Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295224 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 06:34:08 am »
Someone else mention this too & I'm going too add too it.. Before its release, can you add a few more different colored bags like a few black ones, drk brown ones & even silver colored bags & maybe couple boxes..  :)

Like the other person was saying you got hardly any black ones & mostly alot red ones.. I handle luggage everyday & I see more black then I do any other colors & some boxes mixed in..  :)  

LOL, yeah that was me. It was hard not too notice all those red bags, too many imho. Maybe red suit cases are more common in Italy/Europe, or it was a charter flight for the Cincinnati Reds, hence all the red bags, lol.

I'm sure Umberto and team can add some more colors before release though.

Orion

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 06:57:32 am »
Very cool! ;D

Travis

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 07:07:16 am »
Umberto,

You mentioned liveries that could be targeted to a region, nation or airport.  Could GSX support liveries for certain objects per-airline?  So if I'm flying an Iberia liner, I would get Iberia-labeled baggage trucks.

Do you plan on an API so that 3rd parties could - for example - call for a GSX fuel truck, be notified that the fuel truck has connected, and then tell GSX that the a/c has finished loading so the GSX truck could disconnect?  Ditto for de-icers and other ground support functions.

Finally a non-truck related question - will there be speech?  If so will there be the capability for multiple languages?
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 08:25:53 am »
Wow, amazing stuff Umberto and the FSDT team.  I must say, I will be sticking with AES for two reason: 1) I like the individual personalization on 3rd party airports that AES does (which you smartly noticed is the BEST and WORST feature of AES) and 2) I only use FS9.

But wow, this looks like a powerful product that I can only assume will sell very well.  Nice job!

I copy that..  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 10:37:12 am »
You mentioned liveries that could be targeted to a region, nation or airport.  Could GSX support liveries for certain objects per-airline?  So if I'm flying an Iberia liner, I would get Iberia-labeled baggage trucks.

That's an interesting suggestion, it might be the lowest level of customization. Right now the customization is made by looking at the ICAO code of the airport you are in, with a pattern matching to a string in the vehicle SIM.CFG file so, for example, a GSX vehicle with a "KJFK" pattern, will appear ONLY at KJFK, and a vehicle with "K" only will appear in every airport with an ICAO starting with K. In Europe, one could use "ED" to create german-only vehicles. But yes, adding an airline specification might be useful.

Do you plan on an API so that 3rd parties could - for example - call for a GSX fuel truck, be notified that the fuel truck has connected, and then tell GSX that the a/c has finished loading so the GSX truck could disconnect? 

This might be possible for us, but I somewhat doubt the willingness of airplane developers to embrace an API. We'll try to do things that make sense on our own, when possible. For example, the when the GSX Fuel Truck arrives, it will automatically trigger the default FSX Loading page. It will be then up to the user to use it or not.

rsvette12

Pushback Question
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 04:22:24 pm »
Hi virtuali:

Any chance if you could tell me if we will be able to use pushback with aircraft running, thank you.

Regards, Rich

goodperson36

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 05:21:08 pm »
The only question is why is this only being done for FSX and not FS9 I mean FS 9 is not dead it seems everything is going FSX In my own opinion I don't believe that FSX is the latest and greatest but then again I don't reallly care much about the program Meaning FSX.
I know that there are alot of thing that can be done for FS9 that there doing for FSX. With animated stuff flytampa looks like thay do stuff for FS9 they looks like FSX stuff. Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Pushback Question
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 05:38:01 pm »
Any chance if you could tell me if we will be able to use pushback with aircraft running

I'm guessing no.  In the real world, startup is done during or after push.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 05:43:58 pm »
The only question is why is this only being done for FSX and not FS9

There's simply no way this could be ever done in FS9 for many reasons:

- FS9 doesn't support vertex-skinned animations, which are crucial to create realistic people. When FSX came out, many joked about the fact it included walking animals, but that technology, which FS9 doesn't support at all, is what makes humans animations possible as well.

- FS9 doesn't support the concept of Simobjects and Ground vehicles, which are special cases of airplanes that can be controlled using Simconnect, which is not available on FS9 either.

- The whole program logic is made using our Python script engine, that we made for FSX only, and it wouldn't be possible in FS9 either, since it also relies heavily on Simconnect.

So no, it's not a commercial choice, it's a technical choice and, in fact, there's no choice at all: this stuff simply can't done in FS9.

01pewterz28

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »
Looks like I will be adding this to my FSX (No more FS9 I have finally moved away from that great sim) line up :)

Sean

dodi

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 11:28:11 pm »
Hi !

Looks really great, i especially like the animated baggage crew.

As the video does not show, will the gates also be animated? How does the pushback function, will it push the plane exactly to the centerline of the taxiway?

Thanks you very much

Christian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 11:37:18 pm »
As the video does not show, will the gates also be animated?

This was answered a couple of post before:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4137.msg37031#msg37031

How does the pushback function, will it push the plane exactly to the centerline of the taxiway?

Yes, it will position the airplane on the the closest taxiway in the direction you chose.

FNLU

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2011, 11:51:14 pm »
The one thing that always bugged me about AES (a fantastic product, by the way!) is the popping-in of the service vehicles.  I noticed in the movie that the GSX service vehicles popped into view as needed... If there is any way that problem can be eliminated it would, to me, be a huge reason to buy GSX.  I would imagine that it would not be an easy thing to do but it would add exponentially to the realism of the sim+GSX. 

Possibly inserting the appropriate service vehicles in their logical places at the user AC's assigned gate well before the user's AC arrives???  Between the time that the user's AC lands and receives it's gate assignment and the time it arrives at it's assigned gate???  In most real flights I've been on  the service vehicles are already parked and waiting for the plane to arrive at it's gate... 

To me anyway, this would add value to your product... 

Good job!!! and Thank you.

Walter

jordanal

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:50 am »
Pretty cool guys; I was really surprised to see luggage actually being loaded on multiple carts.

I have just one very serious question about this product!

Will you loose my luggage like the real-world too?   :P   ;D
Regards,
Al

#1-Stunna

• Virtual Air Jamaica
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2011, 12:26:45 am »
Nice preview. I especially like the part where the air stair truck drive through the jetway :D