Author Topic: Default Textures showing up at eastern part of airport  (Read 5289 times)

Boeing787

Default Textures showing up at eastern part of airport
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:56:14 am »
Hello,

For some reason the default textures for the airport seem to be appearing at the eastern part of the airport around the military base. It's pretty strange, because when at some altitude the scenery textures are there, but once close to ground level the default textures appear. There is a definite line too where the default textures start to appear and where the scenery textures still remain. The pictures I provided will explain what i mean.

Thanks,
Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default Textures showing up at eastern part of airport
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:02:08 am »
Doesn't happen here, your screenshots shows you probably have mesh settings too low, try Mesh Resolution at 10m/pixel and Complexity at 100.

Also, be sure you don't have any conflicting AFCAD files for PHNL. You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find AFCAD duplicates (select the Download center on that site)

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/

And of course, in addition to be sure you removed all AFCAD duplicates, you must leave the scenery at the top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer automatically puts them.

Boeing787

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 12:03:48 am »
I have my mesh resolution at 10 and my complexity at 100, but this is still happening. I did that scan and and there were duplicate files, although I don't think they are AFCADS. The scan brought up two files: AP_PHNL.BGL and FSDT_PHNL_ALT.BGL. Should one of those be removed?

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:03:27 am »
Ok, we are checking it, because I can see it from certain angles.

Boeing787

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 05:52:49 am »
Thanks Umberto for checking on that, I was slewing around the scenery when I noticed this, and maybe that's why nobody has brought it up before because it is at a more obscure part of the airport. But, I must say the scenery is very impressive!! I did notice a few minor things though and I'm not sure if this problem will require a patch/update but if it does, or whenever there is an update in the future, I was wondering if you could look into these.

1) I noticed that the perimeter fencing around the airport stops suddenly on the west side of taxiway Romeo Bravo (see the picture below). Maybe you guys meant it to be this way, and if so that's cool :)

2) Two of the runways have runway-edge lighting, but the other two don't (4L/22R, 4R/22L). Could those be implemented?

3) I was reading on wikipedia that Honolulu airport has had "a new parking garage across from the International Arrivals terminal has been completed. Current projects include an international arrivals corridor with moving sidewalks built atop the breezeway leading to the Ewa Concourse. The first phase of the project was completed in October 2009, with the remainder slated to be completed in 2010, and "
Future near-term projects include construction of a Mauka Concourse branching off the Interisland Terminal, the first concourse expansion at HNL in 15 years. Construction of the concourse will involve replacing the existing Commuter Terminal." I was just wondering what your guy's policy is on updating your sceneries as they get updated in real life? I guess they would have to be noticeable in the scenery and to be honest I don't know how much has changed with the terminal since you guys released the airport.

Also, have you guys ever thought about adding wig-wags (those flashing lights at hold-short points) to your sceneries? Pure eye candy I know ::)

I guess these are just minor thoughts to maybe consider if you guys decide to update Honolulu, but in any case, the airport looks very nice after exploring it some more (I've mainly been flying around Lihue).

Thanks for your help and hopefully you guys can figure out that texture problem  :)

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:18:39 pm »
Joel, I will call you the bug hunter ;D
Going to fix most of them.
Thank you for reporting.

Point 3
I am aware of all of this but it's too early to change:
Here the future project for PHNL
http://www.hawaiiairportsmodernization.com/3/what-were-doing-now