Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 247608 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2011, 08:39:33 am »
Fellas...

The MANUAL Sludge/Combat to CAPTSIM is done.  Try it out, tell me what you think.  If you have troubles, feel free to meet me on Skype for any help or clarifications.  This will also help me write better instructions.

http://www.sludgehornet.com/downloads/Sludge2CAPTSIM.zip

Also, I will be working on a CAPTSIM Weapons integration with all the Sludge/Combat Hornets and CS Delta Hornets.  So far, people want 1- CSW HUD in VC; Combat HUD in 2D.  As thats what I already have installed on my personal Sludge/Combat Alpha Hornets and CS Delta Hornets, I'll press ahead with that and let you know when a manual install is ready for release.

S DJ...

The Combat HUD works OK with Track IR.  Its not collimated, but it is conformal when at the default eyepoint.  I know that the Capt Sim Weapons HUD has been problematic with TrackIR, so at this point, it probly doesnt work well with it.

RJ...

What do you mean?  Can you be more specific?

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »
Sludge,
Not sure if this posted, so I'll try again.
When backing off the throttle, to about 80-85%, I get the old MSFS crappy burn-off, mixed in with your great effect. And, it dosen't happen with the CS Hornet(wierd, huh?) I noticed it after about the last 2 Sludge updates.
Here's a couple screens...

Thanks,
Mike

Fellas...

I got a temporary fix for this FSX glitch.  What happens is that the default afterburners are set to show 2 x "fueldump.fx" effect at MIN afterburner setting.  So for now, if this effects glitch gets on your nerves as much as mine, and you dont mind losing the "in flight" fuel dump effect, the fix is simple.

In FSX/EFFECTS folder --> rename FX_FUELDUMP.FX to FX_FUELDUMP.FX.BAK
(this will effectively disable the "white smoke" at MIN A/B glitch, but also preserve the original file, should you wish to re-use it at some point.)

Also, been working on several updates.  One being:  in conjunction with Skippy Bing sending me a new file that activates Window Panel 6 when the Hook is down and deactivates it when the Hook goes up; I'm also re-ordering the Panel windows so that you can manually select the Trap Gauge/IFLOLS window. Another: I've combined the IFLOLS and Trap Gauge window, so they come up together when this new file activates them.  The result being when the hook is lowered, whether you are in the VC, or 2D HUD, Panel 6 (IFLOLS/TrapGauge) will automatically be activated.  Additionally, the 2D HUD Indexer no longer appears when WoW, OR when in flight and the gear is up.  The end result being you have a "clean" 2D HUD when in "up and away" flight. Finally, Ive been working on the dust cloud and water spray effects... I'm in preliminary testing/modding, so we will see what happens with those.  Hopefully, the lessons I learn (few here and there) when putting these effects in, I can put to use with the flares effect, which is on the horizon now.

Just a quick update, and I'll let you know when I get these changes out everyone.  Also, putting the Sludge/Combat-FSWeapons combo on the backburner for now, til I solve these basic problems with the Sludge/Combat Hornet.  I'm sure alot of people will like the new panel configuration as it operates very well regardless of what "up and away" and/or landing configuration you fly in; 2D HUD or VC.

Oh BTW, I have a quick question.  Are there people out there that would like the Combat HUD to fire from the 2D HUD?  I personally use it that way, as I dont have TrackIR and dont like that I have to zoom wayy in to get a visual.  Plus, I like the "HUD tape" feel of shooting someone down.  Gonna ask JR if he is cool with me releasing a version of that... if enough people want it.  If not, no big deal.. I just figured I may not be the only one who likes it this way?  Let me know what you'd prefer.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:42:59 pm by Sludge »

Johan

« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2011, 06:29:41 pm »

Oh BTW, I have a quick question.  Are there people out there that would like the Combat HUD to fire from the 2D HUD?  I personally use it that way, as I dont have TrackIR and dont like that I have to zoom wayy in to get a visual.  Plus, I like the "HUD tape" feel of shooting someone down.  Gonna ask JR if he is cool with me releasing a version of that... if enough people want it.  If not, no big deal.. I just figured I may not be the only one who likes it this way?  Let me know what you'd prefer.

