Author Topic: Where did the buildings go?  (Read 8622 times)

Sosai X

Where did the buildings go?
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:38:41 am »
Running FS9.1, installed and registered PHNL with no problems whatsoever.  Used it many times without issue.

Then, outta nowhere:

http://i56.tinypic.com/ridaie.jpg

What happened?  And how do I get them back?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:55:24 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Where did the buildings go?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:04:26 am »
I see you have the Addon Manager menu in your FS9 menu so, it doesn't seem to be a problem like antivirus blocking it (it it was, you wouldn't see its menu)

Check you haven't set the Scenery Complexity too low

Check the scenery is still on the Scenery Library and is active

Have you installed something new ? Are you sure you are using the current Addon Manager ? Is PHNL listed there ? If not, you must have done something to downgrade it, if you reinstall PHNL it will be fixed.

arntfs

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:23:51 pm »
Hello,

I just found out I have the exact same problem: I bought and installed KLAS yesterday, do I dont know if there's any link, but I cant have the PHNL scenery to display any longer.
I eventually moved the KLAS scenery under the PHNL scenery in the fs9 library, it doesnt help.

I tested all my other FSDT sceneries (LSZH, LSGG, KORD, KJFK), and they're all ok, only PHNL vanished. Any clues?

The addon manager menu indicates the product is activated, so I really have no idea what's causing this.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:28:33 pm by arntfs »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »
I just found out I have the exact same problem: I bought and installed KLAS yesterday, do I dont know if there's any link, but I cant have the PHNL scenery to display any longer.

You have to download PHNL again and reinstall it, there was an update to it yesterday.

arntfs

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 06:29:39 pm »
Ah Ok, then how shall I do that, unistall and reinstall, of shall I simply install the new one on top?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »
It doesn't make any difference.

arntfs

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 10:45:47 pm »
Thanks, I reinstalled and indeed the 3D objects are back.

Just out of curiosity though, why does this happen? The scenery was working fine two weeks ago. Is it because the Addon Manager, when I installed my newly purchased KLAS yesterday, 'deactivated' PHNL because a newer version was known on the server? I'd like to know.

If so, that's a bit weird, because I got no warning message, I found out my scenery was screwed up because of a random flight that brought me there.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:47:35 pm by arntfs »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 10:52:41 pm »
Just out of curiosity though, why does this happen? The scenery was working fine two weeks ago. Is it because the Addon Manager, when I installed my newly purchased KLAS yesterday, 'deactivated' PHNL because a newer version was known on the server? I'd like to know.

It doesn't have anything to do with the activation: it's just that the Addon Manager needs to check a known file in the scenery folder to see if the scenery is really there, in order not to give unneeded Trial messages if you are flying in the area without the scenery installed and, because of the PHNL update, that file has changed so, by installing KLAS, you got the updated Addon Manager that was looking for the new version inside PHNL, but you still had the old version installed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:55:20 pm by virtuali »

arntfs

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 10:56:01 pm »
Perfect, it sure makes sense now, and i udnerstand why I got no warning messages.

Thanks for the full explanations  :)

SgtMav316

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:55 am »
Following this thread, I think I will have to do the same thing. Oddly though PHNL works in FSX, but it doesnt work in FS9.1. So i will download PHNL again and install it over the version i am using because I am sure it was added using the old Addon manager. Currently no matter how many times I deactivate and reinstall the scenery it just wont show in FS9.

SgtMav316

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 10:55:13 am »
 :) thumbs up, it would seem that you need to upgrade all FSDT downloads if you are running a windows 7 64-bit system. This problem was never encoutered when I used the old ADDON Manager on Windows XP 32 bit system.  ???

But none the less it is working now and I cant complain. I guess when I am ready to purchase Geneva, Zurich, and Hawaii Vol.1 I am going to need to download all the newest links and discard all the old links I had when I tried them out on my old pc ;)