Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 248506 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 04:52:25 am »
Fellas...

Cleaning up Sludgehornet.com, so that I can send out both the SHCHI.exe AND a single downloadable Sludge Hornet.ZIP package for MANUAL install and testing.

Mike...

The SHCHI.exe doesnt have all the new updates, as of right now, but Im working on that, along with the Sludge.ZIP folders.  Give me a little time TONITE, and I will have them done.  Making sure everything's installed correctly.  Found a few errors that I have to fix before I upload.

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 05:02:04 am »
Thanks Sludge! Take your time, it must be intense! Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 11:34:17 am »
Fellas...

OK, the latest version is up for testing.  For the installer, simply click on my link in my SIG and use the SHCHI.exe like before.  An active internet connection is required for the installer to work.

For the MANUAL install requests.  Download the FULL Sludge Files at:  www.sludgehornet.com/downloads/SludgeHornets.zip  Remember, its about 100MB, so it helps to have a fast connection.  Once downloaded, UNZIP to desktop or a temporary directory.  Copy/Paste both SludgeFA18_Basic and FX versions into your SIMOBJECTS\AIRCRAFT folder.  Then open up the UNZIPPED effects folder and copy/paste all the .FX files into your FSX\EFFECTS folder.  Let me know what you think about the new Vapor and exhaust smoke.  Also, for the MANUAL fellas, I CANNOT send out the CAPT SIM Delta Hornet version, sorry.  There are CAPT SIM specific files that Im not allowed to send.

There are new .TXT files for the UFC/BlackBox AND the UFC-NAV Page in the Documentation folder.  Feel free to try out and test.  Let me know what works and what doesnt.

These fa18.air and aircraft.cfg mods come from JIMI, and seem to give the jet a more-FCS FEEL.  I also recommend resetting your FSX in-game joystick sensitivities to FULL (far right), and minimal null zones.  That way, tiny controls are required to maneuver.  The jet will respond and will also HOLD your stick inputs better, even tho you still have to trim if youre heavy on the thrust inputs (mil to flight idle).

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:35:58 am by Sludge »

Tregarth

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 12:44:00 pm »
Dear Sludge,

I have just downloaded your latest creation from your site and manually installed the files.

I have run a quick check flight - CONGRATULATIONS.  IT IS AWESOME.

Thank you very much to all who have contributed so much to a really extraordinary experience.

Tregarth

Johan

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2011, 05:39:16 am »
Hi Sludge,

Fabulous work and some great improvements. I love the new G-smoke. The UFC-NAV will take some time for me to master, a learn by doing kind of thing. I noticed one thing though, my wheels are sinking again in the concrete by a couple of inches, whereas in the last release, the contacts were perfect. I looked in the aircraft.cfg, and there seems to be some changes in the gear points on contact in this new v1.3.  Just to mention, in case it needs to be changed back to previous version. Other than that, many thanks to the team for all this work. People have busy lives, and this dedication to keep improving this product is just commendable.

Thank you,

Johan

simaddict

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2011, 01:21:02 pm »
Hi, Sludge. Just wondered why VFA-115 for CS Delta Hornet is missing, but it is listed in the aircraft folder? Anyone else have this issue??
Thanks,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »
Tree...

Thanks.  And this is more for testing and evaluations.  We havent even got to v1.3 yet.  This is more like v1.2_A.  Still working on stuff.  Getting feedback, criticisms, and corrections.

Frenchie...

Thanks for the good words.  Glad you like it.

Johan...

Thanks.  Also, dont forget Serge for his work with the UFC-NAV page and many other gauges.  Were the instructions helpful?  If yes, cool.  If not, tell me what you think I should add or what would help a casual FSX flyer use this gauge.  Ive gotten the NAV page down pretty well, and it makes cross-countries alot more interesting.  You can "push it up" to make an earlier time, or "float it back" and arrive casually late.  Now, IF someone can just figure out a good Mach or Airspeed Hold AT ALTITUDE, we'd be in business.  The default straight up sucks for me.  I cant get it to hold at all when Im cruising.  Dont know how the "logic" works but it stinks.  Maybe Ill set the "use Indicated Airspeed" instead of True airspeed option in the FSX setup menu, then go fly on auto-throttle?

It was easier to make the G Vapor this time around.  I may "trim down" the effect (less particles/emitters = more fps friendly) or make it two separate effects [left/right g-vapor] (14 or less particles/emitters that I can mod directly in the SDK; SDK doesnt allow more than 14 particle/emitter entities, which I have to "workaround"), so I can mod them in the SDK?  Who knows what Ill end up doing, thatll probly wait for v1.3?  As of right now, for v1.2-Alpha, itll stay as is.  What did you think of the EG_Smoke?  Get straight and level about 8k, set the view to "fly by", zoom out to .5, and when you get about 300-400 kts, PLUG IN BURNERS, do some yanking and banking and tell me what you think.

And, I checked your complaint about the gear and saw exactly what you meant.  So I messed with it last night and did some testing.  Its ALOT better now (lowered the dampening but changed some values to get the jet back to what you're used to seeing), I think you'll like it.  Ill get those corrections added to the SH.com download server when I get home tonight.

Mike...

Its not soo much an issue as it is a "clerical/book-keeping error" on my part.  Thanks for the catch.  I got rid of those repaints because I couldnt get the release permissions as Dave Sweetman (author of VFA-15 and VFA-115 CS Delta Hornet repaints) was in Afghanistan 'til just after I released them.  When I get home, Ill recheck them for correctness, as the current Sludge/Combat CS Hornet should have the defaults, two USN [VFA-102, -103 CAG], and four USMC [VMFA(AW)-121, -242, -332. -533] repaints.  I went "USMC-centric" as the Marines are main flyers of the Delta Hornet.

Serge...

Much thanks for the mistake-catches you pointed out and the fixes.  Along with the gear fix and the aircraft.cfg repaint oversight, both your corrections will be uploaded to the server tonite.  Keep it up and we may just rename it the "Serge Hornet", as you have had a big hand in all of this.  Thanks big time, friend!!

Fellas...

One other thing Im working on is the Roll Rate.  I remember a few people saying the Hornet doesnt seem to roll fast enough.  With the new fa18.air data and the aircraft.cfg/aileron effectiveness scalar =  1.4, is that enough?  I was flying around last night and it SEEMED low to me.  So I UPPED the scalar 1.8 and it did some really snappy-fast rolls.  Maybe I overkilled it?  I know its subjective, but Id like to hear people's opinion on this issue.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2011, 05:45:51 am »
Hi, Sludge. Just wondered why VFA-115 for CS Delta Hornet is missing, but it is listed in the aircraft folder? Anyone else have this issue??
Thanks,
Mike

Mike...

I looked at both CS Delta Hornets and both have the old VFA-15 and VFA-115 notations removed in the aircraft.cfg, nor can I find it anywhere else.  Maybe Im missing what youre seeing.  Can you describe or take a screen shot of what's not right?

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2011, 01:56:12 pm »
Sludge,
I know you removed them from the config, but look what's in my actual folder....
I just noticed this, no big deal to me. Just wanted to show ya.
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2011, 07:03:17 pm »
Fellas...

Last night, I uploaded the newest Sludge corrections and fixes to the sh.com site.  Both the Auto Install files AND the MANUAL install .ZIP file are there.

Again, any and all input is welcome.  Enjoy.

Sludge,
I know you removed them from the config, but look what's in my actual folder....
I just noticed this, no big deal to me. Just wanted to show ya.
Mike

Mike...

Thats what I was looking for, thanks for the pic.  Im guessing it may have been a prior install?  Did you use the auto Sludge installer?  If so, it may not have deleted the OLD install?  If you re-install the new stuff, let me know what happens... will keep an eye on it.

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »
Sludge,
I used the SHCHI.exe  with the CS option. Maybe your right, it didn't fully remove the previous version. I will let you know after the new download.
Thanks,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

simaddict

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2011, 03:05:15 am »
Sludge,
I tend to agree with frenchie88. The only thing That I noticed was the missing repaint (VFA-115), mainly because I like it and noticed it was missing!

Everything else seems great!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2011, 04:58:07 am »
Frenchie...

Thanks, much appreciated.  Im glad you liked the new effects.  I was pretty happy myself when I was done with them.

From your personal critical standpoint, does this latest version seem to HOLD your stick inputs better than earlier Sludge versions?  Meaning... if you set the waterline "W" symbol at 10 deg nose up, it holds it there to a far greater degree?  Or if you put in 25 deg of bank, it will hold it better?

The reason I ask, is when I tried out JIMIs numbers (fa18.air and aircraft.cfg scalars) from his Blue Angels release  coming out, they held REALLY WELL.  It had an FCS-"feel" that I liked alot.  So I copied them onto the Sludge and so far, its been great flying for me.  I just would like more inputs from other flyers, and using prior Sludge Hornets as a comparison.  If you guys like them, Ill keep it for the Sludge/Combat Int., and have to give credit where its due.

Johan...

What did you think on the latest gear contact points?  I tried to fix them after I saw what you were talking about.

Later
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2011, 05:40:05 am »
Sludge,

Let me get to it over the weekend. I was playing along with the UFC-NAV from Serge and I haven't reloaded the version you put on-line last night. By the way, the instructions to use that NAV gauge are perfectly clear. I saw your note to Virtuali about the "glitch" with ZULU time, but I haven't encountered the problem.
Thank you and have a good weekend,

Johan

Johan

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2011, 04:24:36 pm »
Sludge,

The new contact points are perfect for me. No sinking wheels any more when the plane is idle. I will continue to look at the flight behavior by practicing this weekend. Have a good weekend.

Johan