Later
Sludge

Hi Sludge,

Responding to your question above, yes, it would be great to use JR's Combat HUD firing capabilities from the 2D panel, whether or not you keep the Combat HUD in the VC in the next release. JR's HUD was huge leap in the Sludge's overall improvements.
Thank you,

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »
Johan...

OK, I'll take that as a yes. Keep in mind, the Combat HUD will still b active in every aspect in the 2D or VC. It will only FIRE from the 2D HUD.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Later
Sludge

wilycoyote4

« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2011, 08:12:21 pm »

Also, been working on several updates.  One being:  in conjunction with Skippy Bing sending me a new file that activates Window Panel 6 when the Hook is down and deactivates it when the Hook goes up; I'm also re-ordering the Panel windows so that you can manually select the Trap Gauge/IFLOLS window. Another: I've combined the IFLOLS and Trap Gauge window, so they come up together when this new file activates them.  The result being when the hook is lowered, whether you are in the VC, or 2D HUD, Panel 6 (IFLOLS/TrapGauge) will automatically be activated.  Additionally, the 2D HUD Indexer no longer appears when WoW, OR when in flight and the gear is up.  The end result being you have a "clean" 2D HUD when in "up and away" flight. Finally, Ive been working on the dust cloud and water spray effects... I'm in preliminary testing/modding, so we will see what happens with those.  Hopefully, the lessons I learn (few here and there) when putting these effects in, I can put to use with the flares effect, which is on the horizon now.

good !!!!
------------------
I don't have the CSW product so I can't comment and very rarely "fly" combat HUD which is still great.  

Anything that makes carrier ops "flying" better is for me !!! lol

Letourn

« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2011, 03:00:52 am »
Sludge,

Thanks for the MANUAL Sludge/Combat for CS. So far it works great.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2011, 09:29:38 pm »
Letourn...

No problem.  Was the least I could do.  Have pulled back the modding a bit, as the late nights are getting old.  Also, been playing golf more, so that cuts into my time for modding.

Wily...

The good part is that JRs Combat HUD (esp. the Gun HUD) will be part of any upcoming Sludge/Combat Hornet release.  And to clarify, the Combat HUD is all the JR/Printz Hornet HUD up to and INCLUDING the Gun HUD, w/my mods (symbology, viewpoint) and Serge's (Betty, BlackBox UFC-Nav, AoA, ALA) gauges included. Also, since I have to only update a few files and update the README.txt, newer wide releases are far easier, thanks to Raz' auto-installer.  Any other mods (ie. CSWeapons Sludge/Combat integration) will be a special-"FSDT only" release that I do for you guys here.  I may put out the information to others, but as far as a wide release to all the major servers as a version release, probly not.  Just dont see myself doing all the work FOR the Capt Sim bubbas when they dont work WITH ME at all.  I like their FSWeapons product enough, but they as a company are not very malleable, when trying to deal with them in any customer support capacity.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2011, 07:47:31 pm »
Fellas...

Sludge/Combat Integration v1.2 CHARLIE is almost ready.  Will work on final implementation this week, but right now its got alot of "goodies" that carrier flyers should appreciate.

One of the main "goodies" is the auto-enabled Parking Brake on Hook Down and auto-AntiSkid features.  As well as auto-popup of Window Panel-6 (IFLOLS/WireTrap) on Hook Down. This will allow you to get setup in a dirty carrier landing config, in the VC if desired, then land and go to MIL power and not fly off the angled deck when the "virtual wire" lets go.  Once you are spooling down, HOOK UP then deselects Window Panel 6, and "unlocks" the Parking Brake so you can either just unset the parking brake or hit your toe brakes to release the parking brake.

Also, there are several new "buttons" for use.  Including a newer-HUD cage/uncage button (seat-belt keyboard/joystick command); FSXBA "show smoke" button (pitot heat k/j button).  Much thanks to Serge for his wizardry (gauges) and his tutlege (pointing me in the right direction, helpful hints).  Also, to JR for similar wizardry and tutledge.  I'm still barely a newbie-coder but thanks to these gents, I'm learning more and more each day.

