Author Topic: Product Active but no scenery **solved**  (Read 11664 times)

yankeeromeo

Product Active but no scenery **solved**
« on: February 04, 2011, 05:33:50 pm »
Hello FsdreamTeam staff,

Just bought the Hawaiian Airports, installation seem to be OK as i get no "bad" messages during install.
Loaded FSX, then Addon Mngr for activating the product and the serial nbr but when i select the product: 1) product is Active and the "register serial" button is unclickable.
The scenery, mean the 2 airports are not displayed in FSX and not in the Scenery addon like my other FSDT products.
So, i'm stuck for now and don't understand what's going on, my fault ? maybe, but i don't see where.
Could you be kind enough to help me ?
Thanks in advance.
Ciao.

NB: Antiviurs, defender stuff was off.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:57:11 pm by virtuali »
FSXA/Vista64/Core2Duo2.66/Radeon4870/Samsung24'/etc..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Product Active but no scenery
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:36:48 pm »
After a Windows reboot, check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu and the "Couatl powered products" menu under the Addons menu. If you don't have them, it's most likely caused by the antivirus, in this case, do this:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

yankeeromeo

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:37:02 am »
Buongiorno Umberto,
Thanks for your reply. Well, before uninstalling, i checked again with FSX running and i have both the "Addon Manager" menu (with all my products active, except the Hawaiian) and the "Couatl powered products" menu under the Addons menu.
Also, i have since a long time, excluded my whole FSX folder from scanning. (have both the bglmanx.dll and the fsdreamteam\couatl.exe in my FSX folder.)
So, would you suggest uninstaling it anyway ?
Thanks for your help.
Ciao.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:41:59 am »
But have you actually *installed* the scenery ? Is the scenery listed in the Scenery Library ? Is on top of the list, as the installer automatically put it ?

yankeeromeo

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 01:58:16 pm »
No, as indicated in the begining of this post, that's why it's strange !
Do you think that  this scenery is not installed  ???
Maybe my mistake, but don't understand, not my first FSDT products installation, but who's know ;D
What do you suggest for now ?
Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 02:04:19 pm »
No, as indicated in the begining of this post, that's why it's strange !

Please, be more clear: what do you mean here with "no" ? No, the scenery is not installed or no, the scenery is installed but doesn't show on the Scenery Library ?

and not in the Scenery addon like my other FSDT products.

It's not clear what you are referring to: if with "Scenery addon" you mean the "Addon Scenery" folder inside FSX, then no, none of our sceneries resides there and it's not supposed to be there. All our sceneries install into an FSX\fsdreamteam folder.

If, instead, you are referring to the Scenery Library list, then this is surely the problem: the installer should have install the scenery there.

It's possible you installed only the Update ? That would explain it, the Update only adds updated files, but it doesn't re-add the scenery to the Scenery Library, because it's supposed to be already there, since the Full installer added it.

yankeeromeo

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »
Ok, i'm trying to be clearer: I have no trace of this scenery at all, not in FSX\fsdreamteam folder, not when in flight, of course, no nothing.
however in the FSX "Addon Manager" menu is appearing and Active, that's it.
I downloaded the "trial version", as usual, then proceeded to the payment etc...
I don't see where i f...k up the thing, thanks for your lights.
Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:59:29 pm by yankeeromeo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 02:59:12 pm »
Ok, i'm trying to be clearer: I have no trace of this scenery at all, not in FSX\fsdreamteam folder, not when in flight, of course, no nothing.

Sorry, but that's just not possible, considering you said you haven't seen any errors during the installation. A problem in the scenery.cfg, for example, might prevent the scenery to be added to the Scenery Library, but you should have seen a message about this in the installation. Are you absolutely sure you haven't seen any errors during the installation ?

And, at least the files should have been copied in the FSX\fsdreamteam folder.

Is it possible you have two different FSX installs, and your registry keys for FSX are pointing to the *other* install, so the scenery gets installed there ?

Or maybe, you have both FSX and FS9, and the FSX registry is pointing to the FS9 folder, or vice versa ? This might happen if you run one of those utilities that "cheat" installers to force installation in FSX for installers made for FS9 only, and they screw up registry keys.

yankeeromeo

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »
Downloaded the FSX setup from your website, runned the installer, verfied in my FSDT folder, booted FSX and :D :D PHLI is there,
everythings seems to work, meaning that i did not installed the scenery... ???
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Saluti.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:38:01 pm by yankeeromeo »

normandean

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 12:37:52 am »
Hi Umberto, I have exactly the same problem. All my FSDT airports were working fine until I installed Honolulu and Hawian airports. After installing the green trial message apeared, I went to the download manager and inserted my serial numbers. No buildings appeared, so I rebooted and started FSX again, but although the addon manager now showed the scenries as active there were still no buildings. I therefore came on this forum and saw this post. I have followed your instructions above exactly, even though I have both FSX and specifically the bmlmanx and coutl entries separately excluded. I reloaded the Hawiain airports as a test and after installing I checked around. The bglmanx.dll entry is correct in the dll.xml file and the coutl.exe is in the exe.xml file. The correct entries are also in the FSX.cfg file.

I have checked that the actual scenery files are installed in the FSDT folder in FSX and the correct entries are in the scenery library. On running FSX I have confirmed the running of the exe and dll files and now I am again getting that annoying warning about the bglmanx dll that I have not see for some time now. BUT, although the addon manager is in the addon menu there is no coutl entry there. So, I now do not have my other FSDT airports either.

I therefore unistalled both Honolulu and the Haiwian airports and also JFK. I downloaded JFK again and reinstalled it. Confirmed everything again and also the warning messages with FSX but still no coutl menu.

I have tried running FSX as administrator, in Windows XP SP3 mode or both together and still no good. My operating system is win7 64 bit with UAC turned off.

So, not only do I not have my new purchases but I have lost all my other FSDT airports as well.

So, your help is urgently asked for.

Norman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 01:59:19 am »
After a Windows reboot, check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu and the "Couatl powered products" menu under the Addons menu. If you don't have them, it's most likely caused by the antivirus, in this case, do this:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

normandean

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 10:22:57 am »
Hi Umberto,

If you read my post above again you will see that I have already done exactly the process that you have posted again for two airports.

However, I will do it for a third time and see what happens.

Norman

normandean

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 03:16:39 pm »
Well, I finally made it after six attempts. In the end I had to completely uninstall Lavasoft Ad-Aware.

Norman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 03:54:27 pm »
If you read my post above again you will see that I have already done exactly the process that you have posted again for two airports.

I've read it very carefully, and since you said you had the Addon Manager menu, without saying anything about the Couatl menu. Since BOTH menus should be there for the scenery to work, I had to assume the Couatl menu was missing, and the only explanation for the Couatl menu missing, would be an antivirus not properly configured, that's why I've repeated the whole procedure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 03:57:02 pm »
Well, I finally made it after six attempts. In the end I had to completely uninstall Lavasoft Ad-Aware.

That's just confirms what the problem was. If the antivirus/security software which is the cause of the problem, can't be configured to exclude a file or a folder from scanning, it's best to uninstall it and switch to a better product, because it's a crucial feature to defend against false positives.