Author Topic: Work in Progress / 05  (Read 96273 times)

Frank Lindberg

Re: Work in Progress / 05
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2011, 03:11:50 pm »
U guys are missing something importing here. Both BP and C9 is NOT aes compatible  :( and will never be. So that's why we fs9 users are waiting for FSDT's version of LAX.    
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:50:22 pm by Lindbergh72 »
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »
I realize that BP and C9 aren't AES compatible, but not having AES isn't a deal breaker for me.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2011, 05:29:07 pm »
...there is an LAX for FS9 out & its made by BluePrint Simulations who still does great work on there scenery, you just won't have activated jetways like you do with FSDT but atleast you'll have LAX for FS9...

The old Cloud9 version is far superior to the Blueprint version, and it's an FSDT product.

No...it is a C9 product.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2011, 05:32:18 pm »
For you FS9 simmers out there.. Nothing against FS9. I dearly enjoyed FS9 for as long as I flown on it & if thats what you feel you can only afford to fly on right now or want too thats cool.. It was a very good flightsim system & I enjoyed for all the times I flew on it, but it was time for me to move on & so I did..

I will say this though also.. For you FS9 simmers, should FSDT decide not too do LAX for some reason, It may not be FSDT quality but there is an LAX for FS9 out & its made by BluePrint Simulations who still does great work on there scenery, you just won't have activated jetways like you do with FSDT but atleast you'll have LAX for FS9...

First of all, even although Cloud9's KLAX scenery is very nice - it's outdated...
Secondly it's not AES-supported (and as already said - will never be!).

Still, the Cloud9 KLAX, is still WAY better than BluePrint's version IMO...

Besides, I don't undertand "Cowings" post... he endorses the BP KLAX with arguments, that

"... you just won't have activated jetways like you do with FSDT but atleast you'll have LAX for FS9..."

Uhh... Newsflash... Cloud9's scenery doesn't have active-gates (actually it does... some of them are actually moveable... :) ) - but not with AES... (as already stated numerous times...)

Anyway - IMHO I'm a little confused (to say the least) why THAT argument is being pulled...
I'm definitely going to purchase FSDT's rendition of KLAX, should it be released for FS9... mainly because it will be up-to-date, and I think that FSDT can do an amazing job!!! They haven't let me down, in any regard, yet!

And looking at the preview shots of KLAX (although for FSX!) - this scenery just keeps getting better and better! :)
Keep up the great work, FSDreamTeam!

The amazed customer! :)

Anders

P.s - Have a great weekend everybody! ;)
Best regards, Anders

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2011, 06:23:04 pm »
No...it is a C9 product.

Not really... Cloud9 only exists in name only, judging from what is left of their web site.  Looks like the founders are running some type of food store.   :D

Uhh... Newsflash... Cloud9's scenery doesn't have active-gates (actually it does... some of them are actually moveable... :) ) - but not with AES... (as already stated numerous times...)

Uhh... Newsflash... We're all aware of that.   :D
Some of the users in this forum are sounding like parrots, all you say is AES.  We pretend to fly commercial airliners, can't we pretend the gates are moving?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2011, 06:28:00 pm »
No...it is a C9 product.

Not really... Cloud9 only exists in name only, judging from what is left of their web site.  Looks like the founders are running some type of food store.   :D

Yes really.  Just because they are no longer around doesn't mean the product isn't their's.  Support is now being handled by Virtuali s.a.s. but that doesn't mean the product wasn't an FSDT product.  It was developed under the cloud9 name.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »
U guys are missing something importing here. Both BP and C9 is NOT aes compatible  :( and we never be. So that's why we fs9 users are waiting for FSDT's version of LAX.   

My thoughts exactly.

I purchased the C9 KLAX when it came out and was totally impressed. It was the highest quality scenery I ever saw till I visited Amsterdam and bought that scenery as well. C9 was miles ahead of everyone. And honestly C9 products are still as good as current developers. Take Bergen for example, with AES, it stands up very strongly to GAP and simwings sceneries being released to this day. If you have FS9, and never purchased or seen Bergen, go run the trial and you would see that scenery could have been released last year. Same as Regan. C9 KLAX is still very good for an outdated scenery which is why if the new backported scenery can match it, it would still be better or equal to t the others. AES is a total dealbreaker for me.

