Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295247 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2011, 12:31:17 am »
I noticed in the movie that the GSX service vehicles popped into view as needed...

Thank for the question, which gives me the chance to illustrate how complex GSX really is...

If there is any way that problem can be eliminated it would, to me, be a huge reason to buy GSX.  I would imagine that it would not be an easy thing to do but it would add exponentially to the realism of the sim+GSX. 

Possibly inserting the appropriate service vehicles in their logical places at the user AC's assigned gate well before the user's AC arrives??? 

That's exactly how it works...:)

In the video, the airplane started already at the gate, which is why the vehicles popped up.

However, even if you start at a gate, not all vehicles pops up like that, only those that are usually placed very close to a gate, which we called "parking services".

Other vehicles not shown on the video, which are not usually parked very close to a gate, like the Catering vehicle, the Passengers bus, the GPU, the De-icers, don't pop up even if you start at a gate, but they follow a path from a parking stand of "vehicle" or "fuel" type (if the AFCAD has it) or any random parking in that area. It's only the passengers Stairs and the baggage loader which pops up and only if you start at a gate.

BUT...

That menu you saw on the video was the "parking" menu, that appears when you are at a parking stand with engines off. If you just landed and are taxiing to the gate, the in-game menu wil be different, showing options to select your parking and, if you want, being guided there by a Follow me vehicle. Once you told GSX your destination, it will immediately prepare the parking with the needed vehicles, so you won't notice any popup and, if there's a docking system will place it and if there isn't, a marshaller will wait for you. This for the "close to the parking" kind of vehicles. All the others will always have to reach the destination parking by travelling, possibly even a long way, depending on the airport.

Of course, all travelling vehicles will respect the "vehicles" paths in the AFCAD so, if the AFCAD has been made correctly, they'll follow a realistic route. In absence of proper vehicle paths, they'll just use the regular taxiways network.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:36 am »
Nice preview. I especially like the part where the air stair truck drive through the jetway :D

That's simply means we are still debugging code so, we turn off lots of checks for ease of maintenance. Normally, there wouldn't be any stairway at that place, because there's already a real jetway.

In case of usage with a 3rd party scenery in which jetways are just part of the graphic and not contained in the AFCAD as jetways, GSX will consider it not having a jetway and will use stairs and the bus.

capthill

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2011, 01:03:11 am »
Looks fantastic! a very real threat to AES.

Do you have a more accurate release date than 2011. second or first half of the year?

Rich

fls

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2011, 02:08:42 am »
Just my own two cents when it comes to gate moving to aircraft or tram bridge I prefer the Gate. When the airport does not support the gate the tram is fine. I only buy addon airports with moving gates, It just so much more relistic. I think the tram is more for General Aviation parking or no gate present or static gate. Looking forward to this and LAX. I will wait to see how it works then I might uses AES only for FS2004 since I fly both sims because I can't seem to give up some old aircraft or scenery.

FRANK SCHNEIDER

FNLU

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2011, 02:45:18 am »
Ref reply #62:  Perfect!  Thank you for your explanation Sr. Colapicchioni.  It seems you people have prepared well.  I look forward to its release and my purchase.

Walter

wb2002

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2011, 03:59:36 am »
I think this is wonderful and keeps interest in FSX anew. I am amazed at the new and interesting addons for FSX other than the usual. It is good to see the level of detail in the operations of the baggage carts following the track individually rather than acting like they are glued together as one. I, too, am looking forward to its release and purchase and wish you continued success of your exceptional scenery.

This news is coming at a time when I am waiting with eagerness for the release of X-Plane 10. With that in mind, will  your sceneries and addons such as this be made available for X-Plane?

wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
2x150GB SATA WD Raptor-No Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16-No Raid
2x SATA DRW-24B1ST/EVGA GTX285 2Gigs/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU
3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case Fans
Danger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controller
FSX + ACC @ 1920/1080 |UTX/GEX/FEX/REX/MTX/ASE/UT2/ESDG CX20X/PMDG747+EXT8/CS-767/CLS MD81-82/SkySIM D-C9/ESCX20X/RC-4/FSG/DBS-WAF/FollowMe/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:02:32 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2011, 05:12:58 am »

Not really, Oliver has a loyal fan base.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cowings1588

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2011, 06:04:50 am »
I like it.. I'm deffantly getting it.. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the driving the vehicles under the wing.. I had a problem with the default vehicles doing this.. When they pulled up to the plane they were fine, but its when they pulled away from my ERJ & CRJ's they would try to go under the wing of them & crash into my smaller planes..

Umberto said that he will try to make sure that that doesn't happen by reseting some start/end/path way points because someone else brought it up earlier. I'm sure they will take that into consideration.

Regards

Cool..
COA
Bill

cowings1588

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2011, 06:29:41 am »
Nice preview. I especially like the part where the air stair truck drive through the jetway :D

That's simply means we are still debugging code so, we turn off lots of checks for ease of maintenance. Normally, there wouldn't be any stairway at that place, because there's already a real jetway.

In case of usage with a 3rd party scenery in which jetways are just part of the graphic and not contained in the AFCAD as jetways, GSX will consider it not having a jetway and will use stairs and the bus.

Like for example Blueprint & imaginesim that does not allow for working jetways & more or less static jetways that are just there for looks but will not operate like your scenery & FlyTampa's & others that still allow for moving jetway.
COA
Bill

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2011, 08:12:50 am »

Not really, Oliver has a loyal fan base.  ;)

Yes, +1 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2011, 08:39:11 am »
.....a very real threat to AES.

I don't think that GSX is meant to be a "threat" as you say. It's just a different product that offers another option for those who want a similar style product that will work at all airports.

Since its not for FS9 I am sure that AES will continue to thrive for the FS9 users/market and for the FSX market as well since it handles jetways for sceneries that dont already have moving jetways.

Personally, I am excited about it since I have never invested a dime in AES since most of my airports already have moving jetways and FSX already includes a minimal number of service vehicles like the baggage cart and push back tug. I will buy GSX though since it works EVERYWHERE and I dont have to worry about buying credits and deciding which airports I want to use them for. Considering the amount of addon airports I own for FSX, it would probably cost me a few hundred bucks to buy enough credits to enable AES at all of them and I still wouldn't have the AES stuff at the default airports.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2011, 04:08:52 pm »
..it would probably cost me a few hundred bucks to buy enough credits to enable AES at all of them..

With a dozen serial numbers, my credit card can certainly vouch for that.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

waleed

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2011, 05:44:57 pm »
..it would probably cost me a few hundred bucks to buy enough credits to enable AES at all of them..

With a dozen serial numbers, my credit card can certainly vouch for that.   ;D

;D

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2011, 09:08:40 pm »
Umberto, will GSX have any use for small GA aircraft at all?

TShoemaker

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2011, 11:01:54 pm »
Awesome looking product...can't wait until I use this once I come back from Iraq (as well as all of the upcoming projects you may produce until then). Will GSX also support cargo aircraft as well?