Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295190 times)

KBDL09

Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2011, 04:50:27 am »
This looks really cool! What I would like to see, but would be pretty hard, would be that you have actual people that board your aircraft from the jetways, or stairs, and sit down inside your plane. You takeoff, bring them to their destination,and then they go out of your plane. Would be very realistic! Is there a way to do this? Also is there a way to use all the stuff, but not the stairs if you have a jetway at the airport?

-thank you
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:53:29 am by KBDL09 »

cowings1588

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2011, 05:07:35 am »
I thought of something cool to go with your GSX today.. However I haven't decided whether it should be something to worry about right away or wait until you do updates on it later.. I'll leave that for you to decide.. But in places especially Hubs like DFW for AA & well if you had Houston but seeing your doing GSX for all airports you could still do this for Houston I guess, & Miami & places that are Hot during summer time months..

Have a ramp agent on a tug, pulling a flat-bed cart with the Orange Gatorade jugs dropping them off to each of the ramps & picking up the empties.. I seen this actually happen when we pulled into the gate in Houston, shortly after we were parked you'd see the ramp agent pull up with one of the orange gatorade jugs for the ramp agents.. Especially in places like Houston,Dallas, Phoenix & Las Vegas where it gets hot.. They'd usually put it on a stool or flat level platform & have it sitting next to the aircraft until they got ready to push..

Its upto you guys though.. I thought it was kind of cool idea though especially in Hot enviroments like Dallas & Houston & Phoenix & Las Vegas.. Gotta keep the rampers hydrated..  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:22:17 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2011, 01:31:41 pm »
What I would like to see, but would be pretty hard, would be that you have actual people that board your aircraft from the jetways, or stairs, and sit down inside your plane.

We are working on passengers coming out of the stairs and walking to the bus.

However, seeing them sitting inside the airplane might be too much: they'll probably disappear into the airplane body, which is basically the same effect, as long as you see the airplane from outside.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2011, 01:34:43 pm »
Have a ramp agent on a tug, pulling a flat-bed cart with the Orange Gatorade jugs dropping them off to each of the ramps & picking up the empties...

Well, it's surely nice, but maybe a little bit over the top. However, the Catering truck will have animation of people going back and forth over the catwalk, pulling empty food carts to be replaced with new ones.

And, we are already linking some effect to the meteo. For example, when it's raining/snowing, the baggage loader truck model will have a cover.

theshack440

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2011, 04:23:01 pm »
Also is there a way to use all the stuff, but not the stairs if you have a jetway at the airport?

If you are at a gate with working jetways, the stairs and the bus will not show up. They only come when GSX can tell that there is no working jetway at the gate

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

KBDL09

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2011, 07:51:11 pm »
What I would like to see, but would be pretty hard, would be that you have actual people that board your aircraft from the jetways, or stairs, and sit down inside your plane.

However, seeing them sitting inside the airplane might be too much: they'll probably disappear into the airplane body, which is basically the same effect, as long as you see the airplane from outside.

I was thinking of having an editor like in AES where you take one of your aircraft, and define where the seats are. The passengers get on the plane, walk up the aisle , most likely defined in the editor or GMAX, and just sit down in a random seat you define via the editor. Doesnt need to be pre programmed, but let the consumer do the editing of the aircraft, but through a program, instead of going through massive cfg files.

toriu

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2011, 09:21:20 pm »
This look really good. Well done team! I will definitely purchase when it's ready. :-*
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

Silverbird

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2011, 09:32:55 pm »
Read 4602 times! lol  :o glade the intrest for gsx is very high  :) its gonna be lots of fun. it took a long time but this is excacly what many of us wanted for a few years now. 8) thank goodness for the coutal script engine. and other things that make it work.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:34:41 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

JamesChams

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2011, 02:57:03 am »
FSDT Staff,

Great Preview! 8)
1. Love the authentic movement of work being done (loading/driving).
2. Like the overall animations and smoothness etc of the operations.
3. Vehicles look authentic with drivers and move correctly.
4. Love the 3D surround sound features; a must have, IMHO.

