Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 296417 times)

aircanadajet

Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2011, 12:50:08 pm »
I, personally expend most of my FSX time while flying looking at the plane, its reflections, how the wings move, how the gear lowers when approaching, etc.. I was almost banned from a different forum, for asking too much to make their airplanes more friendly to users like myself, that do not want to expend too much time in the technicalities and learning how to start a plane from cold. So, in my opinion, jetways should look as a realistic as possible, if you are doing something why do a mediocre product? (I am not implying by any means that FSDT does that) but if you are to do something do it as perfect as possible?... It really bugs me when jetways can not reach the plane passenger door and you can see that the jetways has gaps in between the tube thingy..... or when the tires of the jetways sink to the ground, etc... but again thats just me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2011, 01:00:28 pm »
It's the old conflict between functionality and looks.

I would rather have a software that let me *doing* things, rather than something that it's "only" nice to look at, of course that doesn't mean we use this as a lame excuse to do things that look like crap, because we usually don't...

In any case, GSX has plenty of eye-candy in the details already like, for example, the man that pushes the catering cart into the airplane that lowers his head when crossing the airplane door threshold...

Silverbird

« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2011, 04:13:13 pm »
I, personally expend most of my FSX time while flying looking at the plane, its reflections, how the wings move, how the gear lowers when approaching, etc.. I was almost banned from a different forum, for asking too much to make their airplanes more friendly to users like myself, that do not want to expend too much time in the technicalities and learning how to start a plane from cold. So, in my opinion, jetways should look as a realistic as possible, if you are doing something why do a mediocre product? (I am not implying by any means that FSDT does that) but if you are to do something do it as perfect as possible?... It really bugs me when jetways can not reach the plane passenger door and you can see that the jetways has gaps in between the tube thingy..... or when the tires of the jetways sink to the ground, etc... but again thats just me.

aircanadajet as former ramp worker the jetway and even the vehicles are not allowed to touch the airplane at all there about a few inches of space and gap.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

aircanadajet

« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2011, 06:45:11 pm »

aircanadajet as former ramp worker the jetway and even the vehicles are not allowed to touch the airplane at all there about a few inches of space and gap.
[/quote]

Sorry, I meant the empty gap that occurs when the jetway isn't long enough to reach to the door of the plane.. So FSX keeps trying to reach it anyways and then the jetways starts to break into three separate pieces... like: ||||||   |||||||  |||||||[]

Silverbird

« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2011, 02:55:11 am »

Sorry, I meant the empty gap that occurs when the jetway isn't long enough to reach to the door of the plane.. So FSX keeps trying to reach it anyways and then the jetways starts to break into three separate pieces... like: ||||||   |||||||  |||||||[]
[/quote]

haha yes aircanadajet now understand  :) yea its crazy looks horrible and strange, ;D maybe one day they can replace them the future, I have to admit the default models don't look bad at all of course I prefer fsdt ones.  8) quick edit here forgot to mention yesterday in case someone misread it I love the fsdt jetway models just bizarre how fsx handles the bone animation when it breaks up.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:41:32 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2011, 02:30:37 pm »
Sorry, I meant the empty gap that occurs when the jetway isn't long enough to reach to the door of the plane.. So FSX keeps trying to reach it anyways and then the jetways starts to break into three separate pieces... like: ||||||   |||||||  |||||||[]

Could that be because you're trying to park at the wrong size gate?   :P
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

johndrago

« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2011, 05:00:09 pm »

I've never seen this in all the years I've had FSX. 

Might be where you are parking.

John

aircanadajet

« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2011, 06:03:10 pm »

I just knew you were going to say something like that... But anyways I think it happens mostly when I am flying a plane that has two passenger doors in front; like a triple 7, or 747... Etc and the airport does not have a second jetway and it tries to reach the door closest to the wing... Then FSX starts to dismantle the jetway into pieces... And I do park following the yellow markings in the tarmac.

phenocom

« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2011, 07:53:28 pm »
That is a problem that you can solve with the settings. If the scenery settings are all to the right (if your system can handle it) the stretched and broken Jetways will not be seen. I had this with FSDT KDFW and when I changed the scenery settings the Jetways did not break up when trying to reach the Regional Jets like ERJ145 and the CRJ planes.

space_coast

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2011, 09:58:36 pm »
Looking forward to the release of GSX. I hope it's not too long until it's released. Even though you do not give exact release dates, in which timeframe do you expect the release? (one week, before christmas, after christmas)

Thanks in advance for your answer!
It certainly will be a great product to play with

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2011, 03:04:23 pm »
On or before December 31st.   :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

aircanadajet

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:01 pm »
That is a problem that you can solve with the settings. If the scenery settings are all to the right (if your system can handle it) the stretched and broken Jetways will not be seen. I had this with FSDT KDFW and when I changed the scenery settings the Jetways did not break up when trying to reach the Regional Jets like ERJ145 and the CRJ planes.

Good point. I will give it a try.

Gerwil

« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2011, 11:14:23 pm »
Wonderful 8). Thanks for explaining again. So in other words GSX at the beginning will only be use to handle the ground crew and AES will handle the jetways? Both programs working at the same time?... How is it possible? ::)

Good idea! Shouldn´t be too hard to make the AES vehicle textures transparent and replace the few sound files by silent ones. This way both programs could work together and only have the AES jetways.

aircanadajet

« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2011, 02:19:22 pm »
Thought of something else; is it possible to perhaps develop a menu where you get to choose where the jetways should attach to the plane? Because I noticed yesterday flew on a 767-300 ER and the jetway attached where there was not door, near the wing... most of the 767-300 ER's do have a second door, but this one didn't for some reason... I know 767 400 all have them. any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2011, 02:35:19 pm »
We might enable a preference to have jetways moving automatically or not, that can be arranged.