Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 248465 times)

wilycoyote4

Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2011, 08:54:40 pm »
HUD is good, in my opinion, new placement ok.

simaddict

« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:13 pm »
Sludge,
Wow, I think you're working your way to perfection here! Handling is so much smoother!! By the way...you crack me up with the humor..."recovering FSX airline killer" and do you need an "intervention".My girlfriend catches me downing anything in sight and askes me if we need to talk!!! I hear ya!

I did notice that if I change the tailhook setting to only the one line..cable_force_adjust =   0.70 and remove the length and position lines(ONLY ON THE CAPT SIM DELTA HORNET), it wont catch a wire? I tried several times, no luck.
So, I put the length, and position lines back, left your " cable_force_adjust =   0.70" and now it traps again. Again, only on the Capt Sim hornet.

Johan's work around to install CS Weapons works great, dosen't remove the Sludge smoke and vapor effects!!
Thanks, Johan!

Sludge,
Thanks for understanding the slower connection and feeding these updates as we go, greatly appreciated!
Take care!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Johan

« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2011, 10:36:37 pm »

Johan's work around to install CS Weapons works great, dosen't remove the Sludge smoke and vapor effects!!
Thanks, Johan!

Mike

Thanks Mike, I am glad it helped.

Johan

Herbie

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »
Hello Johan!
Why you don't post the work-around for the CS weapons? Herb

(Johan's work around to install CS Weapons works great, dosen't remove the Sludge smoke and vapor effects!!)
Thanks, Johan!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Johan and Mike!
I did get the work-around from Johan, thanks and wish you all a nice Easter-weekend. Herb
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:12:27 am by Herbie »

simaddict

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2011, 12:06:16 am »
Herbie,

If Johan is busy or can't get back to you now, I can try to forward it to you. He emailed me the "work around". It takes some time and editing, but it works! Let me know if you want me to forward it, I'll try.
Mike

Also, follow each step, in that order, exactly the way he spells it out, that's important.
Mike  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:18:40 am by simaddict »
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Johan

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2011, 12:41:02 am »
Hello Johan!
Why you don't post the work-around for the CS weapons? Herb

(Johan's work around to install CS Weapons works great, dosen't remove the Sludge smoke and vapor effects!!)
Thanks, Johan!

Herbie,

I will send it to you tonight (I am PST). I would like to have a couple of people test it before I post it. It seems to have worked for Mike, so that's a good thing.
Thanks,

Johan

wilycoyote4

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2011, 06:39:51 am »
Bolter, drats, missed the 4 wire by inches, but very smooth, bit of fun, trying and learning, but mostly having fun.  Pause key is so useful.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:15 am »
CAPT...

Sludge,

Couple things, first I really like the new 2D and VC HUD size and layout.

I am still getting the nose down pitching, which looks just like the pics Wiley posted. Two things I've done to overcome this, is first I reduced the cable_force_adjust =   0.55, and then when landing I don't apply mil power and apply more back elevator once down, seems to keep the nose gear up or from going through the deck. Now this is just cosmetic, to be used when landing and taking video, when I land normally using the 2D HUD I don't really care about the nose wheel dip and apply mil/burner (as req) as per NATOPS until I know I’ve trapped. Does anyone else have the problem after trapping and applying mil/burner then reducing to idle, that you still roll forward pretty significantly? I always have to stay sharp on the breaks to not go off the end of the ship, even though I feel I reduce to idle as soon as I know I am trapped/caught a wire. Not sure there is a way to fix that.

Also, one thing I like, personal preference, is to keep the aileron_effectiveness  = 1.4 (old sludgefx value), instead of the updated value to 1.1 . It seems to give me the aileron authority and response I desire behind the boat.

Finally any thoughts on the engine smoke not showing up even with correct N1 and altitudes? I think it might be a FSX.cfg setting I have turned off, or a display setting, but not sure. I get the lexvapor to work fine.

Keep the great updates coming!

-CAPT

Cool, thanks.  Yeah, I like the overall look myself, and the fact it doesnt change any functionality.

As far as the dipping, I think you've hit on it exactly in that whole paragraph.  If you want to make a good video, change the cable_force to something acceptable that keeps the nose above the deck.  But if you want some closer to realistic, keep it at .70, even tho you get the nose dip.  Its just alot of work to get every case fixed, so I just take the best I can and enjoy it for what it is.  Sometimes I have to remember, I can only mod soo much... and the F-18 will still not behave like real life.  Also, I have the very same problems with the carrier landing.  One of my cheap workarounds has been to lock the wheel brakes in the VC.  Then I can go to full mil at the end of trap without worrying about falling off.  Once my hook starts retracting I tag my toe brakes, while adding power and nose steering around to cat 2 for another go around.  Wish there were some type of fix for that, just dont know what we'd have to do.

