Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295314 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2011, 11:56:06 pm »
Will there be anymore previews?

I guess so but, as was already explained in other threads that discussed getting more previews, doing a preview costs us time that could be better spent doing the actual product.

And, after the first video Preview, we got several comments of people that mistakenly assumed the product had "problems" (like the Passenger Bus appearing on a parking with a jetway), even when it was fairly obvious it was just a very early preview of a product that wasn't due for several months, so those really trivial issues would have been surely fixed.

swaguy1229

« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2011, 11:21:22 pm »
Ok because i was just wondering,but more previews would be a chore i realize but it would be nice if you could :)

aircanadajet

« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »
yes to +previews!

777captain

« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2011, 03:04:31 am »
+1. At least a model or something?

ESzczesniak

« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2011, 01:09:00 am »
I'd be happy without any "previews" per se, but would love to hear some update about progress/features/what's left to do.

wb2002

« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2011, 11:37:33 pm »
I'd be happy without any "previews" per se, but would love to hear some update about progress/features/what's left to do.

Same here . . . . . . . . .

wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2011, 02:33:47 pm »
The time needed to create new previews can be better spent on coding and getting it finished.  You already know what features have been planned, presuming you've been reading the forum.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2011, 02:37:14 am »
Yea its tough to wait :P But y'all know you just have to ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

liketofly

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2011, 12:34:15 am »
Hi Umberto,

One Question, The one thing I always missed with AES was the follow me car..... well, I know it has one to take you from the runway to your parking, however, on large airports sometimes it would be nice if one could get that help also from the gate to the runway..... especially when its foggy outside as it is now in autumn.. ;)

And a second Question: Is it possible to kill AI Aircraft already parked at the location you choose for parking after landing, because I very often encounter 2 problems,
1. The FSX ATC actually never sends me to a gate with a Jetway...... (I don't buy addon Airports to then be sent to some parking on the outskirts....)
2. I choose my parking with AES (Follow Me) and arrive at that parking just to find an AI Plane sitting there.....

Regards
richard
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:04:13 am by liketofly »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2011, 09:49:02 am »
One Question, The one thing I always missed with AES was the follow me car..... well, I know it has one to take you from the runway to your parking, however, on large airports sometimes it would be nice if one could get that help also from the gate to the runway..... especially when its foggy outside as it is now in autumn.. ;)

Taxi out to the runway will not be in the very first release, but it's planned for an upgrade.

And a second Question: Is it possible to kill AI Aircraft already parked at the location you choose for parking after landing, because I very often encounter 2 problems

Yes, it does it automatically: once you select a parking, it will kill anything there, either AI or default service vehicles.

1. The FSX ATC actually never sends me to a gate with a Jetway...... (I don't buy addon Airports to then be sent to some parking on the outskirts....)

I think this is just a coincidence, of not having a jetway on the parking the ATC happened to choose with its own strategy. However, you are not required to go to the same parking in GSX, you can select every parking in the airport and just ignore the default ATC.

2. I choose my parking with AES (Follow Me) and arrive at that parking just to find an AI Plane sitting there.....

Will not happen with GSX, your parking will be off-limits to other airplanes until either you park there, or you tell GSX you want a different parking.

liketofly

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2011, 03:30:21 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thx for the answers... definately going to by once its out...

regards
richi

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2011, 01:55:31 am »
I have a question. I own several credit packs for AES, and I love the way it works. However, GSX, though seems like no comparison. Everyone animated, everything moving - it sounds awesome. Will there be a way to integrate AES with GSX? Maybe even a way for jetways to remain but for others to leave...? As well, is there (other than jetways and the rear stairs) something that AES will be better at (ie Pushback trucks or follow-me-cars)? I know AES is going NG, with different colours for different airports. How will this be different from GSX? Will AES or GSX be better? I don't know now if I should get AES for LAX or YVR (CAN"T WAIT FOR YVR!!!!!). The jetways are what seem to be needed, with perfect alignment in AES, where they sometimes don't move or go through my plane in normal FSDT. Anyways, totally can't wait for release!!!

JamesChams

« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »
Virtuali/Staff,

RE: Preview's 1 -> 4 shows that GSX is coming along quite nicely.  8)  

... a few suggestions if you would kindly consider them...

1. Regarding the animated character's motion; their gate (the way they walk); still looks a little CGI and not yet *human* in the way their bodies motion & mechanics coordinate while they walk.  For movies, I know that companies have to get staff (or hire actors) to gather motion-capture data to get that feature correct... is this at all possible for GSX?  It would simply make all the marshaller's and different crew look a little more *real* as they do their respective duties.  Right now many aspects are quite good looking, its just their *gate*, when they walk, still looks too CGI. ::)

2. Can you make GSX have a user-selectable check box in the ADDON menu for it to auto load this module (itself) each time a flight/FSX is launched?  (i.e. When you launch at the gate, GSX is already loaded every time and you don't have to manually click short-cut key commands/click menus to enable it each time).

3. Can you make the YouContol parking module to auto load the Marshaller at the gate assigned by FSX's ATC services (along with the Follow-Me vehicle taxiing you to the correct gate) automatically without the user having to go through the menus to assign it themselves?  It should be possible to get this via SimConnect from the ATC communication to the Pilot/User when parking is assigned.  This would make the GSX product more seamless and *real* to the Pilot/User the way it is done in real life.  This could also be part of the payware version if not in the initial release and add much worth to that feature but still leave the User Menu selection features for those that would like to make their own selections.  

Good Luck & look forward to the next preview(s); Ciao! :)

BTW: Really like the improved Runway Textures (upgrades) to the FSDT KLAX product in the 4th video; BRAVO! :o
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:50:25 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2011, 05:56:48 pm »
1. Regarding the animated character's motion; their gate (the way they walk); still looks a little CGI and not yet *human* in the way their bodies motion & mechanics coordinate while they walk.

Already replied here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4960.msg46176#msg46176

For movies, I know that companies have to get staff (or hire actors) to gather motion-capture data to get that feature correct... is this at all possible for GSX?

The current version of the walking cycle (which hasn't been show on video yet) it IS based on motion capture.

2. Can you make GSX have a user-selectable check box in the ADDON menu for it to auto load this module (itself) each time a flight/FSX is launched?

It's already like that. You don't have to "launch" GSX in any way, the hotkey is needed to start its operations at a gate, not to load it, because it gets loaded when FSX starts.

3. Can you make the YouContol parking module to auto load the Marshaller at the gate assigned by FSX's ATC services (along with the Follow-Me vehicle taxiing you to the correct gate) automatically without the user having to go through the menus to assign it themselves?

This might be possible but, it's likely that most user would like to use a different parking than what the ATC tells so, the most used action would be selecting the parking from the list in any case. All the online flyers will have to do it, for example.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »
This might be possible but, it's likely that most user would like to use a different parking...

The problem is that FSX's ATC doesn't give you the gate number you're going to, just the route to get there.  Can it still be automated?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock