Author Topic: Compatibility with FSDT PHNL and MAIW Kaneohe Bay  (Read 4735 times)

kiwiflyer

Compatibility with FSDT PHNL and MAIW Kaneohe Bay
« on: February 03, 2011, 01:53:08 am »
There was a thread a long time ago that solved a problem many of us were having with PHNL failing to load due to an incompatibility with the MAIW Kanehoe Bay MCAS scenery. Removing the PHNG scenery solved the problem but I really liked that scenery and so I was wondering if anyone ever came up with a fix that allows both sceneries to work together?

kiwiflyer

Re: Compatibility with FSDT PHNL and MAIW Kaneohe Bay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:38:30 pm »
I'll take the no replies as the answer that nobody has a fix. I am willing to recompile the scenery using Instant Scenery and if John Hinson approves, would be willing to upload it to AVSIM as a special FSDT compatible version. (It will also be Megascenery Honolulu compatible - I have already reworked the AF2 file so it fits the photo scenery) I've already taken a look and all the objects that John used are available in the library.

But it would help if someone can tell me what actually caused the incompatibility so I'll know what I can and can't use. Can anyone help?
Ian

Saturn_29

Re: Compatibility with FSDT PHNL and MAIW Kaneohe Bay
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 10:31:55 am »
Make sure you have the files Dark_Road.bmp and Dark_Road_LM.bmp in the main FS9 texture folder. I forgot to install those files and my sim was crashing. I put those files in and everything is fine.

(those 2 files were included in the Kaneohe Bay package)