In addition, I improved the G-vapor once again... I REALLY LIKE IT.  Added VooDoo's heat shimmer, and I'll ask if we can straight up include his effects in the SCI or if he wants a separate download that fits right into the Integration install.  The heat shimmer is a "ground only" effect, so that when you taxi (up to 50 kts), you get the shimmer.  Its mostly cosmetic, but it does look cool and adds to the overall "immersion".

Will get back to you more as I get it closer to release.

Later
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2011, 12:41:13 am »
Sludge,

These are exciting news, can't wait to try the new mods. I am a carrier landing fan... Thank you and thank JR.

Johan

GOONIE

« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2011, 08:07:22 pm »
Sounds great! Looking forward to flying the Charlie version of the Sludge.

Separate question, does anyone know how to edit the FSX Accel carrier catapult values or adjust how the sludge hornet accelerates during the cat stroke? I imagine there has to be a way to edit the carrier file or aircraft file in FSX, to adjust/reduce the force/acceleration values used to catapult the jet. This would be a great fix, since it just feels really strange taking off with the throttle at idle, then going to max mil power at the end of the stroke to simulate correct flight and airspeed response.

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

wilycoyote4

« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2011, 09:20:34 pm »
Sounds great! Looking forward to flying the Charlie version of the Sludge.

Separate question, does anyone know how to edit the FSX Accel carrier catapult values or adjust how the sludge hornet accelerates during the cat stroke? I imagine there has to be a way to edit the carrier file or aircraft file in FSX, to adjust/reduce the force/acceleration values used to catapult the jet. This would be a great fix, since it just feels really strange taking off with the throttle at idle, then going to max mil power at the end of the stroke to simulate correct flight and airspeed response.

-Capt

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?53561-New-T-45C-Goshawk-update
Replies 17 and 23, other replies as well but not as defining and even contain wrong understandings in my humble bumble opinion of the moment.

It seems someone has done something very recently.  But whether or not it is useful for the Hornet I can't say but it looks like it will be.

I suggest cat changes become a new topic.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:11:55 am by wilycoyote4 »

lvflyer

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2011, 12:18:27 am »
Sludge first I want to thank you and all contributors for supporting the sharing aspect of how this hobby grew to where it is now.  With people like you we can minimize the negative aspect that the commercial interests have caused.  So thank you thank you thank you.

As to a problem that I am having with the sludge modifications.  I posted in Unofficial F/A-18 forum so I won't go into detail and refer you there in hopes that you are monitoring this thread closer.  Blackbox.cab is causing unexplained disconnects from multiplayer server.  I am at a loss as to where to go from here.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2011, 04:37:24 am »
Fellas...

Just a quick update from Sunday night.  It was a great weekend, alot of testing, modding, figuring things out, and in-general... much success.

Now the bad part, I'm waiting for one permission AND writing the README's.  Everyone here knows how much I hate those things but they have to be done for the general public.

So as of right now, the SludgeCombat v1.2 CHARLIE is ready for launch MINUS permissions, README, and final uploads.  I will upload the auto-install stuff first, then I'll finish and upload the MANUAL install later this week.

Also, these SludgeCombat have the Combat (GUNS WORKING) HUD in the 2D.  There is another PANEL.CFG named COMBATHUD_VC_panel.cfg that can be used to get the HUD back to the VC, if you desire it there.

Later
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2011, 07:09:56 am »
Thanks Sludge, can't wait to try it. I am sure the wait was worth it.

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2011, 04:50:11 pm »
Fellas...

Since I havent gotten the last permission yet, Ive been working on releasing the v1.2 CHARLIE without one upgrade that can be easily implemented when I do get permission.  Also, I had a fallback the other day with the new cat-shot brakes/contact points interaction, but it should be out this weekend.

Sorry for the delay, just that I know you guys are waiting and so am I. I'll release this version this weekend, minus one gauge, and once I get permission or find a work-around, Ill get that to you.  Its really easy to upgrade.

Later
Sludge