Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295319 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2011, 07:58:24 pm »
The problem is that FSX's ATC doesn't give you the gate number you're going to, just the route to get there.  Can it still be automated?

I'm still have to check if that info is passed via Simconnect, it surely is for AI airplanes, not sure if it's for the user airplane too. But even if it didn't, it wouldn't be the first time we take the information we need by reverse-engineering...

wb2002

« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »
The problem is that FSX's ATC doesn't give you the gate number you're going to, just the route to get there.  Can it still be automated?

What do you mean by this? After landing and ask to contact ground, you are given a route and gate number.
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »
What do you mean by this? After landing and ask to contact ground, you are given a route and gate number.

I usually hear something like "<callsign>taxi to the stand via<route>", then I call for the AES follow me vehicle and end up at a gate somewhere.  Maybe it depends on the airport's afcad, but I don't recall ever getting a gate number.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

akair-NorthLinkVA

« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2011, 01:56:11 am »
Virtuali ...... and FSDTeam .....

I and other Pilots,  of Northlink Virtual Airline .......

have been chomping at the bit ..... in anticipation of the New GSX - ( Ground Service X ) from FSDT,

since you announced in Spring - Looking for this Great New Add-ON  ~ ~ Wooo Hooo ..... !!!

To add to my FSX - experience, along with my other Fantastic Products from FSDT ~ ~ KDFW & KLAX
( Have at least 4 orders - from our group .... <grins> )

Also looking for Pilots - 18 yo - 99   • • •

Join / Fly our Great VA • • • • •

Serving North Western USA & Pacific Northwest • Over 505 Routes

• Offering ~ CAT I/II/III Certification
and help

The Pacific Northwest . has some of the Most Challenging Airports in the World ..... !!!

http://www.northlinkva.com/welcome-fsdtgsx.html

•  •  •  • Northlink Virtual Airlines •  •  •  •

Routes Served:
Alaska / Horizon • Westjet • Northern Air Cargo • ERA Aviation • Skywest • Polar Air Cargo • Canadian North

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:15:39 am by akair-NorthLinkVA »

goodperson36

« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2011, 06:50:00 am »
Hi Guys Cant wait to purchase this this is awesome. I also have a question maybe someone to give me some tips I have FSX the only problem is that i amusing a dreamwings embrer 170 when I taxi to the gates the gates will not work the pushback car works and the fuel truck works any tips on the jetway issue would be awesome.

welchb21

« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2011, 09:26:29 pm »
boy i am soooooooo excited for this product to come out you have no idea. i have been looking for a product like this one for years and never had ne luck, i just wish i would have found out about this before i spent so much on AES, dont get me wrong i think AES is awesome, i just think that would be a much better product if they had all the airports like GSX is going to. All i know is that this product cant come out fast enough. Hope its all going well and you can definately count on me being  one of the first to buy this addon. Thanks alot guys soooo happy someone finally developed this. :)

aircanadajet

« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2011, 03:05:33 am »
I have three new airports with NO ground services... KLAX, Vienna, and Chicago... I do not want to buy another $20 token worth of AES services! But how long until the release of this magnificent product?   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2011, 09:57:40 am »
I have three new airports with NO ground services... KLAX, Vienna, and Chicago... I do not want to buy another $20 token worth of AES services! But how long until the release of this magnificent product?

Patience, it won't be very long, we are full steam finishing it.

aircanadajet

« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2011, 12:58:23 pm »
Thanks Umberto. I asked the people over at t***a about connecting jetways and how can you control them with crtl+shift+J, etc... and they told me I need AES for moving jetways! because their native airports' jetways don't move! So, what does that mean in regards to GSX?? Would you guys take care of moving jetways for every airport? and I am sure someone probably has already pointed this out...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »
they told me I need AES for moving jetways! because their native airports' jetways don't move! So, what does that mean in regards to GSX?? Would you guys take care of moving jetways for every airport?

This was explained and discussed a long time ago and, right from the start we always said GSX wouldn't replace what scenery developers should do in the first place, at least if they claim a scenery being "FSX native", since moving jetways are a default FSX feature.

Asking to use AES had some sense under FS9, since it wasn't something that FS9 did very well (although we *did* some FS9 sceneries with moving jetways without requiring AES...), but there are no excuse in FSX not to do it.

If we had to create moving jetways for every 3rd party airport, we should interact with developers, which is a burden we'll gladly leave to AES, and some are even openly opposed to it. But, different from AES, even on those airports were the developers oppose to AES, you WILL be able to use GSX in full, without moving jetways of course, but all the rest will work.

In any case, this doesn't mean we would never cover jetways, because the FSX system is by no means perfect so, at a certain point in time, GSX will take care of jetways too, but surely not the initial release.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:04:58 pm by virtuali »

aircanadajet

« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2011, 05:37:58 pm »
Wonderful 8). Thanks for explaining again. So in other words GSX at the beginning will only be use to handle the ground crew and AES will handle the jetways? Both programs working at the same time?... How is it possible? ::)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2011, 02:17:51 pm »
Both programs working at the same time?... How is it possible?

Oliver will likely have to modify AES to make everything called from the menu.  Right now, half of his ground service vehicles are automatic and just show up.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

johndrago

« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2011, 07:21:02 pm »

In any case, this doesn't mean we would never cover jetways, because the FSX system is by no means perfect so, at a certain point in time, GSX will take care of jetways too, but surely not the initial release.

Umberto, you guys do excellent work, and I've enjoyed every airport.   My question is, why waste the  energy on developing a new jetway system when FSX does it ok.  It's not perfect, but each jetway moves, and connects to the aircraft.

I'm not sure why some people are so obsessed with making the jetways better.  All of the other GSX improvements will be excellent  at adding immersion, and creating "realism."  After I dock the default jetway, I don't stare at it for the 30 minutes I'm prepping to push back.

This is just my opinion, but I would rather FSDT work on other things that can be added to GSX later, then creating a new jetway system that already functions  satisfactorily in FSX.  Why complicate something that doesn't need it?

Thanks again, and I can't wait for GSX.

- John
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:23:38 pm by johndrago »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2011, 08:47:26 pm »
This is just my opinion, but I would rather FSDT work on other things that can be added to GSX later, then creating a new jetway system that already functions satisfactorily in FSX.  Why complicate something that doesn't need it?

I tend to agree, from my point of view as an user, I'd rather have, let's say, Cargo operations, rather than a better jetway system. But it's always impossible to please everyone.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2011, 08:37:56 am »
This is just my opinion, but I would rather FSDT work on other things that can be added to GSX later, then creating a new jetway system that already functions satisfactorily in FSX.  Why complicate something that doesn't need it?

I tend to agree, from my point of view as an user, I'd rather have, let's say, Cargo operations, rather than a better jetway system. But it's always impossible to please everyone.
Their could be a balance perhaps where the jetway system can be finetuned :-\
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????