My request(s):
  • 1). Make the luggages have 4 different colors (colours) - typical colors are red, blue, black, and grey.  Seems like you got two of the standard 4.  It just looks more real to have a little more variety in IMHO, but I won't "cry" if you don't for some reason.
  • 2). Love the animations, but hopefully you can fix the loading of vehicles (at startup) into the jetways etc. I know its WIP.
  • 3). Also, in the ParkMe/YouControl FSX Addon Menu interface, have an option (check box) to always have the GSX load by default. For users to not always have to choose the command to make it load after the Flight loads.  Would be nice to automate that feature in GSX and let people with AES, manually load that for certain airports only, etc.  See what you can do, this is just a request.
  • 4). Since your making different vehicle logos for airline/transport/cargo/etc. for selected location regions, etc.  Could you also make the humans of different races?  I would not like to see the same "White-skin, black-haired, 6ft Italian crew member" at an Airport in India or Korea or Japan, etc.  Just an "idea" for some authenticity and flexibility in future versions of the program.  I'm thinking especially for the global (payware) version here.  But, as before, if you can't/won't then only I might "cry" when I see the same "dude" at each airport.
  • 5). Can your "intelligence software" communicate human behavioral commands between crew members?  Meaning, when the guy is finished loading the baggage carts, he signals to the driver, who then moves on - just for a little more accurate scripting in behavior.  Again, this is just my request/MHO; so if you can, otherwise we'll live with what can be achieved.
  • 6). Can "Progressive Taxi" or "Repositon" implementations be done via this package?  i.e. Have ground crew (or tower) clear aircraft to deicing area and have GSX crew indicate to pilot via (radio) voice comms what is done/completed, etc.  Something that is done in the "real world."  Again, just a idea.
  • 7). Will you be simulating animated Passenger boarding based on FSX weight info for airlines/commuters?  That idea jumped out at me when I saw the passanger bus pull up to the (stairs) ramp truck.  Again, just an idea.
  • 8 ). Individual Volume controls on a page in ParkMe/YouControl FSX Addon Menu.  This would allow for users to control the level of sound for each volume levels of things like the warning siren of the loader.  Which can get very loud and annoying in a surrond sound environment. (eg. I have had to put up with that from AES'; so please don't do without that here).
More later, that's enough for now.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:24:14 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

777captain

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2011, 03:35:32 am »
Great Preview! 8)
1. Love the authentic movement of work being done (loading/driving).
2. Like the overall animations and smoothness etc of the operations.
3. Vehicles look authentic with drivers and move correctly.
4. Love the 3D surround sound features; a must have, IMHO.

My request(s):
  • 1). Make the luggages have 4 different colors (colours) - typical colors are red, blue, black, and grey.  Seems like you got two of the standard 4.  It just looks more real to have a little more variety in IMHO, but I won't "cry" if you don't for some reason.
  • 2). Love the animations, but hopefully you can fix the loading of vehicles (at startup) into the jetways etc. I know is WIP.
  • 3). Also, in the ParkMe/YouControl FSX Addon Menu interface, have an option (check box) to always have the GSX load by default. For users to not always have to choose the command to make it load after the Flight loads.  Would be nice to automate that feature in GSX and let people with AES, manually load that for certain airports only, etc.  See what you can do, this is just a request.
  • 4). Since your making different vehicle logos for airline/transport/cargo/etc. for selected location regions, etc.  Could you also make the humans of different races?  I would not like to see the same "White-skin, black-haired, 6ft Italian crew member" at an Airport in India or Korea or Japan, etc.  Just an "idea" for some authenticity and flexibility in future versions of the program.  I'm thinking especially for the global (payware) version here.  But, as before, if you can't/won't then only I might "cry" when I see the same "dude" at each airport.
  • 5). Can your "intelligence software" communicate human behavioral commands between crew members?  Meaning, when the guy is finished loading the baggage carts, he signals to the driver, who then moves on - just for a little more accurate scripting in behavior.  Again, this is just my request/MHO; so if you can, otherwise we'll live with what can be achieved.
  • 6). Can "Progressive Taxi" or "Repositon" implementations be done via this package?  i.e. Have ground crew (or tower) clear aircraft to deicing area and have GSX crew indicate to pilot via (radio) voice comms what is done/completed, etc.  Something that is done in the "real world."  Again, just a idea.
  • 7). Will you be simulating animated Passenger boarding based on FSX weight info for airlines/commuters?  That idea jumped out at me when I saw the passanger bus pull up to the (stairs) ramp truck.  Again, just an idea.
  • 8 ). Individual Volume controls on a page in ParkMe/YouControl FSX Addon Menu.  This would allow for users to control the level of sound for each volume levels of things like the warning siren of the loader.  Which can get very loud and annoying in a surrond sound environment. (eg. I have had to put up with that from AES'; so please don't do without that here).
More later, that's enough for now.  