Yeah, feel free to mod however you see fit.  Some people fly differently, and thats the beauty of modding.  Also, working on a new fa-18.air that has the level flight data from Ave Joe incorporated.  Meaning .85 Mach at MIL power at 5k MSL, clean config, full fuel, for an F-18D.  I've modded both the Alpha Hornet (.91) and the Delta (.85), and am not concerned about higher altitudes til I can figure out the fa-18.air file more and that article I quoted earlier.  I see how they are approaching the deficiency, but I'm missing how to actually incorporate it into the Alpha/Delta .air file.

I'm not sure why thats not showing up.  Can you send a screenie of you in a Sludge FX, at 5k, FULL MIL, chase cam view from front to back looking low to high.  And can you make sure both shift-z RED data lines are visible on your screenie as well?

Thanks.

SIM...

Sludge,
Wow, I think you're working your way to perfection here! Handling is so much smoother!! By the way...you crack me up with the humor..."recovering FSX airline killer" and do you need an "intervention".My girlfriend catches me downing anything in sight and askes me if we need to talk!!! I hear ya!

I did notice that if I change the tailhook setting to only the one line..cable_force_adjust =   0.70 and remove the length and position lines(ONLY ON THE CAPT SIM DELTA HORNET), it wont catch a wire? I tried several times, no luck.
So, I put the length, and position lines back, left your " cable_force_adjust =   0.70" and now it traps again. Again, only on the Capt Sim hornet.

Thanks for the good words.  Yeah, I try to lighten things up as I can get too wrapped up in this stuff and need to relax a bit.  And its fun to down any aircraft in sight every now and then, screw RoE.  Lets get in the merge and dance.

Also, yes... those settings to remove were ONLY for the Sludge Hornets.  Since they are based off the default, removing those lines wont "hurt" its tailhook settings.  However, the CS Delta Hornet is a different model and yes, it will mess up the contact points for the tailhook if you remove those lines from [tailhook] section.  Sorry about not making that clearer.  Apologies.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2011, 06:47:13 am »
Wily...

Bolter, drats, missed the 4 wire by inches, but very smooth, bit of fun, trying and learning, but mostly having fun.  Pause key is so useful.

No better way to put it.  Sometimes we miss the point, but you nailed it.  Just go out, fly, and have some fun.

Later
Sludge

wilycoyote4

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2011, 07:00:57 am »
I'll be going in the VC more often.  Yes it was so smooth just the normal thottle up in trap procedure.  Approach was almost on the numbers.  Lots of fuel onboard.  Sometimes that pause key is just the answer to see everything.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2011, 07:08:29 am »
Wily...

Glad that worked for ya.  We may have to get together and fly on the multi someday.

Later
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2011, 05:36:30 pm »
Sludge,

In the Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video you released on 2/20/11, it shows your plane moving back forward a bit after AC landing while the hook is retracting...how do you do that? Mine doesn't, it stays put right there.
Thanks,

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2011, 06:25:50 pm »
Johan...

Its funny you say that.  As of right now, thats Micro's moviemaking magic at work there.  He puts that into several of his videos.  One of his prior works even had a wire actually payed out and let go by the hook.  I think thats in his Tomcat landing video?

However, I'm gonna work with to make a gauge that "reads" when the trap gauge activates.  At activation, the gauge would:
1.  <key event: ctrl-.>   "set parking brake", wait 3-4 secs for FULL MIL power spool down.
2.  <key event: ctrl-.>   "set parking brake" again to undo setting brake.
3.  <key event: shift-p> "pushback" for a few seconds, to simulate wire pull back.
4.  <key event: shift-p> "pushback" to stop wire pull back.
5.  <key event: h>        "raise the tailhook"

Will keep you updated on this project as it goes along.

Later
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2011, 07:09:19 pm »
Johan...

Its funny you say that.  As of right now, thats Micro's moviemaking magic at work there.  He puts that into several of his videos.  One of his prior works even had a wire actually payed out and let go by the hook.  I think thats in his Tomcat landing video?

However, I'm gonna work with to make a gauge that "reads" when the trap gauge activates.  At activation, the gauge would:
1.  <key event: ctrl-.>   "set parking brake", wait 3-4 secs for FULL MIL power spool down.
2.  <key event: ctrl-.>   "set parking brake" again to undo setting brake.
3.  <key event: shift-p> "pushback" for a few seconds, to simulate wire pull back.
4.  <key event: shift-p> "pushback" to stop wire pull back.
5.  <key event: h>        "raise the tailhook"

Will keep you updated on this project as it goes along.

Later
Sludge

Micro is good, I tell you. Thanks for your response Sludge, have a great (golfing?) weekend.

Johan

wilycoyote4

« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2011, 08:28:42 pm »

Interesting gauge idea.Thanks but I'm dailup----can you believe it----so, I'm not able to join others on the net.

My bolter ---134 KIAS, 54% fuel, Alpha 7.8 as I flew past 4 wire just a foot or so too high.