Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 248513 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2011, 07:02:24 am »
Johan...

Cool, I've used that "on stick" brakes configuration too.  OK, open FSX.  Go to the Settings --> Controls --> "Buttons/Keys" tab, and make sure your "controller type" is correctly selected.  Then under EVENT, scroll down to "Brakes anti-skid (on/off)".  Now you can assign a keyboard key to it, or a joystick key.

It doesnt respond when you try to activate it using the VC switch.  So you have to give it a keyboard key commmand or joystick button command to activate.

CAPT...

This applies for you too.  Setup a key or joystick command to activate the anti-skid and sure enough, it will also "unlock" the set parking brake.  Meaning, you can use the parking brake on trap, w/anti-skid ON, go to MIL power on trap and it will keep the parking brake on but the wheels will roll freely.

Later
Sludge

Herbie

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2011, 09:20:40 pm »
Hello Sludge!
Nice to hear from you after all the disaster around Alabama, Oklahoma, Johan and I was worried. Herb 

Johan...

Cool, I've used that "on stick" brakes configuration too.  OK, open FSX.  Go to the Settings --> Controls --> "Buttons/Keys" tab, and make sure your "controller type" is correctly selected.  Then under EVENT, scroll down to "Brakes anti-skid (on/off)".  Now you can assign a keyboard key to it, or a joystick key.

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »
CAPT...

This applies for you too.  Setup a key or joystick command to activate the anti-skid and sure enough, it will also "unlock" the set parking brake.  Meaning, you can use the parking brake on trap, w/anti-skid ON, go to MIL power on trap and it will keep the parking brake on but the wheels will roll freely.

Later
Sludge

Cool, I'll give it a try this weekend, also will install your updates for the Delta hornet.

Here are the pictures you asked for, to hopefully help with the jet exhaust/smoke not showing up on my FX version of the jet. Let me know if this is what you wanted.

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:08 am »
Herb...

Thanks.  Yeah, we actually had little to no storm activity here.  The closest it got was Arkansas.  It really nailed other states though.

CAPT...

After reading your through your posts and looking at the pics, I'm guessing you MAY have an earlier install AIRCRAFT.CFG file?  When I did EG_Smoke_DARK and EG_Smoke?  The newest AIRCRAFT.CFG [smoke] section should read like this...

[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.0= -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_dummy
smoke.1=  -6.00, 0.00, 0.90, fx_F18_gun_smoke
smoke.2= -17.35,-0.53,-2.32, fx_AOA_green
smoke.3= -17.35,-0.53,-2.45, fx_AOA_amber
smoke.4= -17.35,-0.53,-2.58, fx_AOA_red

smoke.5= -62.50, 2.00,    0, fx_F18_EG_Smoke_R
smoke.6= -62.50,-2.00,    0, fx_F18_EG_Smoke_L

smoke.7= -62.50, 2.00,    0, fx_F18_EG_Smoke_R
smoke.8= -62.50,-2.00,    0, fx_F18_EG_Smoke_L

smoke.9= -19.00, 0.00, 1.50, fx_F18_MedG_LEXVapor
//NOTE:  I BOLDED these particular "smoke effects" because they are the ones that have to read as such.  Also, in your PANEL folder you need to have the latest FX Folder as well, that makes use of these effects.

Additionally, you need to have the fx_F18_EG_Smoke effect in your FSX\EFFECTS folder.

Let me know if you check that... and if everything is installed correctly, and you still dont get the smokes, something is wrong with your install.  I may have to meet you on Skype to fix, OK?

Later
Sludge

Letourn

« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2011, 03:45:12 pm »
Thanks for adding the CF-188

Let

Victory103

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:45 am »
Sludge,
Getting up to speed on the mods and only wanted to know if you can add a quick "manual install" to the read me, I'm still having issues with the Integrator, but comfortable doing the manual on both models, just wanted to make sure I transfer the right files over to the Delta, as I fly both 50/50.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2011, 05:11:48 am »
Victory103...

You and Letourn have the same problem and request, so I'll see IF I can put something MANUAL together, so that you just have to cross the files over to the CS Delta Hornet.  The main problem is that I have to make sure Im not sending any of CS proprietary files...

Working now.

Later
Sludge

StraitDJ

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2011, 06:10:22 pm »
This manual install guide would be MUCH appreciated, as are all of your previous efforts.

GOONIE

« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:18 pm »
Sludge,

Still no joy on the smoke, but no worries, not like I really have to have the smoke, and we both know it won't help me get an OK3 wire.

Really I am just enjoying the new handling characteristics (performance tweaks) of the jet and flying around the boat, looking forward to flying it on Serge's vLSO mission!

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:21 pm »
StraitDJ...

Will try to get that out this week.  Every time I start working on it, I get sidetracked with new mods or ideas.  I just made a full set of "converted" CSWeapons Hornets for the Sludge/Combat Alphas and CS Delta Hornets, that have the collimated CSW HUD in the VC, and the Combat HUD in the 2D.  All the Sludge effects work, the CSW HUD AoA bracket is even set correctly (8.1) and it needs minimal cross-over changes, so I'm on the right track of how this MANUAL Sludge install needs to get done.

Now, I just have to get it set up to a point where I can send out a .zip package to everyone, along with user-friendly instructions.  Ill try to stay the course, put down the modding wand for a night and get that done.  I know you guys want to fly the latest Sludge mods too.

FELLAS...

In my mods for the CSWeapons integration, what setup is preferred?  1- CSW HUD in VC; Combat HUD in 2D.  2- Combat HUD in VC; CSW HUD in 2D?

Just let me know which version you'd rather fly with, and after I get this MANUAL install stuff done for SDJ, Letourn, and others...  I'll get to work on the CSWeapons MANUAL integration as well.

CAPT...

Lets definately meet up on Skype and Ill try to fix it.  The smoke is really a cool effect to have, so when you get some time, let me know and we can meet up and get that fixed for ya.  Usually, in finding a fix, I come across something thats helpful to everyone, as far as troubleshooting is concerned, so I'd definately want to get this figured out.

And yes, I cant wait for the vLSO mission either.  When Serge is done Ill be waiting in line to try it out.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:17:02 pm by Sludge »

Johan

« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2011, 10:50:16 pm »
In my mods for the CSWeapons integration, what setup is preferred?  1- CSW HUD in VC; Combat HUD in 2D.  2- Combat HUD in VC; CSW HUD in 2D?

Later
Sludge

Hi Sludge,

If you ask me, go for 1- CSW HUD in VC; Combat HUD in 2D

I already have solution #2 which is the one I would assume most people have.

Thanks a lot.

Johan

simaddict

« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2011, 01:25:24 am »
Sludge,
Yeah, I second that: 1- CSW HUD in VC; Combat HUD in 2D

On the Capt Sim site, under Free Liveries for CSW, there is an integrater for the hud. I am set up where as I can pop up the Combat Hud control and turn it off if I only want the CSW hud.

Thanks,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
Fellas...

Good news, I got most of the MANUAL integration hammered out.  Now, I just gotta test it tonight and get it out to everyone that needs it.

Also, when I'm done with that, I'll get out the CSWeapons integration as well, with the #1 configuration:  CSW HUD in VC; Combat HUD in 2D.  This works with everything BUT refueling in the VC HUD, for obvious reasons.  It can still be done but the refueling gauge symbology breaks down because it cant be displayed in the HUD.  Refueling can and does work in the 2D HUD, as advertised.  I tested/confirmed this myself.

Later
Sludge

StraitDJ

« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:56 pm »
Any word on how well each/any of these will behave with TrackIR? I am looking forward to seeing what you have already done and just asking for clarification.

rj16066

« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2011, 12:50:48 am »
How do you use this?