Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 248487 times)

GOONIE

Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2011, 04:34:10 pm »
Sludge, looking forward to testing the latest hornet you and the team put together, thanks!

One question, I looked on the sludge hornet forums for the manual install with no joy, am I missing something?

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2011, 06:15:14 pm »
CAPT...

Yeah, I put the link to the file on THIS site.  Here you go:  http://www.sludgehornet.com/downloads/SludgeHornets.zip

It should have all the latest updates.  I have a few more fixes this weekend... including different contact points (little to no "dip" on throttle up (mil power) and/or carrier landings), better camera views that include the MPCD (center MFD) and the two DDIs (left/right MFDs), and a slight tweak in the trim (upped the trim effectiveness scalar) so you dont have to put in a grip full of trim just to get set up for carrier landings. When dirtied-up FULL FLAPS, its now around 3.0 UP TRIM vs. 5.5-6.0 UP TRIM in the old settings.

RAY...

Hey Sludge,

I had a bit of idle time and thought I would try some visual tweaks on the default "Grunge Sludge". Let me know what you think ;D

Sorry for the lateness of this reply.  I like it A LOT, especially the FRONT SIDE ARTWORK on the nose.  Send that bad boy over here to me when you get a chance.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:42:40 pm by Sludge »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2011, 06:38:00 pm »
Ray...

BTW, due to popular demand (sure are alot of Canadian Flyers out there in the FSX world who have my email), Im gonna include a Canadian Alpha paint.  So find me your best active Canadian LINE squadron paint, fix it up how you like, put your rank, name and callsign on it... and Ill include it in the next big release.

Later
Sludge

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2011, 09:06:18 pm »
You got it, my friend. I'll PM you with the links later today ;)
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

Woogey

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2011, 09:17:05 pm »
Hello Sludge,

This is my first Time writing here.  I have a problem.  I have the CS F-18D, the Sludge Hornet, Combat Hornet, Dino's F-14D & T-45C.  Dino's Have been upgraded with the "Realistic" HUD's, Which I believe are the same as the Combat Hornet.  2 Days ago I purchased the Iris Pro F-14A/B as a Download, and low and behold, All my Hud's Disappeared!  The only Hud's I have working are the default acceleration Hud, and the Iris hud.  Not to mention, I can know longer load the aircraft and go.  I now have to do a full start-up like the aforementioned Iris product.  I wonder if anybody else has run across this problem?  Do you know what could be the problem?  I re-ran the sludge installer to no avail.  Also, a couple of weird glitches with the CS jets.

1)  If I take all the ordnance of the jet, the lower half of the landing gear disappear. 
2) For the VMFA-332, VMFA-121, VFA-103 re-paints, the Canopy goes almost completely opaque, A slightly Blueish color?  I looked through the Texture files, but there appears not to be any individual files for the canopy?

Please Help!  I want all my Jets to Work. 

Please E-mail me as I may not see a reply post right away.    P.Woog1@Gmail.com  if you have a solution to my dilemma-Woogey

Johan

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2011, 10:42:14 pm »
Hello Sludge,

This is my first Time writing here.  I have a problem.  I have the CS F-18D, the Sludge Hornet, Combat Hornet, Dino's F-14D & T-45C.  Dino's Have been upgraded with the "Realistic" HUD's, Which I believe are the same as the Combat Hornet.  2 Days ago I purchased the Iris Pro F-14A/B as a Download, and low and behold, All my Hud's Disappeared!  The only Hud's I have working are the default acceleration Hud, and the Iris hud.  Not to mention, I can know longer load the aircraft and go.  I now have to do a full start-up like the aforementioned Iris product.  I wonder if anybody else has run across this problem?  Do you know what could be the problem?  I re-ran the sludge installer to no avail.  Also, a couple of weird glitches with the CS jets.

1)  If I take all the ordnance of the jet, the lower half of the landing gear disappear. 
2) For the VMFA-332, VMFA-121, VFA-103 re-paints, the Canopy goes almost completely opaque, A slightly Blueish color?  I looked through the Texture files, but there appears not to be any individual files for the canopy?

Please Help!  I want all my Jets to Work. 

Please E-mail me as I may not see a reply post right away.    P.Woog1@Gmail.com  if you have a solution to my dilemma-Woogey

Woogey,

Concerning the CS jets issues, go to the CS website/support where you purchased your planes, and look at tickets #641, 685 resolving the problems...I personally do not own the CS F-18D but I read their forum. Try to resolve this first it see if it fixes the remainder of your issues.

Johan

simaddict

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2011, 03:14:23 am »
Woogey,
The disapearing landing gear happens to me now and then, I simply hit reset or (ctrl+;) and all is well. The Captain Sim support forum says to reinstall X Load, however I don't want to lose the Sludge mods, which I think it will if you reinstall.
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2011, 04:45:10 am »
Woogey, (short for Wooganowski from 'Something About Mary'??)...

Not sure about the effects of the Iris F-14.  Ill look around the forums and see if I can find out something that might correllate to your losing HUDs on other aircraft, including the Sludge.  If I get an answer Ill get back to you via your email.

Very odd about #1 and #2 glitches.  Im doing some modding but Ill look into those tonight and this weekend.  First, to see if I can replicate...  Second, IF I CAN REPLICATE, to find a solution.  Again, IF I get it to replicate and find a solution, Ill send it to your email AND post it up here.

Fellas...

Thanks for the quick help.  Feels good knowing there are others at the ready.

Later
Sludge

Woogey

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2011, 07:50:51 pm »
Thank you for replying Guys.  Sludge: For replication purposes, I Installed Combat Hornet first, Then Dino's F-14D, I found Sludge Hornet on AvSim, Then the T-45C.  I Added the realistic Hud's to both of Dino's aircraft.  Now up to this point everything worked, almost great.  2 very very minor issues The hud speed would not Drop below 43 knots, and the sound pack had issues when it came to warnings (very quiet and "fuzzed out" like a blown speaker almost).  Like I said very minor issues.  When I downloaded the Iris Pro F-14A/B (a very nice aircraft) from FSPilotshop, everything went to crap.  It reconfigured ALL my aircraft to require start-up from a dark cockpit, (although the engines are already started, with parking brake not set, kind of annoying).  But as previously stated Accel Default f-18 hud's are fine.

As a stop gap I went back to the Stock Hud's for Dino's airplanes and they work fine.  Still a Dark start-up though.  I will try to re-load the Realistic Hud's Again right now. 

Still nothing on the Sludge Modified aircraft, even after running Sludge.exe twice.  Just a little extra info, my system sucks.  I have a Amd dual core running Vista (I know) with an Nvidia 8600gt G.card.  FSX Deluxe, and Acceleration.  I will upgrade Hardware when I get some extra money.  I just started a new job at Boeing, at the very bottom.  --Woogey

Letourn

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2011, 11:50:46 pm »
Woogey,

I havent flown the F-14A for a while but it was working great on my system with modT45, F-14D and the Sludge hornet but i think it was always starting in dark. When i get home ill give it a try and let you know. What i do when i have a problem with starting plane like you have starting in dark i open free flight load any F/A-18 run a full startup when everything is running fine i save my flight then exit free flight restart free flight and the plane is ready to take off.

About the new Hud showing 43 knots on the ground its ok. Even the real hornet will indicate that airspeed come from differentiel pressure sensor that cant read below 4x knots. I also saw it by watching many videos of the CF-188 on the realhud but more experience people here will confirm this.

For your problem with installing the Sludge/Combat hornet have you try a manual installation.
You can download the file here http://www.sludgehornet.com/downloads/SludgeHornets.zip replace all your
existing files with the one on the zip file.

I hope this will help.

Let

GOONIE

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2011, 09:59:44 pm »
Thanks, Sludge! I've been test flying today and really like the new handling characteristics and quality, more fly by wire feel, and the trim gain is nice.

Not sure I have the latest iteration, but after trapping I am getting some significant nose down dipping and nose gear going through the carrier deck. After the trap, the gear contact points look fine, but not sure if there is a way to reduce this nose down dipping action right after trapping?

Also, I can get the lexvapor effect to work, which looks great, but I am not getting the engine smoke effects when below 1k alt, and 65 to 91 rpm. Any ideas? I added the effects files to the main fsx folder, is it a display setting or graphics setting? I have all my sliders low.

-Capt
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:08:44 am by capthaltli »
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Woogey

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2011, 12:29:20 am »
Thank You gentlemen for all your Help.  I think I have it almost.  I have erased everything, uninstalled, then reinstalled FSX-A.  This time around I Loaded up the Iris F-14 first.  I then opened up the game to verify it is working.  Next My Aerosoft SH-60, verified-good.................and so on.  I am going to try to install Sludge now.  Wish me luck!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2011, 07:15:22 am »
Fellas...

Thanks for helping out Woogey.  Sounds like he's close to fixing the problem.  Now, IF the Sludge installs and works correctly, will have to keep this in the "book" for future troubleshooting.  Also, the F-18 HUD will only display 48 knots or greater.

CAPT...

Good feedback, I'll keep that in mind.  I actually went back to the initial gear contact points, as others were saying the same thing.  The ones I had up until this last update were really good, so I went back to them, made some very minor tweaks, and Ill get them uploaded to the server soon.

(if the video doesnt already start at :20 secs, go there and watch the smoke buildup when they go to full run up and all the way to the climbout)

Yeah, the new smoke only works from N1 90 percent or more... this was done to make it work when the jet goes to full throttle or AB, and I based that on videos of the Blues, especially the ground run-up and brakes release.  It has a secondary activation, where it will work at 1000 ft or below, below 150 knots, and N1 above 65 percent.  This is to give smoke when adding power in the landing configuration.  Sorry I didnt clarify or put in the README, I'll get on that soon.  Thanks.

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2011, 11:58:14 am »
Capt-
Do you have CS Weapons installed? If so, try removing them. I get the smoke and vapor effects back without CS Weapons installed on the Sludge.

Sludge,
When you fix the contact points, will we have to do a full re-install or can we copy/paste changes from here, if possible? I only ask because I live in the Adirondack Mts. upstate NY, only dial-up available here in the boonies and it takes 4-5 hours to re download! No problem if you can't, I can just start it when I go to bed or take my laptop into work and use the WI-FI.
Thanks,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Johan

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »
Capt-
Do you have CS Weapons installed? If so, try removing them. I get the smoke and vapor effects back without CS Weapons installed on the Sludge.

I used to have the same problem with CS Weapons (smoke and vapor effects gone). When I re-installed the Sludge last week I was pleasantly surprised to see that CS Weapons works fine, the smoke and vapor effects are there. I always do a manual install of CSW on my planes, I don't use their automatic installer, I don't like the way it changes my panel.cfg.

Sludge,
I agree with Capt about the dipping nose on AC landings. The contact points are great though. Need to stiffen that front landing gear a bit.
Thanks,

Johan