Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295193 times)

rsvette12

Pushback Question
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2011, 04:33:34 am »
Still have not seen answer to my question, will I have to shut down before push back would like to have the option not to if I wish, thank you.

Rich

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Question
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2011, 01:33:59 pm »
Still have not seen answer to my question, will I have to shut down before push back would like to have the option not to if I wish, thank you.

Normally you have, having to turn off engines is what triggers the GSX menu to offer all various parking services. We'll see if it would make sense to allow push-back with engines on, without disrupting the whole program logic.

jhz94

Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34:29 pm »
Will it be possible to change the ground handler between different airports?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2011, 05:25:50 pm »
Will it be possible to change the ground handler between different airports?

Yes, there will be multiple liveries for ground vehicles, made using the standard FSX format for airplanes. However, we added additional commands to the sim.cfg, which will allow for geographical localization of vehicles, based on the ICAO codes.

Here's a very simple example of what can be done, taken from the sim.cfg of the Catering vehicle:

[fltsim.0]
title=FSDT_catering_01_GGourm
model=01
texture=GGourmet

[fltsim.1]
title=FSDT_catering_01_LSG
model=01
texture=LSG

[fltsim.2]
title=FSDT_catering_01_Cathai
model=01
texture=Cathai
couatl.icaoprefixes = VH

[fltsim.3]
title=FSDT_catering_01_Emirates
model=01
texture=Emirates
couatl.icaoprefixes = OB OE OM OO

Here we have 4 standard [fltsim] sections, just like any other airplane, in this case we have a single base model with 4 different liveries. But, there are Couatl commands added, in this case the "Couatl.icaoprefixes" commands instructs the program about location preferences for that specific livery.

If there's no preference, that vehicle can appear anywhere in the world and if there are many valid alternatives, will be chosen at random. Note that, valid alternatives means correct for the user airplane selected, based on the door's height.

If there's a preference, the vehicle will appear at a certain airport or region, with multiple choices possible.

In this example, we have the "Gate Gourmet" and the "LSG" variations without any preference. This specific catering vehicle has an additional constraint (there's another section in the sim.cfg for them) that will only work with airplanes with a door higher than 2.5 meters from ground. This means, both Gate Gourmet and LSG have a random chance to appear anywhere in the world, but only if the airplane used has a door at least 2.5 meters (smaller airplanes will use smaller vehicles).

Instead, the "Cathai" variation has a Couatl.icaoprefixes set to VH, meaning it will appear only at airports with ICAO code starting with VH (Hong Kong)

The "Emirates" version has multiple preferences set at OB OE OM and OO, and will appear in airports with ICAO codes starting with those letters (Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Oman, etc..)

It's possible to go finer than that, and specify a full ICAO code, like LSZH or KJFK. This will allow to represent handling companies specific to an airport.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:44:44 pm by virtuali »

SteveToms

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2011, 05:36:13 pm »
Will this be compatible with AES? So I can use the jetways at 3rd party airports?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »
Will this be compatible with AES? So I can use the jetways at 3rd party airports?

This depends on AES, if it will allow to use just its own jetways. We can't selectively turn on/off AES features from our side.

rsvette12

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »
Thank so much  :) Virtuali really appreciate your reply, take care can't wait.

Regards, Rich

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »
I'm really excited to get this..........

SteveToms

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2011, 06:11:56 am »

This depends on AES, if it will allow to use just its own jetways. We can't selectively turn on/off AES features from our side.

Can I turn off GSX at certain airports or disable it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2011, 11:46:17 am »
Can I turn off GSX at certain airports or disable it?

There's no need to do it. Unless you press the Youcontrol hotkey (default CTRL+F12), it doesn't do anything or doesn't show anything.

theshack440

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2011, 03:47:22 pm »
Sorry to ask again but I'm curious if when you have a larger plane with two cargo doors will the trucks do the loading/de-loading on both doors?

Regards, looking forward to GSX!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2011, 07:07:40 pm »
Sorry to ask again but I'm curious if when you have a larger plane with two cargo doors will the trucks do the loading/de-loading on both doors?

Yes, in theory, provided they are flagged as multiple cargo door in the aircraft.cfg. For example, the default A321 shows two animated cargo doors, but only one is listed in the aircraft.cfg. We can include a separate database with popular airplanes, but there can't be an universal solution in this case. Depending on how much time we have, we'll include a way to edit doors interactively.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:09:11 pm by virtuali »

Silverbird

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2011, 07:13:05 pm »

Yes, in theory, provided they are flagged as multiple cargo door in the aircraft.cfg. For example, the default A321 shows two animated cargo doors, but only one is listed in the aircraft.cfg. We can include a separate database with popular airplanes, but there can't be an universal solution in this case. Depending on how much time we have, we'll include a way to edit doors interactively.

Umberto aes was limited in that part when the cargo doors were on other side and for cargo planes lucky gsx can be updated easier then aes. I guess if possible include it in a update so it wont delay further the release. its just thought I know you guys have your hands full with 2 other scenerys being worked on.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

theshack440

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2011, 07:23:36 pm »

If we were to edit the .cfg ourselves would that makes things easier (if I am understanding this correctly)? Hope it works out though and last thing I want to do it delay the process of development and release so just a suggestion,

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2011, 08:17:13 pm »
Depending on how much time we have, we'll include a way to edit doors interactively.

How about reading the intelliscene files that so many of us already have?  Make that easy.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock