Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 296471 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2011, 06:59:22 pm »
Will GSX be incorporated into Lax?

It will support all our past and future airports. However, KLAX will be released first, with the regular ParkMe/YouControl features. When GSX will be out, installing it will upgrade all our airports to GSX services, without having to buy it, just downloading the Trial.

diceflo

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2011, 08:41:31 pm »
I just thought of something, I purchased an add on that gives me service vehicles in the North America and Europe. This has been working well but it did cost me more than it should and your product looks much better. I have every FSDT airport and this add on works at all of them. When LAX comes out and when I of course purchase it, do I need to uninstall the other add on or can they work together?. I also wanted to ask if your GSX that comes with LAX will give me service vehicles at every default airport in the world and third party airports or do we only get the service vehicles at LAX and we have to buy an upgrade for the world?. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »
When LAX comes out and when I of course purchase it, do I need to uninstall the other add on or can they work together?

I'm not sure what addon you are referring to but, if you mean the one that just replaces the FSX default vehicles, it's just a graphic update so, I don't anticipate any problems.

I also wanted to ask if your GSX that comes with LAX will give me service vehicles at every default airport in the world and third party airports or do we only get the service vehicles at LAX and we have to buy an upgrade for the world?.

KLAX will not contain anything from GSX, because it's going to be released much earlier. And, even when GSX will be out, it will always be a separate download, it doesn't make any sense to include it in every scenery and add to the download size, when a single separate installer will handle all sceneries.

As already explained in the first post about GSX, its Trial version will work in full without any purchase in all FSDT sceneries. To get support for any other scenery out there, both FSX default and any 3rd party, will require purchasing GSX.

cowings1588

Re: Pushback Question
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2011, 08:30:35 am »
Still have not seen answer to my question, will I have to shut down before push back would like to have the option not to if I wish, thank you.

Rich

Why would you have them running at the gate anyway ?? I'm not understanding this question.. Plus what type of plane are we talking about here ??  if its a 737 or any with engine on wing, there's no way you'd want to keep engine running or start the engine until your being pushed back from the gate.. Safety first..  Only time they'd ever start one engine & you'll never have this issue in Flightsim but in real life is when the APU is out or InOp & were forced to start only one engine at the gate before departure so he can turn the other one on & thats via AirStart.. We normally Start the Number 1 engine but sometimes number 2 depending on where the Airstart plugs into so ramp can safely remove it without getting sucked into the engines.. Most 737's you start number 2 because the Airstart is underneith the belly of the plane close to number 1 so they start number 2.. Md 80's you start number 1 engine because there too high up to worry about getting jetblasted. However I doubt unless you go under your controls & sabotage the apu from starting I doubt you'll ever have the need to start engines at the gate unless you just want to simulate it.. However for most part there is no need to have engines running at the gate.. Wait until your pushed back or being pushed back to start them..   :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:45:24 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2011, 08:34:26 am »
Have a ramp agent on a tug, pulling a flat-bed cart with the Orange Gatorade jugs dropping them off to each of the ramps & picking up the empties...

Well, it's surely nice, but maybe a little bit over the top. However, the Catering truck will have animation of people going back and forth over the catwalk, pulling empty food carts to be replaced with new ones.

And, we are already linking some effect to the meteo. For example, when it's raining/snowing, the baggage loader truck model will have a cover.

Just a thought..   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:46:15 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

skimmer

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2011, 06:47:17 pm »
Did you mention how much space this will take on hard drive?
Also can we speed up or slow the process, as we can with FS flight option?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2011, 08:22:57 pm »
Did you mention how much space this will take on hard drive?

The program itself is very small, the final size depends mainly how many vehicles/people variations we'll have so now, we don't have any idea. The program doesn't really have any limitation on the number or vehicles and, especially, repaints. I guess we'll have a GSX repaints Download section here...

skimmer

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 07:34:23 am »
Ok thats great.What about my 2nd question. :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2011, 03:04:02 pm »
Probably do it through the simulation rate, but why would you want to?   :)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

skimmer

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »
Oh,Bruce Bruce,some of us are in a hurry.Some aint. Get it. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:46:21 pm by skimmer »

rsvette12

« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2011, 05:24:30 am »
Why would you have them running at the gate anyway ?? I'm not understanding this question..

Why I asked is it takes quite a bit of time to go thru the complete startup process and I am referring to the pmdg 747 sometimges I just want to get out of a parking spot with engines running, I know lazy lol
Oh by the way you can be pushed back in native fsx in any heavy aircraft.

Rich
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:28:07 am by rsvette12 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2011, 08:13:30 am »
Please, don't divert off topic, and don't launch into personal attacks. And besides, GSX will have an option to have "everyone go away" if you want to depart quickly. Vehicles will not disappear but, will complete their services immediately, and will leave the parking as soon as possible.

#1-Stunna

• Virtual Air Jamaica
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »
This should go great with Flight :)

Soya

« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2011, 01:32:28 am »
I certainly will be looking forward to the release of this product. I already use AES but from the sounds of things, GSX should work along side it without any problems.

One question though, with AES there is a remote program utility which basically allows another PC to control the ground options on the FSX pc so the screen doesn't get cluttered with menus (very useful when recording videos to impress your friends). Will GSX come with a similar remote utility to be able to control the menus and options via a different PC?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:34:54 am by Soya »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2011, 11:01:04 am »
One question though, with AES there is a remote program utility which basically allows another PC to control the ground options on the FSX pc so the screen doesn't get cluttered with menus (very useful when recording videos to impress your friends). Will GSX come with a similar remote utility to be able to control the menus and options via a different PC?

The screen shouldn't be cluttered with menus, since GSX will use standard FSX transparent menus, like the ATC, which disappear after a command has been issued.