Author Topic: anyone knows how to use EZCA?  (Read 10145 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
anyone knows how to use EZCA?
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:20:30 am »
i know this is not the hard place, but i wanted EZCA just to be able to control the "camera" in world space...
i dont care about setting up fixed cameras around the plane, or dynamic movements, or anything, i just want a controlable free camera, wich i cant seem to achieve with EZCA, although they promise you can.

any1?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: anyone knows how to use EZCA?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:38:20 am »
Fael,

Just got EZCA about a couple of weeks ago.  Still learning it, but so far its been pretty cool although it's payware.  Brings a lot of video production potential to mind.  So far, I spent most of my time playing with the "in-flight effects" such as ground shutter from rolling on wobbly tires or uneven pavement, and the "thud" that's felt from landing on the runway (see video).  Looking through the settings, there are many different parameters that you can toy with such as shuttering to simulate a hand-camera, or turbulence.  You can opt to control the views/zoom features via TrackIR, keyboard or mouse.  Here are a couple of cool videos if you haven't seen them already

Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »
Ezca It's really a great improvement but only if you create your custom camera and then apply shortcut via keybord or button in the joystick.
I always found difficult to rotate and switch Knob even with Trackir, but with EZCA you can setup a camera in front of the panel and quickly go back to a landing view.
You have to understand the logic and setup for each aircraft and you will not fly anymore without it.
The nice addition of animation movements are really immersive IMO.
You can grab some custom profile in Ezca forum I have uploaded my self.
Have fun ;)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 12:57:07 am »
nono, i mean, i dont like the camera movements, in fact i disabled the momentum effect in fsx.

i just want a controlable camera, that i can control with my joystick.
and ezca says they can do it, but i dont know how to.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can as EZCA has tune dials for all extra movements such as the ones you do not like.  If you do not want them, simply turn them off.  Might want to check out EZWC ver. 1_22 as this sounds like what you might be looking for.  Most of the time I am using my mouse and scroll wheel to control the camera, but I am sure there is a way to switch it up to your joystick.  Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:26:46 am »
thats what i want, EZWC. but i cant find it even on their own website. perhaps im blind.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 06:05:42 pm »
i guess EZdok website lacks information about their products. i saw many outdated videos from their dev in youtube, many outdated posts on avsim, and it seems that he changed how this works. first i read EZ free motion camera, then EZ camera add on, then EZ walk camera, and their website only has EZca. and from what you read, it looks like EZca can do what EZwc does, but a friend told me it doesnt, and you need EZwc. and the website says nothing about EZwc, and the only way i got this working is thanks to jimi.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 06:22:41 pm »
also, its worth mentioning, EZCA or any camera addons might be useful for machinima, and movie like effects, but for piloting, its terrible.

in real life, your plane might shake, accelerate, turn, climb, do whatever, you still can point your eyes to a direction, even if your head shakes like crazy. and unless during a turbulence, you can still manage to easily reach a knob with your hand. with the camera movements, you cant.
even the slightest effects suck, when you use your mouse to dial a frequency number, or turn switches in VC that you didnt assign to a joystick button. its even worse than the momentum effect, where you adjust your screen to a good zoom level that you can see everything you need, and then when you accelerate a little bit, you gotta readjust cuz everything turns small. folks, real life has no zoom levels, and humans have panoramic view. fsx runs in a flat monitor, idk how such camera effects can improve the pilots experience. if you want to add movie effects to fsx, then develope it and label as such. this isnt increased realism as devs claim, if you want to do so, make a ejection seat connected to your computer, that shakes accordingly, or something like that.

you know, in fact i had to quit using facetracknoIR becase it wouldt smooth head movements properly. i wanted to keep the camera standing still while my head was static, but it only has deadzones for the center point. lets say i want to look at the right console and start turning knobs and switches with my mouse, for a startup procedure. well, i just cant. camera shakes, and even when it shakes slightly, a pixel is a lot when you're talking computers. i needed it to FREEZE. the smooth filters in the program are even worse. if you increase the smooth treshold, it decreases movement speed with it. if you set smooth to full, in game, when you move your head to certain direction, it will take 100 times more for the camera to reach the position. simply there isnt such a position where you can move your head with a great response, and manage to keep your sight freezed to a certain point later. i never used trackIR, mainly because its expensive as shit for a lame sensor that i might end up shelving, but its probably not much different.

my combination? hat switch for panning + quick button for centering camera in your preferred position.

anyways, just sharing my frustrations :)