1. Already answered
2. Already answered
3. More than likely that will be implemented, but I agree with that.
4. That would be good, but hard to code?
5. That will probably be set-up that when the baggage loader is finished, the system will then make someone wave and then about 5 secs. after they depart.
6. AES does that with pushback so probably.
7. Answered like 2 replies above you man.
8. Just change your 'environment' settings in FSX.

cowings1588

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2011, 08:03:08 am »

I'm gotta go with Virtuali on this one.. Thats asking alittle too much.. I'll be happy that we'll just have ramp agents..    :)

What I was thinking though was especially in Hubs, have a ramp supervisor driving around in like a golf cart going around offering overtime or just to check in on them..  As well as like I said a guy that drives around with a tug & a flat cart attached to his tug, with Gatorade containers to drop off at the ramp during Spring & Summer time in Southwest State Hubs like Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Atlanta etc...
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2011, 08:11:02 am »
Have a ramp agent on a tug, pulling a flat-bed cart with the Orange Gatorade jugs dropping them off to each of the ramps & picking up the empties...

Well, it's surely nice, but maybe a little bit over the top. However, the Catering truck will have animation of people going back and forth over the catwalk, pulling empty food carts to be replaced with new ones.

And, we are already linking some effect to the meteo. For example, when it's raining/snowing, the baggage loader truck model will have a cover.

Virtuali.. Actually as real ramp agent, belt loaders don't have covers, we wore rain coats.. If you didn't see a storm coming or if it came on us quick, we just simply got wet..  Most times we'd be in the famous Yellow rain gear which during the summer was a pain, sometimes it was better just to get wet because you'd sweat yourself to death inside the yellow rain gear..  It held alot of heat on a stuffy 90 degree summer day with 80 % humidity..  lol  Not kidding either.. Life of a ramp agent though...  :)  However keep it realistic.. Maybe they might put a plastic bag over the seat but no belt loader has a cover only pushbacks & tugs have them.. Just being realistic from a real ramp agent point of view.. Keep it real... 
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2011, 08:25:52 am »
Virtuali.. You mentioned you were going to be putting in different kinds of Pushbacks.. Alot of the Hubs are going with the newer standard pushbacks where its high in the back & lower in the front for the uncovered ones & also ones called super tugs where they lift the planes nose wheel up & push it back that way & was wondering if you'd be adding those kind ??  Especially like in Houston, Atlanta, Dallas.. 

Continental even has smaller version of super tugs for there Smaller regional jets there just alittle smaller than the Super bigger pushback but there also called SuperTug & lift the nose wheel on the ERJ & CRJ's...
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2011, 12:15:49 pm »
Alot of the Hubs are going with the newer standard pushbacks where its high in the back & lower in the front

We are using this kind of model already, and there will be others as well

phenocom

« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »
Will GSX be incorporated into Lax?