Even if BP used AES, I still wouldn't buy it. I would rathar use the C9 version a million times over.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2011, 08:50:27 pm »
U guys are missing something importing here. Both BP and C9 is NOT aes compatible  :( and we never be. So that's why we fs9 users are waiting for FSDT's version of LAX.   

My thoughts exactly.

I purchased the C9 KLAX when it came out and was totally impressed. It was the highest quality scenery I ever saw till I visited Amsterdam and bought that scenery as well. C9 was miles ahead of everyone. And honestly C9 products are still as good as current developers. Take Bergen for example, with AES, it stands up very strongly to GAP and simwings sceneries being released to this day. If you have FS9, and never purchased or seen Bergen, go run the trial and you would see that scenery could have been released last year. Same as Regan. C9 KLAX is still very good for an outdated scenery which is why if the new backported scenery can match it, it would still be better or equal to t the others. AES is a total dealbreaker for me.

Even if BP used AES, I still wouldn't buy it. I would rathar use the C9 version a million times over.

But the developers of all the C9 sceneries are the same developers of FSDT. They just didn't own the rights to the C9 product line. There was a major issue with the C9 owners and developers and the developers went on to create FSDT. They reached an agreement last year and thats the reason FSDT is making LAX now.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2011, 08:54:02 pm »
Totally agree on this matter..

If FSDT decide not to make LAX for fs9... Then I hope they at least would update C9 for AES 
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

aircanadajet

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2011, 10:17:01 pm »
Dear FSDT, tomorrow is the first day of Spring... does that mean release date?????

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2011, 11:07:24 pm »
No I don't think so, U have to wait for Progress/06 or 07  ;) maybe in April or May, I guess.. 

Alliano Ricot

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2011, 01:16:33 am »
looking Good there Hope for a quick Update as to when I ether buy this add-on for FS2004.

Yes I have readied all the negative posting and some which make a little scene but to me I don't see some to positive points. C9's LAX for FS9 is good, I have it now but playing with all the scenery in FS9 on Full AES to land and LAX to NO AES you don't want to see what goes on in my head ;D. How much C9 LAX is being sold not to even update much less give AES, Oh I can hear it now OH AES This , AES that whats so great about it. It the same thing about FSX and REX and even FSDT to all the other Sim add-on and product providers out there giving A LITTLE MORE REAL TO VIRTUAL REALITY OF WHAT IS REALITY NOW. I about to lose my temper, But I will not about this cross Sim-Wars viral clash make you wonder why the next Flight Sim might not even be a Sim. Computer gaming is facing a problem with all this software wars, I will buy FSX soon but not cause I have enough problems running FS2004 of a pretty good rig I don't what to see X in action on this PC of mines. Please just make this scenery quick cause the the fastest it is out they Can Miami Intl 8). COME ON KMIA!!!!!

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2011, 03:06:19 am »
Dear FSDT, tomorrow is the first day of Spring... does that mean release date?????
We have to wait a while :) Typically when preview 8 thread comes out then we have a pretty good idea that the scenery will be ready to go. ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

kinm

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2011, 04:58:03 pm »

You should hold off on this project until that new International 1.5 billion dollars project is 60% done.
 LAX will look so different when these new terminals and setup are completed.
 Unless this scenerey project FSX (and FS9..i hope) has the capability of version upgrade with the new look without paying extra.

Just my opinion here.............

Thanks,
 Kin M.
 (Klax)

777captain

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2011, 06:07:04 pm »

You should hold off on this project until that new International 1.5 billion dollars project is 60% done.
 LAX will look so different when these new terminals and setup are completed.
 Unless this scenerey project FSX (and FS9..i hope) has the capability of version upgrade with the new look without paying extra.

Just my opinion here.............

Thanks,
 Kin M.
 (Klax)

I am assuming an upgrade will be published when this part is FINISHED not 60% done.