Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 296280 times)

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2011, 06:32:58 pm »
I think I would use ASE for De-Icing and Pushback.....Be nice if you are able to use GSX application in a remote app like Ipad or remote pc.  At least you don't see the menu on the screen.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2011, 06:35:39 pm »
I think I would use ASE for De-Icing and Pushback.....

You mean AES ? How could you decide this already, considering you haven't tried those features in GSX yet ?

Be nice if you are able to use GSX application in a remote app like Ipad or remote pc.  At least you don't see the menu on the screen.

Sorry, but this is not really a main feature: most of the users are ok with the standard, transparent and non intrusive menus, which are the same the ATC uses anyway.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2011, 02:01:43 pm »
How could you decide this already, considering you haven't tried those features in GSX yet ?

You have to remember that some of us are AES addicts.  When you have close to two C notes invested in AES serial numbers, it isn't a hard decision, especially in light of the fact that GSX does not animate jetways.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »
You have to remember that some of us are AES addicts.  When you have close to two C notes invested in AES serial numbers, it isn't a hard decision, especially in light of the fact that GSX does not animate jetways.

This doesn't have anything to do with the question, the OP said:

Which might sound as if he might want to use GSX for other services. Your remark would be more in line with the choice of using the *whole* GSX or the *whole* AES at an airport.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2011, 05:39:34 pm »

You mean AES ? How could you decide this already, considering you haven't tried those features in GSX yet ?

Be nice if you are able to use GSX application in a remote app like Ipad or remote pc.  At least you don't see the menu on the screen.

Sorry, but this is not really a main feature: most of the users are ok with the standard, transparent and non intrusive menus, which are the same the ATC uses anyway.

I am not most users.....Never said it was the main feature either.......Hence "Be nice if you are able......"....Now that I think about it I have not read anything to suggest otherwise in relations to the "....features in GSX yet".....With that said.....I still intend on "purchasing" the "product" either way.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2011, 05:45:49 pm »

This doesn't have anything to do with the question, the OP said:

Which might sound as if he might want to use GSX for other services. Your remark would be more in line with the choice of using the *whole* GSX or the *whole* AES at an airport.

The fact that luggage are being tossed in the aircraft via conveyor belt was the deciding factor.....NOW if it wasn't for that I would have a hard-time "picturing" myself pulling out  wallet and "throwing" away hard earned cash to replace AES.....The "C-Note" factor would HAVE to be addressed.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2011, 02:04:26 pm »
The guy tossing luggage is a factor for me as well, but I'm buying GSX for the airports that Oliver can't or won't add AES to, like ORBX.  AES NG is coming and that guy tossing luggage may make an appearance.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:06:17 pm by Bruce Hamilton »
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2011, 02:07:17 pm »
The guy tossing luggage is a factor for me as well

Well, it's nice to know that people like it (it's also a good hint for us to pay special care for that animation), but there are many other important features in GSX, the most difficult one was the Pushback, because we fought hard to fix the "skating" effect that is usually associated to that...

Note that, having believable animated characters is a benefit of being FSX-only, because there's no way FS9 could support that kind of animation.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
The guy tossing luggage is a factor for me as well

Well, it's nice to know that people like it (it's also a good hint for us to pay special care for that animation), but there are many other important features in GSX, the most difficult one was the Pushback, because we fought hard to fix the "skating" effect that is usually associated to that...

Note that, having believable animated characters is a benefit of being FSX-only, because there's no way FS9 could support that kind of animation.
Nice to know that we will finally have "Tugs" pushback aircraft in FSDT sceneries. ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2011, 11:43:32 pm »
............... AES NG is coming and that guy tossing luggage may make an appearance.

Would be nice to see the other marshall on each of the wing during pushback too!!!
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

theshack440

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:03 am »

Umberto, for pushback, do we choose the taxi way and orientation (maybe via an arrow), or do we choose the orientation (left or right) and then it just pushes us to the closest taxiway?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2011, 09:05:32 am »
Umberto, for pushback, do we choose the taxi way and orientation (maybe via an arrow), or do we choose the orientation (left or right) and then it just pushes us to the closest taxiway?

A menu option will ask left or right, and the airplane will be towed to the closest taxiway. However, if the AFCAD in use specifies no pushback in both directions on that parking, there will be no menu.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:07:37 am by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2011, 02:38:23 pm »
Nice to know that we will finally have "Tugs" pushback aircraft in FSDT sceneries. ;)

I'm confused... AES has tugs pushing aircraft.   ???

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »

I'm confused... AES has tugs pushing aircraft.   ???
What I meant by the "Tugs" are the ones that either are at the gate or the few that move around in the scenery. A picture showing what I am talking about; United Airlines 777-200 with a United Tug circled.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:01:27 pm by PUP4ORD »
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

SirIsaac726

« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »

I'm confused... AES has tugs pushing aircraft.   ???
What I meant by the "Tugs" are the ones that either are at the gate or the few that move around in the scenery. A picture showing what I am talking about; United Airlines 777-200 with a United Tug circled.

AES has tugs.  That's how you are pushed back when you select it.