Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295194 times)

akair-NorthLinkVA

Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #225 on: December 25, 2011, 05:24:57 pm »
Umberto ...... and FSDTeam ..... and All here on forum ...

Wishing you  ... SEASONS GREETINGS to All & Best Holiday Wishes

and the Best for the coming New Year

GSX ........ is going to Revolutionize the Ground Service part of  MS Flight Siming - with there engine and Interactivity... Wooo Hoooo

As stated above I, would Rather have .... Umberto ...... and FSDTeam .... do it RIGHT the first time ...upon Release ...

Than have 100's of us, as Unsatisfied - at the Rushed Release - - with a zillion bugs ...

Just have a little Patience Folks - All will be Great upon GSX's release ....     :D  ;)  :)

Again Wishing ~ ~ The Best in this Holiday Season ~ ~  Chris

Also looking for Pilots - 18 yo - 99   • • •

Join / Fly our Great VA • • • • •

Serving North Western USA & Pacific Northwest •
Over 525 Routes

• Offering ~ CAT I/II/III Certification and help

The Pacific Northwest . has some of the Most Challenging Airports in the World ..... !!!

http://www.northlinkva.com/welcome-fsdtgsx.html

•  •  •  • Northlink Virtual Airlines •  •  •  •

Routes Served:
Alaska / Horizon • Westjet • Northern Air Cargo • ERA Aviation • Skywest • Polar Air Cargo • Canadian North

« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 05:27:54 pm by akair-NorthLinkVA »

BritishBoy25

« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2011, 11:11:41 pm »
Cant Wait  ;D

todd4242

« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2012, 05:31:57 am »
is there a date yet or will it be June or July before we see it???
It conserns me that the release date was suppose to be 2011 and heren it is 2012 and for that fact we were told it would be ready for release within a few days of the new year. Im really intrested in it because i was wanting to be a beta tester and was turned down that isnt too much to ask is it???

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:51:07 am by todd4242 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2012, 10:52:20 am »
is there a date yet or will it be June or July before we see it???

The date, as with any other software, is "when it's finished", wouldn't be very useful to users if we released it *before* it's finished and before we and our beta testers are reasonably happy with it.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2012, 06:13:22 pm »
I believe that the question is intended to determine if you are still within your posted timeline of 2011

Since I've haven't replied to that specific question, the only possible conclusion is that there's no answer to that question yet. And, in any case, it will be released as soon as it's ready, without any previous announcement, like any other product we released so far: we never announced an exact date for a product, only general timeframes.

Fact that "in 2011" (which was posted in March) sounds like an "exact" date now, since 2011 is passing by, it's just unfortunate, but still the fact stands that it was a general idea of a release time-frame announced 9 months ago, which means we would consider it a success being able to release it a few days into the new year. Nobody in the gaming industry is ever able to match release dates with a 10-15 days margin, with 9 months in advance...

I can only confirm the product is in active Beta testing here, which means it can't be too long before it's released.

...no one other than Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. Released on time. Forgot about them?  ;)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2012, 06:51:12 pm »
Cool... I love BF3  ;) Which rank are U Junior?
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2012, 06:59:12 pm »
...no one other than Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. Released on time. Forgot about them?  ;)

Did they give you a nine month window like Virtuali did?  LAX was delayed as well, life happens.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2012, 07:14:00 pm »
...no one other than Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. Released on time. Forgot about them?  ;)

Fact that are some games released in time, doesn't that most of them aren't.

I remember quite well having purchased the original PSP on release day in Europe in 2005, because Sony *promised* that Gran Turismo mobile, which was announced at E4 2004:

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/513/513565p1.html

Would have been launched "shortly" after the PSP, like couple of months after...but it was eventually released 4 YEARS later in the late 2009!

Sometimes you just can't predict what will happen while testing, because you find the need for new features while the testing itself is in process.

And, opposite to what is usually the gaming industry standard, that NO new features are added while testing, the Flight sim market is quite different, because our software doesn't live in a vacuum, but it's used together with many other 3rd party addons, and by observing usage patterns from testers, we find that something had to be added to the planned features set, which will explain soon in a separate post.

aircanadajet

« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2012, 04:34:21 am »
Hi Umberto, a question; I flew into Chicago O'Hare and I noticed there was quite a bit of static vehicles on the tarmac, which I like, but i wonder how this will play with GSX? Would they go around it or over them?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2012, 11:26:00 am »
Hi Umberto, a question; I flew into Chicago O'Hare and I noticed there was quite a bit of static vehicles on the tarmac, which I like, but i wonder how this will play with GSX? Would they go around it or over them?

GSX doesn't read the scenery around it. However, we can deal with this issue in different ways:

1) If the scenery it's default, the ground vehicles are detected and removed automatically from the parking when you select it for operation.

2) Later FSDT sceneries, like KDFW and KLAX are designed to "talk" with GSX, and their static ground details are placed in a way that GSX can remove them when a parking is selected by the user.

3) With a 3rd party scenery and earlier FSDT sceneries like JFK or KORD, we can lessen the issue a bit by making an airport customization file, that allows to fine tune were to place GSX vehicles at each parking in order to not conflict with static scenery on ground.

The initial release will contain customization files for all our airports + Flightbeam KSFO, which will be free to use too, but we can of course release customization files for other 3rd party airports in the future, some might be free, some might be payware, but in that case we'll probably also add new 3d models with a payware package.

Silverbird

« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2012, 08:06:59 pm »
Hello Umberto were you able to work on the vehicle paths in reference to my earlier post about the ramp vehicles going a certain path http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4137.msg37030#msg37030 http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/753sec5.pdf
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

aircanadajet

« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »
GSX sounds so sophisticated! I hope my computer can handle it!! ;D

Need-To-Know

« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2012, 10:43:04 am »
WOW - this looks amazing and you can count on one more sale from me!!

Great work and thanks for your efforts!

I love addons that show a real dedication to the craft like this one does and not some thrown together cheapo looking mess.

I am new here but will be around now that I have found a Dream Team!

BTW - BF3 was a piece of junk when they first released it and they should have waited until it was done.

I wonder about why people want things released before they are ready....then complain about it not being right.

Develop it right and we will all be happier. Aviators just be happy this is coming at all...I know I am.  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:53:20 am by Need-To-Know »

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2012, 04:57:11 pm »
...no one other than Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. Released on time. Forgot about them?  ;)

Fact that are some games released in time, doesn't that most of them aren't.

I remember quite well having purchased the original PSP on release day in Europe in 2005, because Sony *promised* that Gran Turismo mobile, which was announced at E4 2004:

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/513/513565p1.html

Would have been launched "shortly" after the PSP, like couple of months after...but it was eventually released 4 YEARS later in the late 2009!

Sometimes you just can't predict what will happen while testing, because you find the need for new features while the testing itself is in process.

And, opposite to what is usually the gaming industry standard, that NO new features are added while testing, the Flight sim market is quite different, because our software doesn't live in a vacuum, but it's used together with many other 3rd party addons, and by observing usage patterns from testers, we find that something had to be added to the planned features set, which will explain soon in a separate post.

Well you said no one in the gaming industry. To me that includes all category. Gran Turismo....mobile doesn't quite stack up to Modern Warfare nor BF. I guess there it might but not in the states. But either or. We understand what you mean. Still can wait for the final product. :)

ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2012, 06:05:04 pm »
Well you said no one in the gaming industry. To me that includes all category. Gran Turismo....mobile doesn't quite stack up to Modern Warfare nor BF

That's more to my point: if even Sony could get away by releasing a less than stellar product with 5 years delay, it means anything can happen. And, in case of Sony, it's even worse, because many bought the hardware just on the promise of that game release...

The real issue is, fact that you cited two big titles that *were* released in time, doesn't change the fact the most aren't.