Author Topic: PHNL partially missing jetways  (Read 8383 times)

Pooch

PHNL partially missing jetways
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:27:42 pm »
After a clean re-install of FSX Acceleration I re-installed PHNL and noticed that a major number of jetties is missing, mainly at the Interisland Terminal and the Central Concourse plus some others.
In addition to PHNL I have installed FSDT Hawaii 1, Megascenery Hawaii X, FSG mesh.

Any idea ?

Thanks
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL partially missing jetways
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:09:16 am »
Jetways are contained in the AFCAD file, there might be a couple of reasons why you don't see them:

- You are not using the AFCAD that comes with the product. In this case, uninstall the scenery, remove its folder if is still there, then reinstall it. This will ensure all files are those that comes with the scenery

- You have set your Scenery Complexity Slider too low

- You have installed AES, which excludes all our jetways to replace them with its own, but something is wrong with it so, our jetways are excluded, but you don't see the replacement ones.

- You have another scenery installed, that is excluding the jetways (and probably other things too). This is *usually* solved by putting KFLL at the top of the Scenery Library layer, which is where our installer puts in anyway.

- You have a duplicated conflicting AFCAD from another scenery, in this case use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find a duplicate AFCAD for PHNL.

- You are seeing jetways from a distance, and LOD optimization enters in effect, replacing the complex model with a simpler one.

Pooch

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 02:13:49 pm »
I will follow your hints and hopefully solve the problem.

Grazie
Peter

Pooch

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:11:49 am »
Problem solved.
Thanks
Peter

C525B

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:32:20 pm »
I have this same issue...seems to be a new problem after I installed the 1.0.5 update.  I tried all solutions listed above, including a clean uninstall/re-install of HNL with the full 1.0.5 installer.

-I don't have AES
-FS scenery complexity set to very dense
-Anti-popup in addon manager set to highest value, altitude cull is off
-Searched for other AFCADs and sceneries
-FSDT PHNL moved to level 1 in scenery library

I'd revert to 1.0.4 or 1.0.3 if I could, but I don't have those files any more.  This is kind of vexing since the interisland terminal is where I do almost all of my flying at HNL.  Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thanks,
David C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:34:47 pm »
Jetways are all visible here, and it can't be anything related to the updated, since no jetways has been changed with it.

No Addon Manager setting will have any influence on jetways, which are handled only by FSX, in the AFCAD. Since you don't have AES, the only possible explanation is another AFCAD in conflict, because another AFCAD is the only thing that is able to exclude jetways.

Note that jetways have several LOD levels so, it's absolutely normal that, over a certain distance (or in Satellite view), their models will become less detailed.

Try the following:

- Uninstall PHNL

- REMOVE its folder, if it's still there ( YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\phnl )

- Reinstall it, using the 1.0.5 full installer, not the update.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:38:25 pm by virtuali »

C525B

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 02:42:24 am »
Thanks, Umberto.  I went through everything again.  I was using windows search to look for AFCADs...for some reason, the search never found the HNL AFCAD that's packaged with Megascenery Oahu.  I only installed that recently, hence my assumption that the 1.0.5 update was causing the problems.  Problem solved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:20 am »
I was using windows search to look for AFCADs...for some reason, the search never found the HNL AFCAD that's packaged with Megascenery Oahu. 

You should use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find AFCAD duplicates.

thony79

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 05:06:10 am »
Hi Umberto... I'm having the same issue with phnl in regards to missing jetways... so far I've uninstalled it then my phnl folder was deleted and did a brand new install.. KFLL is on top of my list and I do use AES.. I have all fs dreamteam sceneries and they all work without any jetways issue...Only phnl has the missing jetways

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:44:52 am »
I repeat and confirm:

No Addon Manager setting or scenery problem will have any influence on jetways, which are handled only by FSX, in the AFCAD.

If you are see the scenery, but not the jetways, there are ONLY 2 possible explanations:

- AES has excluded our jetways, but for some reason can't activate its own. In this case, it's an AES problem which you should ask on AES forum.

- You have a duplicate AFCAD coming from ANOTHER scenery (or AI traffic package) which is excluding our AFCAD. Jetways are in the AFCAD so, a duplicate AFCAD will remove our jetways. To find AFCAD duplicates, you have to use the free FSX Airport Scanner.