes and No!  ...
... I spoke directly with Mr. Stuck about his product(s) not too long ago.  And, he plans on making it to be like GSX and AES in many ways in the near future.  However, right now his products ONLY replace default FSX vehicles (which BTW his products are excellent! ;D 8) ) and do what default FSX allows as far as functions permit.  His models do have drivers, etc. and animations that are "out of this world" (pardon the pun :D) but his are NOT exactly similar in function to FSDT's or either of the other "current" alternatives.  

In time, however, many things will merge making them have many similar things.  If you were going to choose between, then I wouldn't rule either out at the moment.  Mr. Stuck product line will replace the entire FSX default vehicle sets with 3D high res models which drive on roads as AI and are also driveable ("Flyable") by FSX Users.  
FSDT GSX seems to be more of an AES alternative with a lot of ease of use in setting things up with, higher-res models, and other realistic features that nobody except maybe FTX/Orbx are currently doing.  

So, in 2011 we will see at least 4 companies/developers competing for users with these type(s) of enhanced services/AI vehicles product lines.  Which, IMHO, is going to mean that people have choices; the products will have to be top notch and cutting edge, and require companies/developers to offer features that are not only user friendly but also possibly never considered or previously though possible with FSX.  Furthermore, since MS Flight is currently considered "CLOSED" to non-NDA members, it means that FSX is going to come into its own in ways unheard of.  So, my FSX Dreams are definitly all still coming together. ;D

Hope this helps/answers your inquiry in some way and I'll leave more on GSX announcements/info to be done by FSDT. ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:13:27 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 01:02:02 pm »
If I am not mistaken, I think this is a simular product already out here

This doesn't look much like GSX but, rather to our planned GSX expansions sets, which are collection of vehicles/models localized to specific areas, only difference this product replaces FSX default models (that still will act like the default models), our expansion packs will add to the initial library of GSX vehicles.

We know users look for visual things first and graphic/modeling first so, it might be easy to mistakenly think all those products (GSX, AES, Orbx, this one)  might look similar, but there are lots of differences.

Replacing models is "easy". Doing good graphic and animations it's more or less "easy", what's really complex is the programming that is behind it. Some developers have concentrated on the actual modeling/animations, because this is what looks good on screenshots/videos, but what makes a product fun and *used*, is what it DOES.

Having GSX working on all airports with its own logic it's what makes it entirely different than any other solution out there.  What might seem like a small detail, like having animations of humans in the baggage loaders or catering ADAPTING to different doors heights, requires quite a bit of extra programming work, as it does working with at any parking.

That's why, even if we came up with the GSX concept about 2 YEARS ago (Oliver Pabts himself confirmed it on the Aerosoft forum, that he knows about GSX since then), we decided to do it right and, in order to not ending up limited at a certain point, a big preparation work was made first, like improving our script engine, writing a 3d sound engine, adding all sort of abilities of reading of afcads data, path-finding, FSM (Finite State Machines) patterns and all the accessory things that put together allows a product like this to work at all airports.

As I've said in a previous message, if we were satisfied we just decorating our airports with static animations (I know that "static animations" seems an oxymoron, but it's an animation that works only for a specific place), we might showed a video of humans around an airplane about 2 years ago, when we made our first tests to check what's possible with FSX. But since we firmly believe that what makes a product of this kind successful, is its usability and what it DOES, not really how it looks, we spent most of our time in the foundation work, it's only very recently (just a couple of *weeks*) that we started doing the actual models/animations so, what you are seeing here it's not final at all, and one can look at the KLAX shots, and have an idea what we can do, graphic-wise...

So, good graphic it's a given, but we believe what we offer first and foremostly, it's an a product that does lots more than what FSX normally allows, it's not just a graphic replacement for a default FSX function, and it's not just a graphic decoration, which gets old very quickly, when the novelty effect has worn out.

wb2002

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 03:32:53 am »
Thanks guys for the information. I never thought FSX possessed the capabilities that are made available in addons such as these. I already purchased a couple of these and now will be able to subjectively compare the  features/operations. It is strange however that only after being made aware of Fsdt GSX that I got advertisement concerning the other product I mentioned. After reading the information you have provided, I am much more eager to purchase GSX. I am getting old now and I hope I will survive long enough to see what all can be done with it. With most major airports, I have a tower view setup as a situation and spend many hours just watching airport environment and activities. This program is so much anticipated and I don't mind sacrificing FPS for more realistic airport actions.

Please hurry.....

2x150GB SATA WD Raptor-No Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16-No Raid
2x SATA DRW-24B1ST/EVGA GTX285 2Gigs/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU
3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case Fans
Danger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controller
FSX + ACC @ 1920/1080 |UTX/GEX/FEX/REX/MTX/ASE/UT2/ESDG CX20X/PMDG747+EXT8/CS-767/CLS MD81-82/SkySIM D-
C9/ESCX20X/RC-4/FSG/DBS-WAF/FollowMe/Grnd X Traffic/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:35:47 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:48:54 pm »
...it means that FSX is going to come into its own in ways unheard of.  So, my FSX Dreams are definitly all still coming together. ;D

I think that is going to happen regardless of MS Flight being considered closed.  John Venema of Orbx believes that FSX hasn't yet reached it's prime, and they plan good things for '11.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

skimmer

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 08:20:44 pm »
Is GSX going to have cargo,(UPS,Cargolux,DHL and Fedx) trucks and uniformed people?

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »
Is GSX going to have cargo,(UPS,Cargolux,DHL and Fedx) trucks and uniformed people?
That would "up" the level of realism for GSX :) It could be possible. ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »
I would expect to see paint schemes for UPS etc on the service vehicles, uniforms on people might be a stretch.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cowings1588

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 08:11:16 am »
I'm looking forward to GSX from FSDT reguardless.. I'm going with GSX before any of the others.. It'll be great to actually have ramp agents at every gate & not just certain gates like they are now..  :)  Can hardly wait for GSX to come out..

Ohh one thing.. Virtuali about Hard stand parking with the Regional Jets.. Most regional jets have there own stairs that come down but when parking at a hard stand type gate, I think you said that the ramp agents will be there to marshall us into those gates as well right ??  also will there be a way to summon the bus to still come pick up our passangers if were away from the terminal & drive them to the terminal & then bring our out going passangers to the plane when we call for boarding time ??

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:18:54 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

#1-Stunna

• Virtual Air Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 01:34:36 am »
If I am not mistaken, I think this is a simular product already out here: http://secure.simmarket.com/dirk-stuck-design-ground-x-traffic-usa-extreme-stand-alone.phtml.

Dude! The word is SIMILAR, SIMILAR!!!, not Simular!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 01:53:06 am »

How about you give him a break DUDE, you know what he meant.

Besides, if you read this thread you will see that he is apparently very old and hopes that he will survive long enough to see what all can be done with it. Maybe he cant see the screen very well when he typed it?

Dont be a jerk, especially to elderly people!!!!

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 11:08:24 pm »

How about you give him a break DUDE, you know what he meant.

Besides, if you read this thread you will see that he is apparently very old and hopes that he will survive long enough to see what all can be done with it. Maybe he cant see the screen very well when he typed it?

Dont be a jerk, especially to elderly people!!!!

I totally agree, but how can you tell that he is old?  ::) 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 04:02:52 am »

How can I tell he is old? 

Because he said so himself.

I am getting old now and I hope I will survive long enough to see what all can be done with it.

Please hurry.....

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 07:08:42 am »

How can I tell he is old? 

Because he said so himself.

I am getting old now and I hope I will survive long enough to see what all can be done with it.

Please hurry.....

Arh...ok, my bad  :-X
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 02:20:05 pm »
He said he was getting old, not that he was old.   ;D