Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 245510 times)

Johan

Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2011, 12:34:37 am »
CAPT...
Thats cool... we can talk next weekend, by then I should have my computer fully upgraded (video card, extra RAM) and migrated over to win7pro 64-bit.  Yes, yes... I know, I FINALLY am making the jump.

Sludge,

Which video card are you getting? I was thinking of upgrading mine (an NVIDIA GTX 285) to a NVIDIA GTX 560 TI...I know that speed is essential for FSX, I have already a dual core 3.07 GHz.
I will look at responses for your earlier questions. I am using the Saitek X52 PRO.

Thanks,

Johan

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2011, 01:01:13 am »
Johan...

Got the nvidia gtx 550 2gb on the way. And I also use an x52, so at least we are similar. I'll put the new AIR file on SH.com, and just get you the link so you can try it out.

Later
Sludge

Herbie

« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2011, 06:17:00 am »
Hello!
Why is your plane not turning in high speed? I have no problem, of course it's not a turn on a dime. I'm using Saitek X52 Joystick and Rudder Pedals Calibrated with FSUIPC... FSX axis are Not in use, they are disabled. Herb

Johan

« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2011, 06:21:37 am »
Johan...

Got the nvidia gtx 550 2gb on the way. And I also use an x52, so at least we are similar. I'll put the new AIR file on SH.com, and just get you the link so you can try it out.

Later
Sludge

Thanks Sludge! Have a great weekend.

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2011, 05:44:14 pm »
Fellas...

Here's the new AIR file that will let you turn at HIGH SPEED. Should also get some easier low/dirty PA handling in the pattern. Let me know if you have more problems.

http://www.sludgehornet.com/downloads/FA-18_AIR.zip

Simply UNZIP, copy/paste over the FA-18.AIR file in SLUDGEFA18_FX aircraft folder. Overwrite? yes.

Later
Sludge

lvflyer

« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2011, 12:10:42 am »
Great thanks Sludge.  At least I can pull out of a dive now.  I also posted some new screenshots of testing the launch of and following alongside an AGM-84D in Underway connected to Naval Engagement if interested.  www.dahome.net/fsxpics.htm

Johan

« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2011, 12:22:03 am »
Great thanks Sludge.  At least I can pull out of a dive now.  I also posted some new screenshots of testing the launch of and following alongside an AGM-84D in Underway connected to Naval Engagement if interested.  www.dahome.net/fsxpics.htm

Hi Lvflyer,

Which weapon software are you using? It looks pretty good.

Johan

lvflyer

« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2011, 12:36:00 am »
One we are creating and looking for modelers and designers.  Weapons creation is controlled from the server.  We need to create the explosion and after effects yet.  We also want to show the other players in the scenario actual damage image of structures and vessels as well.  Totally freeware too so everyone can play without having to pay.

MikeB54

« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2011, 04:33:44 am »
Guys,

Sorry I haven't posted earlier.  I have been stuck in the middle of a bathroom remodeling project that is turning into a scene from "The Money Pit" and haven't had much flying time.

However, I did get a chance to take the Test Hornet for a quick spin.  I flew it with the new air file.  I did some formation flying and a few turns around the boat.  Everything felt pretty much the way I remember the Sim.  The good news is that Chris will be visiting next week and I can get his thoughts.

One thing I'd like to pass on is something I stumbled on by accident.  I wanted to make a change to the center DDI but the stick was in the way.  At the time I had just broken off from the formation flight I was doing and was headed to the boat.  I was doing about .85 mach at FL240.  The jet was trimmed out pretty well so i pushed the stick full left so I could make the change to the center DDI.  I was doing at least a full 360 degree roll every second.  I don't know if that roll rate is realistic or not.

I also ran into an issue where after a cat launch I couldn't turn.  Turns out that somehow the autopilot was engaged.  Once I disengaged it everything was fine.  Well, other than the fact that I was 5 miles in front of the boat by then.  LOL

Mike

Hey Sludge,

This tweaking stuff is addictive!  ;D I've continued to tweak since my last post, mainly the aircraft.cfg. What values are in the .air file and how do you tweak it?

I agree, we need to get Mike's input on the legacy sim and the test Sludge hornet. The super hornet sim required lots of small inputs for the precise flying around the boat. The stick was constantly being moved in a small radius, the size of half dollar when in the groove. That is the flight regime I focused on for my unstable tweaks, I understand you are looking for proper response in other phases of flight. When I made the Sludge hornet more unstable, it kind of kept me on my toes requiring constant small inputs in the groove. I've continued to tweak the .cfg, and have leaned more towards stable values since i last posted. Also I fly using the warthog hotas, and our controller sensitivities and null zones might be different.

I am in Florida this weekend but let me know if you want to Skype next week.

CAPT

Johan

« Reply #399 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:42 am »
Johan...

The decrease in agility shouldnt be to the point where you cant maneuver in low/dirty, so I may have to Skype you this weekend and get some real time feedback while we are both flying the same jet. I wanted it to keep pitch and rudder authority while dirty/slow but lose alot of roll authority. But I didnt want to get it soo unresponsive that you cant land on the boat.

Hi Sludge,

Sorry to respond late, so just wanted to let you know that I am getting a much better feel with the new air file you released. I don't have much time to fly right now but I will continue as soon as I have some days off around the holidays. Right now, I land very well on the AC with your test plane and Serge's vLSO...
Thanks,

Johan

SUBS17

« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2011, 11:28:03 pm »
Just took the Sludge for a flight nice work guys.

SUBS17

« Reply #401 on: December 14, 2011, 11:34:37 pm »
One we are creating and looking for modelers and designers.  Weapons creation is controlled from the server.  We need to create the explosion and after effects yet.  We also want to show the other players in the scenario actual damage image of structures and vessels as well.  Totally freeware too so everyone can play without having to pay.

Theres a mod being made called FSX@WAR which is free ware thats underdevelopment which has those features. If you team up with them it could make your job easier.

http://www.aeromaths.net/fsxwar/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=2&id=1879&Itemid=91&lang=fr

lvflyer

« Reply #402 on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:57 pm »
I understand that it isn't freeware and our hand has already been extended to team up.

SUBS17

« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2011, 12:17:20 am »
Yes it is free ware but it uses Tacpac but if your team spoke to them maybe you could swap 3dmodels or work together your mod could still be without TC and both could exchange ideas etc. Its a big job making that sort of stuff it might speed things up a bit.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #404 on: December 17, 2011, 10:07:30 am »
Fellas...

Lets stay on topic, please. I'll be back up soon enough, as I'm finally re-installing all my FSX stuff to my new Win 7 pro install. Its a painful and slow process, so bear with me, but once I get back up and running, I'll start modding again.

Later
Sludge