Author Topic: Lost Afterburner Visual Effect After Windows 7-64 Install  (Read 12649 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Lost Afterburner Visual Effect After Windows 7-64 Install
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 06:01:54 am »
William...

Try setting MIN_THROTTLE_LIMIT = -0.01 and AFTERBURNER_THROTTLE_THRESHOLD = 0.70, thats what seemed to do the trick for me.

Lemme know what happens when you try those numbers.

Later
Sludge

WilliamCall

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 02:16:11 pm »
William...

Try setting MIN_THROTTLE_LIMIT = -0.01 and AFTERBURNER_THROTTLE_THRESHOLD = 0.70, thats what seemed to do the trick for me.

Lemme know what happens when you try those numbers.

Later
Sludge

Sludge,
     Using AFTERBURNER_THROTTLE_THRESHOLD = 0.70 works for me.  I was using 0.80, when I had a 32 bit OS.  I don't understand why I had to make the change when I installed a 64 bit OS, but it works.  As far as setting MIN_THROTTLE_LIMIT = -0.01, no joy.  I still get high thrust at idle on the Sludge Hornet and the Acceleration Hornet (high enough that I have to ride the brakes).  I've experimented by changing the airfile.  It looks like I can fix the high idle thrust by changing a couple of numbers in the airfile (that works for me).

WilliamCall

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 11:14:39 pm »
For those that have been following this thread, I've stumbled across the fix.  I needed to set my throttle axis sensativity in FSX to 100%.  I had it set at 50%, which was causing the idle thrust issue as well as triggering the afterburner.  Thanks to all who contributed.