FSDreamTeam forum
September 01, 2014, 09:56:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: KIAH has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: GSX Preview 2 - Catering vehicle  (Read 24314 times)
virtuali
Administrator

« on: March 10, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »

Second GSX Video Preview, featuring the Catering vehicle. Please note, the human animated model is not final, we'll be able to offer different characters in the release version.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLALZynwaU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLALZynwaU</a>

Here we show usage with an FSDT airport (KDFW) and a 3rd party add-on airplane, the excellent 757 from our friends at Qualitywings. In case of using GSX with an FSDT airport that already has the YouControl menu, GSX will appear as a choice of the YouControl menu, in order not to "steal" another keypress from FSX.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:39:38 PM by virtuali » Logged

hero93

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »

Nice!

But I donīt like, that the cars drive on the taxiway and not on the service road.
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »

But I donīt like, that the cars drive on the taxiway and not on the service road.

The catering service surely drives on the "vehicles" path, provided the AFCAD that comes with the scenery has them.

PUP4ORD

UA777

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »

Very nice Smiley I can see their's more to come with GSX...... Wink

KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......HuhHuhHuh
ESzczesniak

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »

...Please note, the human animated model is not final, we'll be able to offer different characters in the release version...

Really?  Because it already looks quite good!
Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 12:13:13 AM »

Look's really great Umberto thanks for posting a new preview Wink the animation is looking good.  Smiley gsx is gonna add so much fun to fsx.

Cesar

Intel I5-2500K 3.3GHz @4.7 Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 B3 Corsair A-50 
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB DDR3 1600 Seagate 500 HD Antec truepower trio 550
PNY 460 GTX 1GIG Acer 23 LED WIN 7 64BIT FSX X accel
JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 12:24:56 AM »

FSDT Staff,

This looks very nice. Grin I hope that this can be done with all FSX Airliners that have multi-exits (eg. CaptainSim, Aerosoft, PMDG, etc.).  

1). Also, can you add a "disable messages" checkbox into the FSX Addon Menu of GSX (ParkMe/YouControl)?  So, that we can turn on/off the scrolling (green/white) announcements.  Would like to be able to do videos without the messages scrolling through the top on the screen.

The catering service surely drives on the "vehicles" path, provided the AFCAD that comes with the scenery has them.
2). Will you'll be updating all of the past FSDT Airports (AFCADs) to ensure that they have all GSX vehicles driving on designated (white marked) roadways?

Grazie/Thanks! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:10:56 AM by JamesChams » Logged

"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

mwilk19

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 12:39:18 AM »

Here's a little real world info. DFW is an uncontrolled ramp. Those of us who work there call it an out of control ramp. Although there are designated vehicle driving lanes, they are not always used. Sometimes it's a free for all on the ramp between vehicles and aircraft. Shocked

Regards,
Mike W.

[email protected] GHZ,Asus P8P67,8GB Mushkin redline DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX480, Noctua NH-D14,NZXT Phantom case,Windows 7 Home Premium X64
777captain
Beta tester

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:41 AM »

Okay, I think that this is great! However, how do we alter the configurations for different aircraft, like height, position etc? Is it like AES where we alter the numbers in a menu? Also, you can have a section on the forum where users can attact there (.GSX) file for different configs!
theshack440

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 03:25:59 AM »

Amazing video, it really looks like GSX has so much to offer (and only more to come). Can't wait to be sitting at T8 at JFK with my AA 767 being prepped. Keep up the good work!

Regards

Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations
bkircher
Beta tester

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 07:19:17 AM »

Dude thats legit!!!!!
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »

However, how do we alter the configurations for different aircraft, like height, position etc? Is it like AES where we alter the numbers in a menu? Also, you can have a section on the forum where users can attact there (.GSX) file for different configs!

GSX will come with an internal database with the most popular 3rd party airplanes, and it will also read an AES intelliscene.cfg file, if the 3rd party airplane comes with one OR if you used AES to generate one.

We are also planning (maybe not for the initial release), an interactive editor, where you can simply place vehicles in their correct position, without having to type any numbers.

hero93

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »

Will it work with AI-Traffic?

I hop nobody has asked this yet Roll Eyes
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

Will it work with AI-Traffic?

Well, in theory it could. But not without killing the fps...just to give you an idea, the human show in the video is not our final model, it's just a testing model, and it's about 1500 polygons, which is very low, and it's the absolute minimum to create a believable animated human. The characters in the final version will be about 4000 polygons each, and that's just the human, you then have to add the vehicle it relates to. Then, you might have several vehicles active at the same time, sometimes even in multiple copies, if the airplane has multiple cargo/service doors. And, you have several classes of vehicles visible at the same time. Let's not even start discussing *passengers*, because that would be a whole lot of polygons more.

And, this was just around the *user* airplane...if you start servicing AI, you can imagine what will happen.

Musjo

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 01:41:49 PM »

Damn! This just looks amazing... this could actually make me switch to FSX Cheesy

Just curious here, Umberto...
What specs is the computer, you using to create these previews? Animation/quality looks very smooth!

Thanks again, for the 'sneak-peak'...

Best regards, Anders
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: